“Clean, adequate, no frills hotel.”

Coast Gateway Hotel
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
“Clean, adequate, no frills hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights on our family vacation. The hotel was clean and we had no issues, however nothing really stood out. There is nothing spectacular about this hotel. The rooms, amenities, etc are adequate, but just average. We received a good rate so I'm not complaining. I will say that our room was quiet and there was no noise from the airport. We did have a small problem when booking. We booked through a 3rd party site and even though it was specified that we were traveling with 2 adults and 2 children, we found out later that we were booked for a single queen room. Fortunately we called ahead to confirm and were able to change it to a room with 2 doubles. I would have preferred queens and if traveling here again would look for something closer to Seattle with 2 queen beds. However if needing something close to the airport this would fit the bill.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This review is a couple of months old.... but really wanted to share this experience. My husband and I stay here every time we fly in/out of SeaTac. The beds are always comfortable, clean, staff is always friendly and the best part.... we never he the airport traffic. I also found myself a little more jetlagged than normal, the front desk was more than willing to give me a little extra time so I could catch up on sleep. The breakfast downstairs is a little more than just your standard continental which is nice. You can get breakfast down the street at the local Denny's if you want something a little more filling (they are always friendly and clean too). Shuttle is always on time and with a smile too. Even late at night. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Superior, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a layover due to the Airlines choice, so they footed the bill for a room. This place was ultra close to SeaTac Airport, and it's also very close to a good restaurant! Win-win - except for our room. While it was clean, it had more noise than I've ever experienced in my hotel history. Whenever water ran in a nearby room, we heard it, and it seemed to be happening most of the night. The pillows were overly large so that my neck ached, and of course, the noise kept us from sleeping. By morning, we were happy to check out and get on with our day.
A free breakfast was offered, but was mostly toast, hardboiled eggs, waffles, and cereal. Not much for this girl; but it was free, and many folks seemed to enjoy it.
Proximity to the airport & restaurant, as well as a pleasant staff and good shuttle made me appreciate this place; however, it's seen better days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrontierTraveler
coastgateway, Manager at Coast Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We are so pleased you were able to stay with us while waiting for your layover. Thank you for compliments about our pleasant staff, service if our top priority. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to sharing your suggestions with the rest of our team!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Coast Gateway ticked all the boxes for an airport hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, my room was clean and comfortable, the free wifi worked well, and the shuttle driver took me to the airport quickly and safely. If you need a hotel near SeaTac for an early morning flight or a late night arrival, I would recommend the Coast Gateway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

...it took the shuttle two passes before we managed to get a ride and that was just the beginning of our disappointment...the rooms are small, the bathroom was worn out, the tv was way off center from the bed, the internet a complete waste of time as you could almost watch the digits assembling as they slogged they way onto your monitor...find another hotel...like the Hilton just across the street from the airport...or for a splurge, luxuriate in the wonderful Cedarbrook Lodge (206) 901-9268...I have stayed at the majority of the Seatac hotels over the decades and this is the most uncomfortable...

Room Tip: ...avoid this old place...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Surfbarrels
Beaumont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We arrived around 8:00 pm just to stay one night , and leave for a cruise the next morning. Their complimentary shuttle was waiting at the airport right when we arrived! Great friendly service from their driver! Then we were checked in by the front desk clerk also so friendly and helpful! She recommended the restaurant next to the hotel. Sharps Roaster and Ale House was so good! Great service and BBQ food!
I would definitely recommend this hotel for convenience, friendly staff, comfortable bed, nice room and great shuttle service!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a liqueur store, there is a good one close by the hotel next to the Wally Par...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy D
coastgateway, Manager at Coast Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate all of your feedback. We are happy you were pleased with our accommodations and central location! Thank you again for the kind words.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Close to the airport and, although advertised as 3 star I would say 3.5. Only downside is the breakfast. Waffle maker, 2 sorts of cereal and muffins. I would walk 5 mins down the road (right) to Dennys. this Dennys is better then the one that is 1 mile left. You can always walk 5 mins further to Daves's Diner for that authentic American experience. I wwould not go here for dinner though. Friendly but too much like average home cooking. I had a aroom at the back fo the hotel looking onto gate A14 and did not have any problems with noise. Car park can be a bit tight but turn right as soon as you turn into the hotel and there are spaces by the front entrance which are always free. I got a great price and would stay here again.

Room Tip: high floor rear of the hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business