“very nice housekeepers rude front desk nice drivers”

Coast Gateway Hotel
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
“very nice housekeepers rude front desk nice drivers”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

They do clean every inch of the rooms but some old lady with short blond hair was been rude to here workers nd she was whistling loud and yapping on the phone opening doors with ppl inside Front desk is careless would expect them to be enthusiastic and cheerful bu just dnt care about customers theres one with black hair shes rude and taking her time reading instead the short one speaks little english and theres one with acne all over her face she checked me in a dirty room the housekeepers are great i was on the 6 th floor smoking room and my housekeeper was so helpful and had very good manners and she even said "have a safe flight" when i was walking out over all i would stay here only if i had no were else to go

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We have used the Coast Gateway in past for an overnight stay before an early flight and have felt it was adequate for that purpose. We tried their Park and Stay package for the first and last time- but we would likely use their partner MasterPark again. Our check in was performed by an efficient but completely disinterested clerk. Once we were in the room I trotted back down to take the car to MasterPark. I told an another, even less interested desk clerk that I was heading down to park the car and please send the van- which she acknowledged. After dropping the car off at MasterPark and waiting 10 minutes ( it takes about 5 minutes to drive there) MasterPark personal called the desk who said the van would be right down. Ten minutes later when the van had not arrived Master Park called the desk again who told them that the van had gone to the airport and it would be at least 10 minute longer. MasterPark took pity on me and drove me to the hotel (Many Thanks!) . When I expressed my displeasure to the clerk for being abandoned at the parking lot ( it was late and I only had a few hours before our flight) I got a shoulder shrug as a response. To offset the miserable desk service, when we took the van to the airport a few hours later, we were treated to one of the great van drivers in our experience- his upbeat cheeriness at that hour of the morning and excellent service restarted our trip on a much better note. Our flight was too early for the hotel's complementary breakfast- but that is life. The rooms are functional but little else; internet is complementary which is a plus. Many other hotels offer stay and park packages and given the breadth of competition in the SeaTac area it is time to find a new place to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington, USA
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My cousin and I shared a room here on October 20th because we were in town for a continuing education training. Immediately upon check-in, I felt like I had walked into a relative's large home. The maintenance man and the front desk clerk were very friendly and accommodating.
In fact, when we realized that you don't get a view of the airport concourses from the second floor, we went back and asked for a room on one of the upper floors. It was no problem at all and the request was answered with a yes and a smile. The rooms here are probably the most sound-proof rooms I have ever stayed in. There were all the perks of viewing the jets taking off with none of the noise. The shower had great pressure, the towels were plush and the shower door/bathtub combo worked for me. There is a sink with the mirror outside the bathroom so one of us could put on make-up while the other one was showering. We were on a smoking floor but our room did not smell like smoke (fortunately) and proved that the rooms are airtight as well. The breakfast service was much like you'd get at a Holiday Inn Express--very good and filling. I would definitely stay here again. Friendly service, free parking, free internet

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of the runway (Floors 4 and up).
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank WindyRuth
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed here because we had a 6am international flight. The room was clean and quiet. Check-in was easy and the shuttle is available 24 hours. The room comes complete with refrigerator and flat screen tvs. Good place if you just need a place to crash for one night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bucksport
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three nights over a two week period during a trip from Maine. We were so impressed the first night that we made plans to stay there again at different times over the next two weeks when we were going to be in and out of Seattle. The rooms were VERY clean,and that is important to us. The staff were polite, accomodating, professional and very helpful. We would stay there again without any concerns. They offer 24 hour shuttle service and we found it to be prompt (a 4:30 am call) and courtious. They have a guest office where we could print boarding passes for the airport at no charge. This is easily one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. I recommend this to anyone going to the Seattle area, family or working trip. Excellent continental breakfast as well. I have never writtena review before but was so impressed with the Coast Gateway I felt I had to. They were great!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikeandmickey
Winchester, Idaho
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have used the Coast Gateway Hotel near the Sea-Tac Airport for many years as a arrival and departure hotel and for a couple of meetings. Generally it is a decent place to stay. Rooms are clean but small, very convenient location. I have only had one bad night here and that was because of an extremely loud individual next door and his buddy who had a women there for awhile and played loud music and were very loud themselves. They slammed doors non-stop. I complained to the front desk twice and though they called the room asking them to keep it down the noise was louder, including the door being intentionally slammed very hard after the 2nd call from the front desk. The noise was from 230 to 530am when the individual finally went to sleep. The hotel did not offer me any compensation or change of rooms for a loss of a nights sleep. I stay here 16 nights a year and would have expected better treatment. The front desk is pretty lethargic and not very helpful at times. They take a hold on your credit card for incidentals even though there is no bar, restaurant or services in the hotel which I find irritating. Parking is sometimes very difficult because the hotel shares a parking lot with a busy BBQ place next door and I believe some people park there who have taken flights. Beds are comfortable and when quiet I have always rested well here. Several good places to eat within walking distance. And you can't get any closer to the airport than here.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be about the same.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Greve in Chianti, Italy
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Not a bad place. Little musty smelling and parking can be a pain when the restaurant, in same parking lot, is busy. My room was clean although there were plenty of missed areas that need attention. Most looked like they've been missed a lot. Bathroom could've been cleaner. Bed is comfy, only big issue I have with room is the doors and walls. The doors slam and the walls are paper thin.
The free breakfast isn't that great. I'd get better coffee and let's see more fruit, (no banana's??) The pickings were slim. Yogurt was full fat when we were there and not the reduced or fat free as was the milk. I'd improve that if I was running the place.
The desk clerk spends a lot of time with gabbing in the middle of the night to their "friend". Not even a "good evening" or "have a nice night" when we walked in. Same with gal in the morning. No acknowledgement. That is one area I would work on immediately.
Other than that, not a bad place to stay if you get for cheap on priceline. I wouldn't pay over $100 a night though. (we got for $40 on priceline)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends