“Good location for overnight stopover”

Fairfield Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Marriott is my favorite brand and I try to book Residence inn or Fairfield inn as much as I can due to good value and consistently good service and cleanliness. We stayed here for one night on our way to Portland. We didn't take advantage of free shuttle but driver was very helpful and gave us good direction to nearby beach, park and shopping. My only disappointment was the coffee, it was not strong and they should definitely change the brand they use. There's nothing worse then waking up in the morning and not having a good cup of coffee for the road.

Room Tip: Always request top floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
brandimay, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and also taking the time to give the Fairfield Inn Seattle SeaTac Airport a review regarding your stay. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

This airport hotel is about what you would expect, but the efficiency and friendliness of the desk staff made it a fine place to stay. The halls are incredibly long and the hotel feels like it was built without a level from the cheapest materials, but the beds are typically high quality Marriott and the amenities are ok enough. Fairly quiet and we weren't bothered by any noise. There is a free breakfast, but I always avoid styrofoam plates and food.

Room Tip: Try for top floor at the back of hotel, away from Elevators
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and also taking the time to give the Fairfield Inn Seattle SeaTac Airport a review regarding your stay. We are happy to hear that our Guest Service Representatives took great care of you during your check in and stay at the hotel.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I was coming back from northern Washington State and wanted a hotel near the airport for the last night of my trip.

Overall, an average Fairmont Inn. There are tons of tourists staying here so the free breakfast was like being a salmon swimming upstream. I wanted to make a waffle but one of the two waffle machines was out of order and I am guessing that these Asian tourists never heard of waiting in line because they would barge in front of you and totally ignore you.

The bed in the room I stayed in was very hard. The bathroom was small but the sink was actually outside of the bathroom so there wasn't the need for a big bathroom. The bathtub was small too. The water pressure was a little on the weak side but adequate for taking a shower. The towels were very poor in quality but clean.

Would I stay here again? Yea...probably would. There are more convenient Hyatt properties closer to the airport but I prefer Marriott hotels, however I am starting to rethink that customer loyalty some since a lot of Marriott hotels I have stayed in recently have been suffering in quality.

One last thing. The guy who checked me in was wearing two diamond earrings. I know that this is somehow acceptable to the modern generation, but to me its an insult. You need to look professional when greeting the public...not look like like a gang banger. It gave me a very uncomfortable feeling. Someone needs to school this guy about professional attire for work.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

I am sorry to hear that one of our waffle machine were down during your stay and that there was a long wait to make a waffle. We have fixed that issue since your stay.

Take care and again thank you,

Reviewed July 12, 2011

The beds were comfortable and the room was clean and neat. The breakfast was great, including hardboiled eggs and make your own waffles. Would definately recommend this hotel. There is a free shuttle from airport to hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and also taking the time to give the Fairfield Inn Seattle SeaTac Airport a review regarding your stay. We are happy to hear that the front desk was great and took great care of you.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

At the time of this review, my wife and I are on our first cruise. We are going to Alaska. We flew in from Sacramento yesterday. We had a very bad experience with the Seatac Travel Lodge North. Do not recommend that property. We waited about 20 minutes for the Fairfield Inn Shuttle to arrive. The driver was very nice and professional. We arrived about 10 minutes later to the hotel. The neighborhood was very nice, and the hotel is very nice. The hotel staff have been very nice and provided valuable information for getting around town, and offers shuttles and town cars to various destinations including the free airport shuttle. WIFI that I am using to write this review at 3:38 in the morning is fast and reliable. The room is very nice and clean with flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave. The Room has AC which we are enjoying. The security bar lock works great. The previous motel we were going to stay at did not have that feature. The only thing that my wife could find wrong with this hotel is a separated seam on the crown molding. That is a blemish that I can live with. We were able to get a AAA discount on the room. The night manager Matt stated that he will put a note in his file for our return trip next week so that he can help us get early check in. Matt also provided information on free shuttle to the local mall which has a movie theater. The manager also granted me access at 01:00 am to the fitness room and the pool area. Photos below. Small but very clean fitness facilities. The hotel has security that patrol all night long.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and also taking the time to give the Fairfield Inn Seattle SeaTac Airport a review regarding your stay. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We hope that you had a great first cruise to Alaska.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Stayed here overnight on arrival in Seattle and all went well. Came back here for 2 nights at end of trip and was disappointed. Air Conditioner was leaking and rug in front was wet. Requested a wake up call for 4:50 a.m. to catch a plane. It never came and we awoke at 6:00. They said the board showed that our line was busy. Could they not have done a personal check?? We were surely not on the phone at that hour. There had to be a mechanical problem. They did send special van to take us to airport as they only run shuttle every 30 min and we missed the 6:00 van. The van drivers had been very nice taking us to dinner 2 nights but the missed wake up call left a bad memory for us. Not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed here for a week and a half, and the Fairfield had a GREAT bed in a clean, quiet room where you'd only have to worry about noise if you tried to sleep with the windows open (you'd hear airplanes from the adjacent airport) or if your upstairs neighbors were heavy stompers. Overall, the pros & cons were...

PROS:

* GREAT bed
* Clean, quiet room
* Free breakfast every day
* Friendly, helpful hotel employees
* Free high-speed Internet (wired & wireless)
* Free shuttle service to the airport, light rail station, and any restaurant within one mile
* For aviation enthusiasts, the Alaska Airlines / Horizon Airlines logo shop is less than a mile south of the hotel (on the way to Safeway)

CONS:

* Even if you like airplanes, you'll probably want to sleep with your windows closed
* If your room is on the south side of the hotel, you'll be overlooking a car rental facility where employees clean cars all day

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are on the north side of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business