“Basic Budget Hotel for Overnight”

Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This hotel has been upgraded somewhat, it has been a few years since I stayed here, and they have done some renovations to the rooms. Comfortable bed, small pillows, flat screen TV, limited channels, clean bathroom, no amenities except some shampoo. Free wifi is also offerred. They have no business center and no complimentary computer, they can hook your laptop up to their printer if you want to print out boarding passes. They offer complimentary airport shuttle, and are just minutes away from the airport. Staff is friendly and helpful. There is a bus stop right outside the door if you wish to connect to the Light Rail to Seattle. Not much in the way of restaurants in the area, if you are on a budget then I guess the Denny's about a block away will do in a pinch, other wise about a 15 minute walk will take you to the 13Coins, expensive and decent food.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor otherwise you are going to hear people above you walking around, thin carpet i...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. This property did go through renovation in the past and we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our services. There are many projects lined up for our maintenance to improve our interior and exterior. I am sorry that our business center was not available during your stay. We are in the process of getting a new computer to replace the one that went bad. We don't have all the bells and whistles but, what we do have is a good affordable price, great awesome staff that makes you feel at home or even in a 5 star hotel and your bare essentials such as irons, hair dryers, flat screen TV, clean room and a bed to lay your head down to get a good night's sleep. Once again, thank you for staying with us and have a happy rest of 2012.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I always stay here when I visit Seattle....the staff (primarily Tanea and Beatriz who I usually deal with) are very helpful and informative when it comes to local attractions. The place is so close to the airport and its right next to the train into the city which is my favorite part about it! It's close to many great dining experiences and a huge mall. I can't stress enough though how helpful the staff is. I went to the local mall and bought a bunch of new clothes because there were so many more stores than I have where I live in Vermont and Tanea helped me out by giving me a piece of luggage to take home with me! Who does that!? Anyway....there's no breakfast or anything but if you're like me you'd rather go get breakfast so where other than a hotel. There is however plenty of free coffee and that's huge for me!!! All in all....I've been to Seattle a handful of times and I always stay here. It's affordable and close to the train into the city which is a very short ride and best of all, the staff is A+ and that's the most important thing to me. Customer service.

Stayed: July 2012

Great job Tanea and Beatriz. Keep up the great work. The staff here does provide excellent customer service and I am grateful to have them. I know you guys are reading this so I want to thank you everyone for your hard work. Our location does make it convenient for our guests. There's the light rail, bus stop, restaurants, the mall and many other places. Thank you for being a devoted guest at our establishment. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again. Have a great rest of 2012.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I recently visited the Red Roof Inn in Seattle. I can't say enough wonderful things about the pleasant experience I had there. I would especially like to commend a couple of very kind young ladies. Brianna provided the best customer service I'd ever enjoyed. Her smile and bubbly personality made me feel so welcome. Even when she was busy, she took the time to acknowledge me and assure me that she'd be right with me. Christine was also great. She took the time to direct me to great places to eat and she was always kind. The hotel was great. The room was very clean, comfortable, and spacious. The location was perfect. I had an amazing stay and it' my pleasure to recommend this hotel to everyone I know! A+++ Will definitely stay here again whenever I come back in town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

The staff here are amazing. Kudos to Brianna and Christine. I thank you and the guests thank you for your wonderful service. Kudos to the rest of the staff because they are great as well. We work as a team and the front desk, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance staff are the backbone of our operation and service. I am grateful for all of them for making your experience with us a great one. We have a great location, right on the main intersection to the airport and to any restaurants in the area. Our bells and whistles are our staff. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your feedback as it will be an encouragement to our staff. Have a wonderful holiday and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I live in the Seattle suburbs and would normally not stay at a SeaTac hotel, but an ice storm was forecast for the night before I had an early morning flight. So I went to the airport the night before and stayed at the Red Roof because it was near the airport, with shuttle service to the airport, and the cost was low. It is no frills, but was what I needed. Room was clean and adequate. Wall mounted heater/AC unit which was a bit noisy but typical for this style of hotel. Front desk and shuttle service was good. Price was low. Several restaurants nearby. Only complaint is that they allow pets and someone down the hall had a dog that barked and barked. Very annoying.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

I hope you had a wonderful flight. Thank you for staying with us. It is always a good idea to plan ahead to ensure you don't miss your flight due to weather. I will be sure to let the front desk staff know that you were happy with their service during your stay. The heater in our rooms should not be that noisy in the room. I will have our maintenance person check the rooms to see if any heaters are going bad. One of the benefits of our hotel is that we are pet friendly. It brings peace and comfort to their minds while travelling because they can bring their well-behaved pet along with them. I am sorry to hear that there was a dog barking continuously. I understand that it can be annoying and we will do our best to remind our guests of our pet policy. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we wish you a happy holiday.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I arrived very late in the early morning hours from a day of delayed flights. This hotel is confident to the airport and very economical. No frills but a very nice and accommodating staff. I do recommend this hotel for its location.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve S
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Our prices are reasonable and very economical. We may not have all the frills but our staff makes up for whatever we are lacking. We do provide all the necessary amenities such as hair dryer, in-room coffee makers, iron, ironing boards, free shuttle service to the airport, free wi-fi and many more. Unfortunately, we do not have a restaurant but there are a lot of restaurants within 1 mile from us. If the drivers are not too busy going back and forth to the airport they can drop you off at a nearby restaurant. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your recommendation. Have a happy holidays.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I arrived at the airport and called for the shuttle. The driver was prompt and courteous. When I arrived at the hotel I was impressed by the festive decorations, but more impressed by the young lady, Brianna, with the million dollar smile whom checked me in. She was friendly, offered many tidbits about food in the area and the best way to get around. She was professional while maling me feel as if I were hanging out with a freind instead of the mundane task of checking into a hotel. The room was clean, Halls are brightly lit. Vending area is disappointing as it only takes credit cards and the only other option was a gas station next door that was excessively overpriced. But, I was glad to go because I got to enjoy more of Brianna's friendly chatter and infectious laugh.

Room Tip: Love Balcony Access
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Great job Brianna. I am very proud of all the staffs here because they really enjoy their job and care for our guests. I am very, very, very happy to hear that her smile and service made an impact during your stay. The staff here does more than give you a paper to sign and take your money. They like to conversate and make people feel at home. The gas station next door may be a little bit more expensive but it does have more to offer and don't forget, you get to see that million dollar smile. Smiles are great, they brighten up your day. Once again, thank you for staying with us and have a happy holidays.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is in a very convenient location, not only close to airport but also to the light link train. This train is easy, close and inexpensive to get to downtown Seattle. The hotel was very clean, and the staff was exceptionally helpful and nice. I got off the train and rode the hotel shuttle over to the hotel. I left my headset on the shuttle accidentally, the front desk could have very easily called my room and told me it was there and to come and get it. But they did not, they actually brought it up to my room. I will stay here the next time I go to Seattle. Great place, great price, great people!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

The light rail is awesome. So many people have used it to go downtown to pike place market, shopping or to stadium to watch the football games. Good to hear that our location was very convenient for you during your visit to Seattle. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with us. I will be sure to let Beatriz (front desk staff) know that you were pleased with her service in regards to the headset. She may have already read the review but I will let her know and thank her for her hospitality. Whenever the staff has the opportunity, they love to make our guests happy. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing again in the future.