“Would stay again”

Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Would stay again”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The rooms are average, nothing special but the beds are comfortable, which is really all that matters. Friendly staff, welcome you to the hotel, housekeeping staff wished us safe trip as we were leaving. Full breakfast was really nice. What impressed me the most was how clean it was, you could tell that the staff cared about their hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Loralee D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Aberdeen, Washington
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a nice and cheaper alternative to downtown Seattle. Rooms were nice. Hotel was good value for the price. Swimming pool and lounge area around the pool was definitely the best part. Continental breakfast was your average hotel breakfast. Nothing fancy. About what you'd expect for a best western.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ErinSeesTheWorld
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Two years following a stay in which I was very positive with my review, I must remark on some of the changes from last time. The staff was still great. However, the carpeting appeared to need a good vacuuming or cleaning. The mattress was sagging somewhat and not comfortable. The A/C needed a good cleaning as I developed nasal congestion shortly after arriving. The air smelled musty so I imagine the filter needs cleaning. The restaurant has changed in what they serve. Now it is basically sandwiches and pizza. My burger was good and my husband's Asian salad was also good.Their system for ordering requires you to go to the cashier's desk to order off a short menu. While there was a sign referring to this process, it was not clear. The waitress was quite abrupt and stern when lecturing us as to how we should go about ordering. Not a friendly moment. Last stay had a normal restaurant and full menu. If you are without transportation, you are stuck with the limited menu. The shuttle was still on time and check-out was fast. The business center offered 4 computer stations and printer. I would say that it is a great place for families as there were things offered that would appeal to kids. I always like to stay at Best Western when possible. I was just disappointed to see the quality of the room not as I had remembered it. But the facility is old and no doubt harder to keep up. The bathroom had been modernized and was very clean with plenty of towels and there were plenty of pillows on the beds.

Room Tip: Requested a quiet room on non-smoking floor. Stayed across from the elevator which I would not have...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Bernardino
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was there on a conference. When I got there they gave me a room with sliding glass door that actually opened to somewhere. It happened to open to a garden and next to the pool area. I loved the staff that helped me pick a room I would like. One of the housekeepers was overly helpful, the other probably did not understand my English or thought my request not valid. Shuttle drivers were awesome, on time, careful and patient. Lena checked me in and she was considerate and went out of her way to help me get a great room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Barbaradee F
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff. Booked hotel for the night arriving back from cruise before flying out the next day to give us a day of sight-seeing in Seattle area. Arrived about 9:30 am off the cruise ship and they were able to let us check into our room early - yeah! Took advantage of free shuttle to transit station for an easy ride into downtown Seattle. Upon arriving back at the transit station late that evening, they pick you up to return you to the hotel - great service. Property is older but room was spacious, and clean, and includes free Wi-Fi and free breakfast. For the money paid, it is an economical place to stay with extra services. Even though it is pretty far from downtown Seattle, it is very close to airport, which at this trip itinerary was most important to us to be able to sleep in a little later and hop over to the airport timely, in lieu of spending an hour getting to airport; we preferred the commute time to be on our 'free day' when we were sight-seeing anyway and travel time was a top priority. With the free shuttle, with access to airport and transit station, this really worked perfectly for my group of ladies traveling together on a vacation. Staying close to the airport, it was about a 10 minute ride to the terminal!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JCitytraveler701
Nairobi
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Used AAdvantage miles to book this hotel before our cruise departure. Several other cruisers were staying there as well and the staff was very friendly even learned our names! There is a free shuttle to the airport and mass transit rail. They also arranged for us transport to our cruise ship with an independent company. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank KenyaQT
Gilroy, California
Reviewed July 17, 2013

'When requesting a quiet room ,the person said all of our rooms are quiet. They are equipted with double pillows. That ruined our stay at this hotel. Otherwise the room was ok, close to light rail to go to tourists spots so forth.

For us we chooose other hotel when we visit the area again

Room Tip: if you value a quiet hotel choose other hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family