“Absolutely is in my plans again.”

Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked this hotel on location and price. The agent at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The check-in process was quick without a lot of minutia that I didn't need to hear. When I got to the room I was MORE than surprised at the condition. The flat panel TV was great and the soft goods have been updated recently as the bed spread, blanket, sheets and pillows were all in top-notch condition. The contemporary lighting was a nice change of pace. The only suggestion for improvement in the room is to arrange for some outlets by the nightstands. There wasn't a place to plug in my phone to charge that I could easily access it from the bedside. That by no means was a showstopper. I had a small problem on Saturday morning when I went to open my safe, there was a malfunction. The manager came up and tried to open it. It became obvious it wouldn't be a quick fix without destroying the safe. The manager went above and beyond and called a car service to take me to an appointment I had out in Everett (my keys were locked in the safe with my laptop). But in the end, the manager got me to my appointment on time and when I returned the safe had been opened and my items retrieved for me. This is truly the difference between a property that is looking to make a loyal customer. I can tell you this- Red Roof at SeaTac has my business on all my future trips. So, take a chance and go experience this easy to get to location (assuming SeaTac is in your plans) for yourself.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

We would like all of our guests to have a great experience when they come to stay with us. Our location is prime, it takes only minutes to get to the airport. Our prices are reasonable and affordable. Getting rid of the tube tv and putting in the flat screens was a huge plus and many of our guest like yourself have enjoyed it. We are planning to make some more improvements this year for our guests to enjoy. I will look into the outlet concern and see if there is anything we can do. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. It always brings a smile on my face when I hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay and they most definitely stay with us again. It is an encouragement to the staff as they also read reviews with positive feedbacks. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

After spending a night in higher priced, though inferior hotel the previous night, I was pleasantly surprised at the value and comfort of Red Roof Inn. My room was very comfortable. It had a large screen TV, a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, and a safe in which to store valuables.

Others have mentioned that the hotel is in a bad neighborhood -- I don't have the crime statistics at the tip of my fingers but I can tell you that I felt safe, even safe enough to walk to a nearby restaurant after dark.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Celtkin
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Any time you can save money is always a great feeling. We may not be a 5 star hotel but our staff works as if they were providing service for their family and friends. We have all the bare essentials for a good night stay. We have in-room coffee makers for those that just got out of bed and need coffee immediately rather than getting dressed and walking down to the lobby. We also have irons and hair dryers so you can have more space for other items in your luggage when travelling. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

If you just need a place to sleep and shower it's great. Want to relax and
watch some TV no. TVs are small, chairs are ugh. Colors are awful. Rooms are cold when you arrive. Parking is covered mostly but in bad kinda neighborhood. Was worried about my car.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for staying with us and we hope your 2013 has started off great. It's always good to hear that our guests had a good night's sleep and shower. All of our Superior King bed rooms have 37" flat screen TV's and our standard 2 Queen beds have 32" flat screen TV’s. Our parking lot well lit and the gas station next to us helps light up our parking lot as well. We have various types of park and fly packages that people have confidently left their vehicles and enjoyed their vacation or trip out of town. We appreciate you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the SEA-TAC Red Roof Inn for a long, overnight layover. It was a convenient and comfortable place to stay with a free shuttle to the airport 24/7. The room was large and the beds comfortable. The bathroom was small but serviceable. The sink is separated from the toilet/bathtub to allow for simultaneous use of the facilities. There is a flat screen TV. Wi-Fi is available for free and this was much appreciated.

We arrived just before midnight which is why the staff at reception was rather perfunctory; at least she was efficient. The decor is drab and basic but on par with what was expected for the price. The room was freezing and it took awhile to warm up. Breakfast is not included, although brewed coffee is offered in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Happy new year!! I am so glad that we were able to accommodate your needs during your long overnight layover. Having the sink and toilet in separate quarters does make it convenient. The decor is a bit drab and we do plan on making some changes this year to improve the quality of our services. We are excited and looking forward to some of the changes that will take place. Thank you for staying with us and have a great 2013.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a basic hotel but it is kept well and the staff was excellent. The two rooms we had were both very clean, modern, and comfortable. Even though both rooms were in the rear elevator lobby area, no one in our group noticed any noise. The airport shuttle service was excellent. When it was running a few minutes behind the staff member working the front desk (at 3:20am!) actually called the shuttle to make sure it was coming for us. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends needing a clean, but no frills, hotel by the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Happy new year!! Glad to hear both rooms were up to your expectations. I am also glad to hear that the front desk was proactive and called to see the status of the shuttle. The staff are great, they are here to make your stay wonderful and that's what it looks like they did. We are glad to hear that you will stay with us again and recommend us. Have a great 2013.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My room was large, comfortable and very clean. Free WiFi, Micro/fridge in room, coffee, hairdryer and bath supplies help keep my packing to a minimum, YEA! Beds were OK but I'm used to a pillow top. Staff was friendly and shuttle was great. I used it to get to airport to take another shuttle to get a rental car (a very short trip) and again to get back to hotel when I returned the rental. Walked to Denneys for breakfast as was close as is the Light Rail into downtown to connect to both the seattle bus system and Amtrak. I do sort of wished for more than coffee and tea in Lobby. They seem to have room for a few continental breakfast items and the parking fee is a bummer but they made sure I didn't get charged for more days than I did park overnight or the safe fee. I dropped my travel plans in the lobby and when I returned they had them as soon as walked in the door (they tried to call the shuttle driver but I had already got off, it's a short trip). If I need to stay overnight at this airport again I will certainly stay here. I'm a bargin shopper and a no frills traveler but want clean, comfortable and safe. This hotel was close to top of my list of places I've stayed. A small bite with morning coffee/tea would have made this to the very top.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Great! It is awesome to hear that we are one of the top places on your list that you've stayed. We prefer to be best above anyone else but it doesn't just happen that easily. But, when we have staff members that are willing to go the extra mile like they did with your travel plans sure helps us get closer to the top. We are all about providing excellent service to our guests. We also plan on making some improvements in 2013 that our guests will enjoy so we look forward to having you as our guest again. Have a wonderful new year.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Like the others have said, basic inexpensive hotel/motel to overnight in for airport travel. Free shuttle convenient but we didn't use this time. Reno was about 3 years previously and rooms are still clean and basic. Some mtce cud be done on rear elevator. Found the rooms very noisey. Seems like every bit of sound from the hallways, outside, etc. but for a quick overnight stay it is ok. Friendly staff. Few restaurants nearby. Tried the Ginger Palace next door at the Ramada .... good food!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us during the holiday seasons and sharing your experience with us. Our location to the airport along with our free shuttle has been convenient for our guests who have stayed with us. There are some restaurants that are nearby the hotel within minutes of walking but if you walk a little further there more. A lot of our guests have enjoyed Ginger Palace. They stay with us because our prices are reasonable and they go out have a great meal. For a good night's rest and a quick stay, I am glad that we were able to accommodate you. Thank you again and have a happy new year.