“Surprisingly quiet”

Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Colrain, MA
“Surprisingly quiet”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

I was very surprised at how quiet the rooms were, given its proximity to the airport, but it was great. We both slept well, despite not being able to get a flat pillow from room service. You could barely hear the planes. Administration was great with email alerts, receipts, etc. Housekeeping was good. The floor was a little creaky where the wings joined. They have 3 computers in their business center, but could use more. They were constantly being used - at all hours of the day. Hotel offers a great breakfast (free). Biscuits and gravy, pancakes, fruit, cereal... everything!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lwbadgr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
St. Simons Island Georgia
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel, they let me come and check in at 9am when I was just off a cruise ship. The room was large, clean, comfortable. The staff helped with getting me a rental car, bus info, restaurants, etc. Then, in the morning I had to leave at 4am and the shuttle bus was on time and courteous. Even dropped me off at ticketing. I could not have asked for more. Although I didn't use it there was a gym, pool, and am breakfast! I highly recommend this hotel. It is located near the airport so I needed a rental car to go downtown, but this was not a problem at all. There was a car rental within walking distance to the hotel. Also, they have a room with computers and internet. Fabulous!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed May 23, 2009

We booked this hotel as we were arriving in the evening from a long flight and wanted to rest for a night close to the airport (and don't pay the very high in-city rates). The hotel met that expectation perfectly. The rooms are spacious, there is a clean and good restaurant on site and the complimentary breakfast is really really good. For those who might want to work on site, hotel has a good business center and complimentary internet connection. We also found the room rate to be very reasonable. However if you want to stay right in the center of the city, don't stay here as taxi costs around $50 one way.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seyyah_2009
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed May 23, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for about a week while preparing for an exam. The location was close to the airport and the hotel was quiet. Nice large room with a king size (?) bed, large chair and desk, The room also had a small fridge in which I was able to stock up with cold drinks and snacks for long nights. The room was located on the back side of the hotel which most likely was a lot quieter then the front side, which borders International.

Hotel staff was friendly, and the breakfast was your standard Best Western, good for a day or two and then you will want probably something different. The swimming pool, fitness area and hot tub was adequate, but nothing great. The computer room was a nice touch, as it allowed me to print off a few things, including my boarding passes.

It is a little further down the road then most of the hotels directly outside the airport, but only by a couple minutes. I would definitely stay here again when traveling through Seattle.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Let's face it, this is a Best Western, not a Four Seasons, but if you had to pick any of the hotels/motor inns along the strip to SeaTac airport, this is the one. Why? The customer service is quite amazing. Helpful and friendly. The Executive Business Center is free-- no charges to use the computers, log on to the internet or print your documents. Complimentary breakfast is more than a continental (only complaint, paper plates, why not use the real stuff?). One example of their high level of service. At check out, we asked for a taxi to take us to the airport (because the free shuttle was not scheduled to leave for another 15 minutes). The front desk lady who checked us out, said, "I'll drive you." She finished our check-out, loaded our bags in the shuttle and then happily drove us and two other guests to the airport. That's service above and beyond.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank GalswhoTravel
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2009

In the past 12 months we have stayed at this hotel on 4 different occassions and on 3 of those times we have encouraged friends and family to stay there as well for ease of coordinating schedules and airport transfers. This time was no exception. We like to fly out of Seatac instead of YVR as there is significant cost savings, even when figuring in the overnight hotel stay. We stayed during spring break for one night and parked our car for the 8 days we were away, $129usd before taxes, a great park and fly rate. It seemed a little noisier this time, people walking upstairs, probably with kids out of school and travelling during the break, no big deal.

The front desk is pleasant, we always look for Jenni as she has a great personality and is always polite. The restaurant serves a good dinner at a reasonable price. We had a two queen room with frig. The room as before was clean, bathroom in good repair, adequate temperature control, comfortable beds with clean sheets and lots of pillows. My son enjoys the pool, it is indoors and heated, a nice way to tire him out before bedtime. We organized the airport shuttle the night before and were able to use the computer room facilities to print off the boarding passes, both nice touches at no extra charge. The next morning we took advantage of the included breakfast, again, it was very ggod with waffles, toast, eggs, cereal and the night before. Our shuttle picked us up at the determined time and Bob the driver was quite funny with his one liners and other play on word jokes. The pick up at the end of our trip was equally smooth.

This is a motel in the airport district, it is not a 5 star hotel but it treats it guests as if it were. We will come back again

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank FP4BMO
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised on my recent business trip to Seattle. I stayed at the Best Western Airport Executel Hotel in Seattle. While this hotel does not look like much on the outside, the interior paints a completely different picture.

The check-in was very quick and efficient. The Front Desk staff were polite and professional and answered all questions with ease. The rooms are very clean and feature white linens. They don't have flat screen televisions but that is a minor issue to me. If you're an aviation fan like me, you can also get good views of aircraft that have just taken off from Seattle Airport.

The breakfast was outstanding and a little bit more than the standard Best Western breakfast. The restaurant on-site provides good food at a reasonable price. If you're looking for a hotel that provides good quality and value for your travel needs whether it's a night before a flight or a meeting at a nearby hotel, I would come back to the Best Western. They also have a great swimming pool inside to relax at the end of a long day. I also loved that you can park your car for free while staying there. I can't stand having to pay to park at a hotel.

The only downside is that there aren't many things located in the vicinity of the hotel but that's very much the case for most of the airport hotels.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business