“Close stay to airport if you have an early flight!”

Coast Gateway Hotel
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We stayed here because we had a 6am international flight. The room was clean and quiet. Check-in was easy and the shuttle is available 24 hours. The room comes complete with refrigerator and flat screen tvs. Good place if you just need a place to crash for one night.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three nights over a two week period during a trip from Maine. We were so impressed the first night that we made plans to stay there again at different times over the next two weeks when we were going to be in and out of Seattle. The rooms were VERY clean,and that is important to us. The staff were polite, accomodating, professional and very helpful. We would stay there again without any concerns. They offer 24 hour shuttle service and we found it to be prompt (a 4:30 am call) and courtious. They have a guest office where we could print boarding passes for the airport at no charge. This is easily one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. I recommend this to anyone going to the Seattle area, family or working trip. Excellent continental breakfast as well. I have never writtena review before but was so impressed with the Coast Gateway I felt I had to. They were great!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikeandmickey
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have used the Coast Gateway Hotel near the Sea-Tac Airport for many years as a arrival and departure hotel and for a couple of meetings. Generally it is a decent place to stay. Rooms are clean but small, very convenient location. I have only had one bad night here and that was because of an extremely loud individual next door and his buddy who had a women there for awhile and played loud music and were very loud themselves. They slammed doors non-stop. I complained to the front desk twice and though they called the room asking them to keep it down the noise was louder, including the door being intentionally slammed very hard after the 2nd call from the front desk. The noise was from 230 to 530am when the individual finally went to sleep. The hotel did not offer me any compensation or change of rooms for a loss of a nights sleep. I stay here 16 nights a year and would have expected better treatment. The front desk is pretty lethargic and not very helpful at times. They take a hold on your credit card for incidentals even though there is no bar, restaurant or services in the hotel which I find irritating. Parking is sometimes very difficult because the hotel shares a parking lot with a busy BBQ place next door and I believe some people park there who have taken flights. Beds are comfortable and when quiet I have always rested well here. Several good places to eat within walking distance. And you can't get any closer to the airport than here.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be about the same.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Not a bad place. Little musty smelling and parking can be a pain when the restaurant, in same parking lot, is busy. My room was clean although there were plenty of missed areas that need attention. Most looked like they've been missed a lot. Bathroom could've been cleaner. Bed is comfy, only big issue I have with room is the doors and walls. The doors slam and the walls are paper thin.
The free breakfast isn't that great. I'd get better coffee and let's see more fruit, (no banana's??) The pickings were slim. Yogurt was full fat when we were there and not the reduced or fat free as was the milk. I'd improve that if I was running the place.
The desk clerk spends a lot of time with gabbing in the middle of the night to their "friend". Not even a "good evening" or "have a nice night" when we walked in. Same with gal in the morning. No acknowledgement. That is one area I would work on immediately.
Other than that, not a bad place to stay if you get for cheap on priceline. I wouldn't pay over $100 a night though. (we got for $40 on priceline)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The room was ok, fine to stay here if you are making a quick trip in and out, wouldn't want to stay more than 1 night though. price is really good, the lobby smells smokey. Location is close enought to walk to the airport, but they do have a shuttle.

Room Tip: check web site
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Close enough to SEATAC Airport to walk, though shuttle service is convenient and accommodating. Rooms are all you need, clean and well-appointed, but what makes this hotel stand out is the helpful and friendly staff. I was impressed by how they are willing to go the extra mile with a smile. I will definitely make this my overnighter-at-SEATAC hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank 821amr
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Booked this hotel through Hotwire and couldn't have been happier. As this hotel backs up to Concourse A of the airport, I thought it would be great to have a room facing the airport. Upon checkin I requested an airport side room and was gioven one on the top floor overlooking the activities of SeaTac. The hotel was clean, the check in andcheck out process was smooth and pleasant and the modest breakfast was just enough to start the day. Overall, it was a great stay in an excellent location.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends