“Rooms fine, common areas dirty”

Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed December 11, 2013

If I had walked into this hotel to make a reservation, I would have walked right back out again. The lobby is dirty and smells like a mix of stale cigarette smoke and wet dog. It's gross. The hallways are a marginal improvement--new carpeting, I think.

Fortunately, the rooms are considerably better. They've undergone a recent renovation, and everything looks fresh and clean and new. I was perfectly comfortable there--and I'm not much for "budget" hotels, so that's saying something. The Wi-Fi was fast and steady, the shuttle is fast and friendly, and the airport is super close. For a quick night before a flight, it was fine--just minimize the time you spend in the halls and common areas.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Sung P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Along with our renovation, we have also made some improvements such as the speed of our wifi and the addition of having a multi-outlet to charge all the cell phones, tablets, laptops, etc... Having a direct route to the airport and a 24 hour shuttle makes it convenient for our guests. I will be sure to let our housekeeping staff know that you appreciate the cleanliness of the room. The staff are usually good in making sure the common areas are kept clean. As of late, we have been putting de-icer in the walkways due to the cold. Unfortunately, it sticks to everybodys shoe and makes our lobby dirty. We will do our best to maintain it better. Thank you and have a happy holiday.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was in a hurry to get an overnight stay and researched a place with a competitive price but clean. I'm in maui once a year and travel allot for work. I was very skeptical of the claims of convenience and cleanliness, but was really surprised at how clean, and well laid out the room was. There are some awful places to stay on international blvd, but the red roof inn was so great. Its got large rooms that are clean comfortable and are perfect for long stays as well as over night stops. I will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jerryperkins
Sung P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Well thank you for your compliments and words of encouragement. We do appreciate our guests sharing their experience but your "very good job" goes a long way. I am sure that the staff will appreciate your feedback. Our rooms are surprisingly large compare to most hotels that I've stayed in. The management staff inspects rooms on a daily basis to ensure that our rooms are ready for our guests. Having new beds, carpets, flat screen TV, etc... as part of our recent renovation is great but adding service and hard working staff makes this place great. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing to stay with us on your business travels. Have a happy holiday and we look forward to seeing you again next time you’re on business.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had never stayed in a Red Roof before, and decided based on reviews to check it out. I was so happy I did. I finally found a place during travel that I know will be friendly, clean, affordable, and great location. The staff and manager were very friendly upon arrival. My room surpassed my expectation. The room was very clean, newer bedding, comfortable mattress, and big screen tv.
The shuttle was very easy as well and is a very short ride.
Wifi worked great.
My only issue that happened were the people above me were super loud walking back and forth until late. I'm not sure if they were just really loud, or if the floors are thin. I will see if I can get a top floor next time!
I'm going to make this my stay again coming soon and am looking forward to it.
Thank you !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Traci1632
Sung P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

It is wonderful to hear that your first time with the Red Roof Inn was fantastic. First impressions makes a huge difference in the choices that we make therefore, the entire staff strives to provide our guests with top quality service. The recent renovation has really made a positive impression on how our rooms and common areas look. I really love the duvets and lobby tiles. Those are one of my favorite upgrades along with the flat screen TV and many other improvements. We are sorry to hear about the noise from the people above you. I personally prefer the top floor wherever I stay and definitely when you come back and if we have the top floor just ask us and we will do our best to meet your request. Have a wonderful holiday.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I usually don't write reviews, but wanted to compliment the Red Roof Inn for a pleasant stay. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. This isn't a "fancy" hotel, but it is priced well and just what you need for an overnight stay to catch an early flight. Will go again if I ever have the need.

Room Tip: The higher floor rooms facing the airport are fun if you like to see airport action.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Sung P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

For someone who really does not write reviews, we truly thank you for taking the time to share the good experience that you had here. It means that the staff did an awesome job to leave a positive experience whether it is making conversation to make you feel welcome, making sure that your room is clean and well maintained, or making sure that everything in the room is in good working order. With our recent renovation to our rooms, all the staff works hard to make sure that our new beds and carpets are well kept for our guests. We are very close to the airport and you are able to see some sections of it. The best thing about it, you can't hear the planes at all. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and the next time you stay with us we do have balcony rooms in case you want to see the airport from the outside. Have a happy holidays.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Using the Red Roof Inn for an early afternoon flight is so much better then stressing out in traffic, hoping there is no accidents so we can make the airport in time.
Check in is easy, pleasant enough staff. Rooms are large and the bed is comfortable. The room has a mini fridge and microwave.
The shuttle runs fairly often so getting to the airport is easy. It did take about a half hour to get the shuttle back from the airport. No biggie though.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sung P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving and I am glad to hear that our park and fly package suited well for your travel plans. It is always nice to stay at a hotel and leave your car for the during of your travels. It sure beats getting up early and driving to the airport when you can stay with us for a good price and take our shuttle that goes to the airport every 20 minutes. We provide the bare essentials for an overnight stay at a reasonable price with great service from our wonderful staff. Thank you for sharing your positive experience and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future. Happy holidays.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Budget prices for a modest seatac hotel that is comfortable and has had recent upgrades with a comfortable bed, helpful staff, and courtesy van to airport every 20 minutes. Great value. Try the Ginger Palace Asian restaurant for a wonderful bargain priced dinner nearby. Coffee/tea in lobby, but no breakfast. We'll be back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sung P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review and your wonderful compliments about our hotel and staff. The staff here are awesome and they will be encouraged by your positive feedback. Having a shuttle service that goes every 20 minutes to the airport makes it convenient for our guests. The housekeeping and maintenance staff does a good job in making sure that our renovated rooms are kept clean and in good condition. We look forward to your return next time you are in Seattle and have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I visit Seattle frequently due to my daughter attending college there, but the rates for downtown Seattle hotels are simply not within my budget. I appreciate Red Roof Inn's low price tag, easy airport access, plus it is just a few blocks from the rental car terminal. It's also only 1 mile to the light rail station with free shuttle service from the hotel if you do not wish to rent a car. Traffic on I-5 can vary depending on time of day; when traffic is light, it is only 15-20 minutes from the hotel to downtown Seattle, but rush-hour or accidents can turn that into a 40 minute trip.

The staff is very friendly, and several of the desk clerks recognize me as I have stayed here 10-12 times in the last 3 years. I don't spend a lot of time in my hotel, I am basically there to sleep and shower; the recently refurbished rooms are clean and nicely appointed, and the beds are very comfortable -- Firm but not Hard, with plenty of pillows. The shower has good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Free WiFi, a fitness center, and coin laundry are all pluses -- for a moderate price, it fits the bill for my travel needs. I'll be staying there again, in May, while attending my daughter's graduation ceremony.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

I am happy to hear that you have capitalized on our great location and price for the purpose of your travel. Our newly renovated rooms have made a positive experience on our guests with the new fresh and modern look. We greatly appreciate the fact that you took time out of your busy schedule to share your words of encouragement. We look forward to seeing you in May. Congrats to your daughter. Have a happy Thanksgiving holiday.