“Good price and close to airport”

Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We have stayed here in the past and the rooms have been updated since our first stay. Rooms are basic but clean. We were able to snag the last parking spot in the lot for our park and fly package, otherwise we would have had to park offsite for the night. Shuttle was timely, but busy and full. It is a very quick trip to the airport from the hotel though. We have stayed in other hotels for park and fly but have paid more.

1  Thank Theresa W
Sung P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel and staff. The staff here are very good with their job and they will be encouraged by your feedback. Having a free shuttle service that goes every 20 minutes to the airport makes it convenient for our guests. As for the park and fly package, we have a 7, 10 and 14 day package and we always keep it in a competitive rate.Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Red Roof Inn is located near SeaTac Airport (Free Shuttle) so about a 40 Minute train ride into Seattle City.
The Rooms are very clean, beds are queen size and very comfortable. Room are really large so plenty of room for families and friends. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but they have plenty of take out menus so you can order to your room. There is a service station really close if you need refreshments.
We stayed close to the airport as we were on a budget, we were not sure if the long train ride was going to be a drag so we didn't make any plans to travel into Seattle but when we arrived the train station was only a 6/7min walk. The train went quickly and we spend all our time site-seeing around Seattle.
The hotel has a washer/dryer and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
Overall i would say if you don't mind a train ride this hotel is ideal, its a good pit stop,and a great price, and is very comfortable. The train was high up so it was nice to see the views of Seattle. I would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sung P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Location and price are important when looking for a hotel and we have both. Our prices are reasonable and we are only minutes from the airport and the light rail station. We are updated with the new flat screen TV's in all the rooms. We also have a 1 cup in-room coffee maker that is convenient for those that love to have coffee in the morning without having to come out of your room. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn and had a wonderful time in Seattle. Thank you for sharing and hopefully see you in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I can't even remember how many times I have stayed here, we just keep coming back for the budget friendly room rates, ease of access to the airport and car rental terminal, and it's a quick 15 minute zip to downtown Seattle -- barring rush hour traffic, slowdowns due to accidents, or Mariners/Seahawks games at Safeco Field/CenturyLink Field.

The rooms are clean, the beds are very comfortable (pillow-top over firm mattresses), plenty of hot water for showers, the staff is always very friendly, very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for a wonderful review.We truly appreciate your business with us. The entire staff takes pride in their work and strive to make Red Roof Inn a "very nice" place especially with our recent renovation last year.Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed here twice - one night on our way out, and one night on our return from a 2 week vacation. We did not use their park & fly service.

Check in was efficient the first stay and they did not charge us for parking; we were in the lot fairly early in the evening so we easily found a spot (and it was before spring break). Room was clean and spacious with lots of amenities (safe, hairdryer, ironing board etc.) and was clean and comfortable. Hallways etc. need a facelift as they're pretty dingy and old but the rooms look like they've been updated recently.

Check in on return (during spring break) was a different story as our flight got in after midnight. This time she charged us for parking and not once did she mention the lot might be full - they simply had a sign posted about where to park if it was full. Luckily I had read it while waiting for her to process my credit card, as when I got out to the hotel lot, it was packed.

I had to cross a busy street to the MasterPark lot across the intersection and leave the car there (and was told it was "in for the night" - no in/ out privileges). Then I had to walk back to the hotel in the dark by myself after midnight, in what isn't the best of neighbourhoods. Luckily my family had taken the luggage, otherwise I would have had to drag it myself. Getting the car out the next morning was a disaster - it took 15 minutes just for them to find it. Have had better experience with other park&fly lots in the area so will go with them for the next trip - there's nothing about this hotel that would make me choose it over any other.

Room Tip: walls are thin so ask for an end unit on the top floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you enjoyed your trip out of town. We always strive to provide superior service. We will continue to improve so that our guests will have a great experience when they stay with us. Thank you for sharing and we hope to better serve you and our future guests.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I decided to book this room for an early flight out. It was cheap and I have seen this hotel before on the way to the airport. I did read some not so good reviews, but wanted to see for myself what this hotel was like. After checking in walking to my room down the halls I was wondering what I got myself into. But to my surprise the room was very clean, the bed very comfortable, mini fridge, microwave. I was impressed for the little amount of money I spent this room was great! I have spent twice the price for other hotels that had great reviews. I did leave the window air conditioner on fan mode all night because the noise from the street always keeps me awake at any hotel. I did not hear any other guests in the adjoining rooms. I also stayed on the third floor. No one above me. I would stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor away from the street side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Kim t

We truly appreciate the time that you have taken to share your opinion about our establishment. The housekeepers have done a great job in making sure that the guest rooms are clean and ready. We have been recently renovated and our staffs does whatever they can to preserve the enhancements. We will see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in room 321. We traveled with a small dog. The room was a good size and the beds were comfortable. Our room had a safe, iron & ironing board, hair dryer, clock radio, and in room coffee, none of which we used. It's nice to have these things available it you need them. The hotel itself was quiet, but the street and airport noise was loud from our room when the window was open. I didn't mind the planes taking off and landing but the traffic noise was bothersome. There was plenty of grass to take our dog to do her thing. There was covered and uncovered parking, free wifi, a coffee station near the lobby, as well as a room with tables and chairs to use your laptop, etc. The only things I would have preferred to have are a micro and fridge in the room and maybe an indoor pool. Other than that our stay was great. The price was much cheaper than other hotels in the area and the hotel was much nicer that the usual Motel 6 that accepts pets.

Room Tip: The hotel itself was quiet, but the street and airport noise was loud from our room (321, corner of...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Sung P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for sharing your review about our hotel . Yes,you are right. Pets are always welcome in all Red Roof Inn with no extra charge. As for the microwave and fridge, our superior king size and deluxe two queen rooms have it. Thank you again and we greatly appreciate your business and feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed here twice, once flying from Seattle to Mexico and again on our return. We chose the hotel based on review, proximity to the airport and price for the 14 day park'n'fly.

Check-in was smooth and the hotel was easy to find. We managed to get the last covered parking spot. Only about half of the parking lot is covered.

The hotel has been re-done but it is still obvious it is an old property. However, it was spacious, clean and had comfortable beds. It was also quiet at night.

We flew out early the following morning and used the hotel shuttle (shared with Holiday Inn). It was quick and easy. We phoned for the shuttle to pick us up on our return and it arrived promptly.

There is no breakfast but for us this was not an issue as we left early both mornings.

This area by SeaTac has virtually no restaurants. However, the rapid transit is just down the block and in no time you are in downtown Seattle.

We would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ed S
Sung P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us. Our recently renovated rooms all have new beds and carpets, along with new bedding packages with pillows, sheets, duvets, etc... The renovation has really updated our rooms and lobby. Our park and fly package is a great value. We have a 7, 10 and 14 day package and we always keep it at a competitive rate.Thank you again and we greatly appreciate your business and feedback. We look forward to your next visit.