Coast Gateway Hotel
$219
  • Breakfast included
$212
  • Restaurant
Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport(SeaTac)(Great Value!)
$181
$180
$170
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclose to the airportparking lotale houseseatac airportsharp's roasterrestaurant next doorcontinental breakfastshuttle servicesea tacalaska airlineswaffleshard boiled eggsfree parkingwould stay here againwaffle makeron demandlight rail
Reviewed July 13, 2012

It is unclear how anyone rates these hotels. This hotel provided a room with inferior bedding.
The bathroom was about 8 square feet. No door on hinges, just a sliding door. The sink was not even in the bathroom. I have not seen that in a hotel before... only in $40/night motels. Certainly not in a hotel pretending to be a 3-star. The furnishings were old... not antique, but shabby. But the staff was awful--at least the primary staff person I dealt with. Rude, cocky, and argumentative. While I was waiting to check in, two people had to return to the lobby to get new keys made because their keys did not work--not much of an apology provided either. The lobby looks nice, but other than that.... there was nothing about this hotel that was superior to a Motel 6.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ACaff
coastgateway, Manager at Coast Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

We are disappointed to read you were not satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your comments as they help us improve our business for future guests. We think you will be pleased to know we are currently rolling out new bedding in all of our rooms and hope you will visit us again in the future to enjoy our improvements and typically helpful staff.

Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Great location within short walk of the airport. I walked here tonight and when I arrived at 10pm there was a huge line at check-in and only one clerk. She also answered the phone every time in rang and helped the person on the phone while the dozen of us in line waited. Very disappointing and a poor way to run a front desk.

Rooms are nice (small) and clean. It was also the least expensive room I could find other than the dumps in the area.

If it had not been for the terrible check-in, my rating would be higher. Debating if I will return.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank AKPROG
coastgateway, Manager at Coast Gateway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

We’re pleased you found our hotel of good value! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience check-in caused, but hope you will give us the opportunity to show you a speedier check-in during your next visit to Seattle.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I used this hotel for the Sleep, Park, Fly feature since we had a 7am flight out of Seatac the next mornig. The room was average, a little old, yet better than Sutton Suites by far.
Very noisy-too close to the airport. We didn't get much sleep. We were told breakfast would be set out at 5am, yet found no breakfast available and didn't have time to wait around.
For the "park" feature, they use Masterpark C lot, which I found to be inconvenient having to drive down International Blvd the next morning. All in all, it was okay. I will keep searching for the perfect; sleep, park, fly Seatac hotel since this was not "the one".

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for choosing Coast Gateway Hotel before your early flight out of SeaTac. We’re disappointed to hear about your discomfort and hope you will give us a chance to show you a more enjoyable stay during your next trip.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed at the Coast Gateway for four -- yes, four -- nights in June 2012 when I was going to be in Seattle for the Rock 'n' Roll half marathon. I couldn't find anything downtown that I could afford, so I used Priceline and was booked into this hotel. I actually had a great time using it as a base to explore the city. Yes, I had to spend about an hour in transit, counting the walk to the light rail station (easy -- straight up International Blvd., which runs along the front of the hotel), waiting for the train and then riding it to Westlake Station. The breakfast was pretty good for a few days but by the fourth, I needed something warm and went to the Denny's down the street. It's pretty easy to find what you need -- there's a Chase bank across the street, a Subway and Denny's the other way, and I'm pretty sure there was a Starbucks, judging by the number of people who were walking around with the cups. The rooms are small, but comfortable. I didn't like having the microwave inside a cabinet in the desk -- it made it too annoying to get into it quickly, and the handles lift out so they clang whenever you need to open it. It's probably best used as a stopover but if you end up here for several nights, and are by yourself, it's a comfortable, mostly friendly place to stay. Oh -- if you're sensitive to cigarette smoke, request a room on a nonsmoking floor. I had a nonsmoking room but on a mixed floor, and I had to ask to be moved.

Room Tip: Request a room on a nonsmoking floor if you're sensitive.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank I A
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Coast Gateway Hotel during your time in Seattle. We’re glad you found our location convenient to transportation. We’re pleased you were comfortable in your room and appreciate you taking the time to provide comments about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Chose the Coast Gateway for a day layover in Seattle on my way to Costa Rica. The room was a bit small, but sufficient for just myself. May be a little cramped for a couple. The room had a large window, a comfortable bed and was very clean. The hotel is extremely close to the airport (5min shuttle ride), so it is extremely convenient for layovers. The wifi access is great and the desk in the room was perfect for me to buckle down and get some work done. The restaurant next to hotel has decent food and is open late. So far this is my favorite hotel to stay at when traveling through Seattle on my way to other destinations. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for your recommendation to other readers. We’re thrilled we were able to provide a comfortable stay during your layover and look forward to providing a similar experience during future trips to Seattle. Thanks for taking the time to provide a review!