“Not bad, decent for a one night stay”

Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Had an early flight from SeaTac. Got a good rate. Not the best neighborhood, but a decent clean place. Front desk was very friendly. No breakfast, only coffee, but that's ok.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for choosing us as your choice of stay for your early flight. I am glad to hear that your stay was decent and satisfactory. Currently we have flat screen tv's in all of our rooms, along with in-room coffee makers, we also have an exercise room and 24 hour coffee and tea in the lobby. We are always thinking of ways to improve our quality of service.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I was traveling with a group that booked several rooms in this hotel so I'm not sure on what price we paid for the rooms (sign outside was advertising $69.00/room). You get what you pay for here - the rooms were decent (if a little large for what was in them - lots of space for luggage or even another bed) and clean. I noticed a few narrow places where it looked like they couldn't get the vacuum in very well but the bathroom was great and the sheets and bedding were clean. Service was excellent and the front desk got us settled very quickly and even offered to provide us with shuttle service to a restaurant if we needed it (we decided to walk).

I slept fairly well (although others in our group did not). The bed was "firm" and had the feel of being a solid budget mattress (no pillow top here but not sagging either). The pillows were OK - I like flatter pillows and these were pretty puffy but not super firm so they flattened out nicely. My only complaint would be the sheets and blankets - the sheets seemed pretty thin and had a worn feel to them, the blankets were obviously fairly low quality polyester. But for the price wasn't expecting more - for an overnight budget trip or a night before a flight they were fine. Room was cold when we arrived (heat not on) but warmed up pretty quick. No problem with noise from other rooms or flights.

Bathroom looked like it had had a basic Bathfitter's reno with a few extra touches. My only complaint was the complimentary soap and shampoo - really didn't smell too good, kind of a Dollar Store feel and smell to it. Make sure to bring your own!

Wireless was excellent - had no problem connecting with my MacBook. Great signal and good bandwidth. Other facilities like the business lounge (?) and the fitness room were pretty basic. Don't book this hotel solely for the fitness room as you'll be very disappointed : ). Coffee only in the morning, no continental breakfast.

Several restaurants nearby within walking distance. We ate breakfast at the Denny's a couple of blocks down and had dinner at pub further down.

Overall this was good value for the money - basic overnighter hotel. If I was flying out of Seatac and needed a place to crash I'd probably book again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tripjimbc
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Thank you for sharing your photos of our rooms with the new flat screen TV's. The housekeeerps does a good job in making sure the overall room is clean for our guest. We do have a lot of space in our rooms so if you're going skiing or snowboarding there's plenty of space to put them aside. I am glad to hear that our wi-fi meet your needs. We spent some time and money to get our speed where it needs to be for our guest's. Once again, thank you for your business and your feedback. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Horrible stay! Only got 3 hours of sleep because you can hear every step someone makes above you. Stains all over the sheets. There was a black hair on top of our blanket. Very hard beds. I had to sleep on top of the lumpy pillows that were provided. Was not very clean at all. There was even a hair stuck on the bathroom door. I went to take a shower and they didn't even have conditioner, just shampoo. I called the front desk to see if they had any conditioner and they didn't, and when we needed more shampoo, they couldn't even bring it to our room. We had to go down and get it ourselves! Way over priced for a crappy stay. WAS NOT IMPRESSED at all. I would not advise staying here. The outside is a lot nicer looking than the inside. Don't let them fool you!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. Unfortunately, at the moment we only carry shampoo. Having conditioner would be nice. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. They have brought up items to the guest rooms but are at times are unable to because of the high volume of guests in the lobby and phone calls. Our housekeeping staff are very good in cleaning the rooms and we inspect rooms on a daily basis. I am sorry to hear that the room was not cleaned to your expectation. Management will continue to inspect rooms to ensure that every room is ready for our guests. We thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I arranged for my adult age daughter to stay here after a very late flight arrival from Alaska. Even after several changes needed to be made due to a missed flight - the staff at this hotel were very accomodating and when she finally arrived, the shuttle picked her up promptly and she settled in quickly and comfortably. I asked for a recomendation for limo service on the day of departure to transport my daughter to her final destination and "Seattle Metro" - (Rick) was the hotels' choice. This proved to be a "God Send" as Rick personally stayed in touch with me during the several day process of my daughters' arrival to Seattle and her ultimate departure. Rick actually called me when she did not initially arrive, (even before my daughter called) which allowed me more time to assist in re-booking her flight. Rick assisted my daughter with her luggage and called me again once she had arrived at her destination, to assure me she had arrived safely. The staff at the hotel were fabulous as well - Sean specifically at the front desk remained patient and processed my numerous telephone calls to the hotel, with friendly and efficient service. Thank you to all the folks at this hotel and to Rick with Seattle Metro Transportation Services for your assistance. Although I have not mentioned this, my daughter was very ill and was to be admitted to a nearby hospital, making this ordeal so very stressful on our family ( we live thousands of miles away ) Your caring and efficient customer service, made this situation so very much easier. THANK YOU !

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Brenda G

I am glad to hear that we were able to help out in every way possible. We do more than just give guest's a roof over their head; we do our best to provide superior service. I also informed Rick on how grateful you are to him. Positive feedbacks are always appreciated and helps lifts one's countenance. I hope your daughter is doing well. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you when your on a vacation trip.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I called way ahead of time to make arrangements for my sleep, park and fly. I called them as I saw a review that they didn't have their reservation with an online reserve. So I made a reservation for the night before our flight and night we get in, as I didn't want to drive 3 hrs at 11 PM at night. Well when I got there they didn't have me reserved for a sleep, park, fly. they were going to charge me for the room twice if I wanted it. I felt they should have just added the cost of the SPF, but no. I went next door to Master to park my car. cost me more. The room was just adequate is all I can say. Walked in and immediately started to sneeze and my nose started to run. The sink didn't have a plug and it was partially plugged. The toilet was also sluggish. Another guest had booked a non smoking room and was given a smoking room. I will never stay in this place ever again. The only positive thing I can say is the price but there again I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: find another place to stay
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience. One of the perks that our hotel has is the park and fly package where you can stay a night and leave your vehicle here for a certain amount of days. Prices vary depending on which package you select. I am not sure as to why your reservation did not have the package included. These packages are primarily reserved at the inn itself or on our redroof.com website. If you have any concerns about your room, please inform the front desk. They are more than happy to address your concerns and make it right, either by moving you to another room or having someone come and fix it. We want all of our guest's to have a good experience during their stay not after. Therefore, it is important to let us know right away so we can make it happen. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We stay here when we are overnighting enroute to more exotic locations. Great value, clean and large rooms, free coffee, free parking, literally 5 minutes from the parking lot to the rental car return lot! Nice staff, always helpful and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Just tell them how many are in your party and they will accomodate as best they can
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Yes we are a good value for what we provide to our guest. Not only do we have large, clean rooms but we have also upgraded our free wi-fi speed. It is so much faster than before. We thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you as our guest next time you go to other exotic places.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I had a really good experience at this motel. The staff was very friendly. The room was really big and clean. I would definitely would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
redroof304, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your business and we are excited to read that you had a very nice stay. When I first worked at this property I was amazed how big the rooms were compared to other hotels. It is spacious and the housekeepers work hard to keep these rooms clean and ready for all our guests. Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again in the futre.