“Need to be close to the airport?”

Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Well, try the Red Roof if you're flying out of Sea-Tac. They provide a shuttle if you need one, or in my case they are really close to the new rental car return facility and I tend to worry about getting lost, or getting stuck in traffic. Here, that is almost impossible.

This was my 7th night in a hotel/motel in a row, in 3 different states. I was tired and need to get a good nights sleep before an early flight back home. This place provided that, at a reasonable price. The coffee isn't the freshest, but it is free and at 0500 I needed a cup.

I was surprised that a king size room wouldn't have a bath tub, it did but they had fixed so that you couldn't use it as a tub, just a place to stand for your shower. I survived. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, for my purposes it worked out just fine. I've stayed here before, I'll stay here again.

The staff at the desk is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DWG6392
Sung P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

When a guest says that they will stay here again, it is music to my ears. We do provide coffee 24hrs a day but we have gone one step above that by providing coffee makers in all of our rooms for your convenience. There are many things that we have done in our renovation to help make our guests have a great stay. We just finished re-painting and re-sealing our parking lot. We thank you for your business and allowing us the chance to make our hotel better for all of our future guests.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We booked this room after a cruise because we had an early flight the next day. Even though we arrived 5 hours before check-in, they allowed us to check in. Everything was clean and comfortable and obviously convenient to the airport. Dennys was a five minute walk for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

We love to know that our guest are comfortable when they stay with us. Our goal is for our guests to feel comfortable, significant and delighted. Anytime we have rooms available, we want our guests to check in rather than wait for check in time. There are times when rooms are not available but we do have a nice renovated hospitality room with new comfortable chairs that you can wait until we have a room available. To maintain the new renovated look in our lobby, the staff cleans the new tile floor daily. We want our guests to know that we take pride in our work and expect that our guest receives the best from us. Thank you.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Red Roof Inn has all that a traveler's heart could desire ! Courteous and accommodating staff, clean and very comfortable rooms, a 24 hr. courtesy shuttle not only to and from the airport but also a courtesy shuttle to the nearby mall (all at no additional charge) and great a.m. coffee. Add to this the nearby Sound Transit link that takes you into town (a short walk away, cost $5.50 round trip). Then there is more: The Sunshine Beauty Salon with expert hair stylists, right up the street from the transit, across from the salon is a car rental ask for Martin Guzman he is very well informed, a Denny's that really serves up a tasty meal and has friendly servers and even a tourist information center where a young lady named Noelle is extraordinary with her effort to assist you with your travel needs(very near the salon, one block up on 176th). The Red Roof Inn is well placed and very well priced. Go see for yourself, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: ask to see room if in doubt, as I am sure they will let you preview
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback in regards to our clean rooms and hospitable staff. Our renovation has truly impacted our guest's experience in a positive way. The new carpets with designs in the hallways and our red doors have added some flare to our look. Our new coffee counter has given us space to put more coffee out for our guest. After all, we are the coffee city. Thank you for staying and we will strive to always be a great value.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Basic clean hotel, two minutes from airport, 2 minutes from rental car terminal. Free parking, 5 minutes walk to Denny's for great breakfast, nice Chinese less than 5 minutes away. Free shuttle. Gave lots of ideas for activities to do around Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Being so close to the airport is a huge plus. We want our guests to feel as home and get the most for their money. Even though we have recently renovated our rooms and lobby we are always looking for ways for our guests to have a great experience. We have installed new chairs and tables and totally remodeled our hospitality room where guests can sit and relax. We even have a huge flat screen tv that you can watch. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that the next time you stay with us, we woud be more than just an adequate hotel for airport transit.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We booked the Red Roof Inn at the airport, the night before we were boarding a cruise ship. I wish we had stayed in town instead. When we landed at the airport, we had a hard time getting the shuttle. The phone number that we had been given by Cruise.com (who booked the room for us) kept giving us a rapid busy signal. Some other travelers said they could not get through either. When we first called the hotel number to get the shuttle, they told us to call the shuttle number again but on the second call to the hotel they got in touch with the shuttle for us. The hotel was okay, but there was no breakfast and we had to pay to use their computer in the lobby.
We took the light rail into town the evening before our cruise. It was a 5 min. walk from the hotel, but the road was very busy. If I were doing it again, I would stay in town the night before our cruise. We returned to the Red Roof that evening by light rail. The shuttle to the cruise ship picked us up on time and got us to the cruise port .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I hope you had a great time on your cruise. Our newly renovated hotels has greatly improved the look and feel of our rooms with the new bed and duvets. The lobby looks great with the new tile flooring. As part of the renovation we also have a business center for our guests to use. It does cost money to use the internet to check emails and surf the web, but it is free to print out boarding passes. The light rail has been a huge benefit to all travellers that are looking to stay close to the airport but go downtown without having to rent a car. Thank you and please visit us again next time you are in Seattle.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Only because of the favorable reviews at TripAdvisor and Agoda did I risk an overnight here following a long transpacific haul from Thailand to Seattle via Seoul. Frankly, I wasn't expecting much more than a reasonably clean room and a moderately comfortable bed. In fact, what I got was a spacious accommodation with all the amenities previous reviewers have described. The heater/air conditioner was the quietest window unit I have ever encountered in a motel. I am a light sleeper, but during the night I never heard a sound--either from next door or in the heavily carpeted corridor outside.

I mention one caveat. A nearby Holiday Inn provides shuttle service for the Red Roof as well--something not well advertised. Accordingly, if you are looking for a Red Roof van, you might very well miss your ride! It wouldn't occur to most travelers that two different hotels would double up on the transportation. Worse, at the shuttle station is a bank of phones enabling a traveler to call for pick-up. The Red Roof line never responded to my several calls, and their voice mailbox was full. No way to leave a message...

Upon checking in at the Red Roof, I voiced a complaint to the desk clerk. He explained that the number I tried to reach at the airport went directly to the Holiday Inn's driver rather than to the front desk of the Red Roof. Apparently the Holiday Inn's driver preferred not to answer calls for the Red Roof and hadn't bothered to attend/clear his voice mailbox. Whatever the circumstances, a weary traveler finds himself stranded in a multi-level parking garage with no way to get in touch with a hotel that uses somewhat disguised transport. Moreover, if he is arriving from abroad, he probably carries a mobile phone that doesn't work in the U.S. This level of miscommunication is disconcerting if not upsetting--and needs command attention...

One more comment. I arrived in this country with a letter that needed to be posted. Incredibly (to a foreigner, anyway), there is no post office in the SEATAC airport. When I asked at the Red Roof whether the hotel could sell me a stamp, the lady on duty asked me to wait while she searched her desk for postage. Finding a stamp, she refused to accept payment! Now, THAT is customer service!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MGBIndonesia

I just recently flew overseas and it was long. When I arrived to my destination I was very tired so I know how you feel. A bed and a good night's rest is the best medicine for jet lag and I am happy to hear that our hotel provided that for you. Our hotel has been recently renovated with new beds which has been comfortable for many of our guests. I am sorry about shuttle service situation and we will find a way to make it smooth and easy for everyone. I will be sure to thank the front desk representative for her great customer service. The staff here are great. Once again, thank you for staying with us and also sharing your experience as others review has helped you in making your decision to stay with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here one night before we caught our flight to Vegas. Seattle is an expensive place to stay and we saw that the Red Roof had recently been remodeled. We decided to book there and I am glad we did. The room was huge, clean and comfortable with free wifi and lots of choices of TV channels. They also provide a free shuttle bus to the local shopping mall which was great as there isnt a great deal to see and do around the hotel however there is a Denny's and a petrol station to get snacks. I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again and the only reason I didn't give it 5 out of 5 was because we caught the tram from Seattle town to the airport. When we arrived at the airport we had to get the paid bus up the the hotel as we didn't see any Red Roof inn buses like other hotels had to take their guests to their accommodation. I think that other companies such as the Holiday Inn would of taken you to the hotel but I think they should make this more clear once you have booked your accommodation. Overall great stay and would recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sung P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for giving us a try. That is true that we just have been remodeled. We have new carpets and a new bed package in the rooms and a newly designed lobby. In regards to our airport shuttle, we do share with the Holiday Inn and it has a Red Roof Inn sticker in front of the shuttle. It also runs 24 hours.

Thank you again and we greatly appreciate your business and feedback.

Ryan Wijangco