“worked out fine”

Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We needed to stay at SeaTac to catch a 5am flight out. The Red Roof had a great rate, and turned out to have service to match. The front desk was helpful and friendly when we checked in - same with the night shift when we left. The evening limo driver went out of his way to bail us out on a rent car complication; the recently renovated 3rd floor room was just fine with a good bed, WiFi, fridge and microwave, plus a big window and small balcony. The view was across a gas station toward the terminal, but what do you want? The motel is literally at the airport, so it does have an industrial feel. However, we didn't experience any of the problems mentioned earlier. Either we were lucky or they've cleaned things up with the renovations. Our experience was very, very positive.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC

Reviewed January 8, 2009

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn for a night between flights. A complimentary shuttle arrived within minutes of ringing them on the courtesy phone at the airport. The reception area, like the building itself, is plain but functional. The front-desk night staff was friendly and kept registration simple to make it short.
Our room was at the end of two long corridors (a new wing, by the looks of it).
The room itself was a pleasant surprise: well-appointed, immaculately clean, comfortable beds, with little but thoughtful features that many more upscale places lack, such as a desk with conveniently located power and Ethernet outlets, a good desk lamp, a sink separate from the bathroom itself and – don't laugh – thick toilet paper and sensibly sized bath soaps.
There are no coffeemaking facilities in the room and no dining room (just an area with drinks machines), and I can't vouch for the area, but if you need a clean and pleasant place to crash before or after a flight at SeaTac, this is worth considering. One downside: Boingo isn't one of the roaming internet options.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2008

I've stayed at this place twice now, once by myself and once with my wife. It's a mile or so from SeaTac Airport, and they have a shuttle running from there to the hotel -- every half-hour. So, you may have to wait a little but that's fine with me.

The hotel is a bit old and needs a paint job in places, but that doesn't bother me. Both times I've stayed my room has been clean and functional.

I've found the staff very friendly and accommodating. In particular, they are willing and happy to use a shuttle to drive you to places in the area. On my first visit they drove me to a local cinema, about 2 miles away, and picked me up again afterwards.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2008

I was arriving in SEA after midnight and traveling with two German Shepherd pups that I was delivering to clients. I wanted an affordable place for the short stay that was pet friendly and had a free airport shuttle. This place fit the bill. After some of the previous reviews I decided to pack my own linens and pillow; unnecessarily.
When I called from the airport for the shuttle I was politely told that the shuttle driver (who I later found out doubled as security guard) was out sick and to summon a cab and they would pay the driver. We (pups and I) conveniently boarded the first cab I saw and they were true to their word. Upon check-in the desk clerk mentioned that since I must be tired she had already filled out my check-in form and all I had to do was sign it. Although hotel policy states they accept one well-behaved pet I was traveling with two young pups which I wheeled through the lobby in their crate unnoticed . I didn't inspect microscopically or anything but didn't see any filth or grime as mentioned in previous reviews. My room of ample size and was clean and comfortable.
To their discredit I was informed at check-in that since the hotel was under renovation the water would be shut off from 9 that morning until 5. This meant in order to shower I would only be able to sleep about 6 hours. Had I known that beforehand I wouldn't have stayed there.
I took their shuttle back to the airport to rent a car around noon. The driver was most professional and polite as was everyone I encountered who worked there except one. The daytime desk clerk/manager was indifferent in service: not really bad or good. She seemed ready for a career change. When I asked her about the free continental breakfast that was mentioned on the confirmation page of my booking she kind of coldly informed me that they no longer offer any sort of breakfast. No apology or concern. There was an automated coffee machine featuring a few different type of coffee drinks.
All in all this place was okay for the less than 12 hours I was there. To me it was not nearly as bad as I had feared.
There was a letter in the room announcing that the entire hotel was under 6 months of renovation. Those of you who stay there after it's complete please remember those of us who suffered without hot water for you. :)

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank Bauernhoffen
Reviewed March 26, 2008

This hotel is under renovation, however it's no excuse for lack of cleanliness or professionalism.

Upon entering the hotel for the evening; encountered a local 'working girl' complaining to front desk about how they had wrecked her 'night.'

Do not expect more than 2 small towels for 2 people.

** WARNING ** Do Not expect to receive a receipt of your stay or payment if you book through Expedia. Tried to speak with the Site Manager and told he was a travel. Tried calling the 800 number, and was connected twice with a remote 'work at home' customer service contractor, was on hold for 7 minutes and 51 second the 1st time, and 5 minutes 31 seconds the 2nd time. It's 3 days later and still no response.

The bed was terrible, we rolled to the center.
The parking lot was dark and uncomfortable.
Wish I had brought my shower shoes -- not the cleanest place.

Spend a little more $$$ for good customer service, cleanliness and safety.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed February 22, 2008

i fly and stay at hotels a lot...this has got to be on my top 5 worst! the staff was rude, the elevator was broke, the room was disgusting and the ambiance was...well, ghetto. there were drug deals going on in daylight and ladies soliciting beside them. the place is rundown and needs a good cleaning. stay away and spend your dollar a bit further away from the airport.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank traveling_pm
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Hookers passed out in the hall, bathrooms that flooded, topped off by the SWAT team bursting in down the hall at 2 am.

This hotel was so dangerous that we complained about the drunk We didn't even have our luggage out of the rental car before two guys got in a screaming fight and ran right past us. It got better a few hours later when a hooker passed out in the hall in front of the room next door and our sleep was interrupted when the SeatTac SWAT team arrived after a dispute between a lady of the evening and a hotel guest that involved a weapon.

Our daughters room flooded, but the front desk staff couldn't come upstairs as the clerk wasn't allowed to leave the desk. To top it off they failed to give us a ride to the airport at scheduled and we had to call a cab at the last minute.

This is a DANGEROUS place to stay and there is a reason it is cheaper then the other hotels on the same street.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family