“Friendly and Prompt Pickup At 1:30 Am!”

Coast Gateway Hotel
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had a one night stay, homemade waffles, and boiled eggs are among their continental breakfast fare. It's included, clean comfy beds. Best part of all was they picked us up from airport right away at 1:30 am and its all inclusive. Very clean and also nice staff at a great price. I would recommend to any weary traveler. You will not be disappointed

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bapmiami

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I booked this hotel on Hotwire and was happy with both the price and the hotel.
I stayed here to attend a Mariners game at Safeco Field, and took the light rail to and from the game. The walk to and from the light rail is nine blocks...about 10 minutes. if you want to be close to the light rail, you might want to stay a little further north.
Parking is free here, a less than common perk for the hotels in SeaTac. While I was was checking in I asked the clerk if my friend could park his car there while we went to the game...no problem, as long as the car was not there overnight.
I had a queen room, which was a bit on the small side. Desk, closet, mini-fridge, microwave, and easy chair. Flat screen (32") mounted on the wall above the desk. The bathroom had a shower/tub combo which was enclosed with a glass door. Free WiFi as well, a bit slow but adequate. The bed was OK, and I slept well.
Next to the hotel is Sharp's Roaster...go there for some microbrews and 50 cent wings/tacos/sliders from 11 PM to midnight! There are a few other restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel.
The free breakfast is the standard yogurt/bagels/bread/fruit/cereal...nothing special.
Overall the Coast Gateway is a decent hotel...but don't expect anything special. Great for an overnight stay at SeaTac.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed here many times. We always drive to Sea-Tac the night before early morning flights. This hotel has the best deal on Park and Fly rates. In the morning you just buzz down to Master Park lot C where they valet park your car and shuttle you over to close-by Sea-Tac airport. The staff is always friendly and welcoming. Be sure and purchase the dinner coupon for Sharp's Restaurant next door when you make your reservation. $15 will buy you a $30 dinner discount.
The breakfast buffet is included and it's a good place to grab a little something before you head to the airport. This is not a posh resort hotel but it's great for soon to be travelers. Free Wi-Fi, small frig and microwave in the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Got this hotel on Priceline, requested a 3.5 star hotel. Have stayed in many 3.5 star hotels in the area but non this bad. Receptionist was indifferent, rooms very small, beds were not comfortable, requested two beds but got a tiny double for two adults, bathroom was small and as plain as could be. Don't know how they would rate this a 3.5 star hotel, equal to the Hilton, Marriott, Double Tree or Radisson, all of which I have stayed in. No comparison. I would rate it a 2.5 star hotel only because of it's free breakfast. Who rates the hotels for Priceline?

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
coastgateway, Manager at Coast Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are disappointed to read your comments and hope you were comfortable during your time at our hotel. We appreciate your review and look forward to sharing it with our staff.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here as mid-trip home. Shuttle picked us up at the airport quickly (every 5-10min). Hotel is right beside airport -- you could walk if you didn't also have a 2 year old and 5 month old with you :)

Perfect for amenities, Starbucks coffee in room (they have creamer down at breakfast if you don't like the dry stuff), continental breakfast works.

Friendly staff and super helpful to have the shuttle all the time.

Room Tip: If your kids like planes - ask to face the airport :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Coast Gateway Hotel. We are very pleased you found our location and service convenient and friendly. We cannot wait to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

It seems like most guests at this hotel are there due to airline delays/cancellations, which was my reason for staying there.

It was a standard hotel with no frills, and it was acceptable for my one night stay. However if I were to be in Seattle longer, I would choose to stay elsewhere.

One thing I didn't like about the room is that the bathroom was not entirely one room (the toilet and tub were in an enclosed area, but the sink is out in the main area).

Though they offer a breakfast in the morning, I didn't have time to take part in it. There is free wifi and a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
coastgateway, Manager at Coast Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here overall and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My flight out of Sea-Tac was cancelled and I was given a voucher for this hotel. I had spent most of the day scrambling around the Chicago airport with hundreds of others as a result of weather delays and cancellations. I was exhausted and every muscle was sore from carrying luggage all over plus it was around midnight when we finally got in so I was not expecting much from a "free hotel stay" from the airlines. Much to my surprise, the shuttle from the Coast Gateway arrived just minutes after I called, the driver cheerfully greeted me and another passenger, took our bags and proceeded to explain the hotels amenities and offered to do whatever we needed to make our stay more enjoyable. Although I wasn't there long enough to really experience the hotel, the check-in person was very nice, the check-in process was quick and easy, the room was clean and had all the basics, the bed was really comfortable, and they even offered free continental breakfast the next morning starting at 5am so I was able to grab a bite before heading back. The same front desk staff and shuttle driver made checking out and returning to the airport easy and quick and far exceeded my expectations. It was nothing fancy, but it was very comfortable and the staff were genuinely welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank cybergrrl

We were so happy to hear you found your stay here at the Coast Gateway Hotel comfortable and enjoyable. We are committed to making your travels as convenient and easy as possible. We thank you for your comments and hope to see you again soon!