“Very average, but clean and sufficient for airport travelers.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Seattle Airport Hotel

BEST WESTERN Seattle Airport Hotel
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
North Dakota
“Very average, but clean and sufficient for airport travelers.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice in one week: once when I arrived in Seattle, I called the shuttle and spent one night, then at the end of my trip in Seattle, I spent another night and took the shuttle back to the airport.

The shuttle service was very nice. The first driver I had, I can't remember his name, but an older black gentleman - he was really nice! He definitely struck up a conversation with me and made me feel welcome my first time in Seattle. He made me leave my bag so he could get it for me. Great guy. He dropped me and another passenger off at the entrance due to renovation.

Check in was very simple. Kaisa was very nice, a pretty lady with a great name.

The rooms looked and felt clean and were basic. I liked that there was an easy chair for me to relax on facing the TV, but the TV is in a dated entertainment center type piece of furniture and even with the doors pushed in, it's hard to see the TV from the bed or the other side of the room, so I can't lay out clothes, go back and forth to the bathroom while primping, etc and watch the news in the morning. My 2nd room was identical.

The first night, it was about 9pm and I considered the restaurant for a late dinner, but the menu was bland - pizzas and a few salads, nothing special, really plain, easy to make things. Fortunately, Seatac has several places that will deliver and I found a Thai place in the directory that was about a half mile away and they delivered some pad Thai. Yeah.

The biggest gripe that I had were the room keys. Seems they were having issues with the keys working. I stay in hotels quite often so I know how the key cards work. I had to go back to the desk both times I stayed to have my keys remade. That is really annoying when you have luggage and have to go way down hallways, up the elevator and down another hallway and back. The second gripe is when I got in late for my second stay, I went to the "business center" to print off my boarding pass and the printer wasn't working. The printer was on and ready, but the PC that controls the printer (there is a sign saying in order to print, the far left PC has to be on and running) was locked up, so nothing would print. I had just gone downstairs to have my key remade and I was too tired to go back, so I just got to the airport earlier. The girl at the front desk was busy and being so late, she was probably the only one there and I didn't want to wait around for someone to fix it.

I had breakfast one morning. Some fruit, yogurt and juice/coffee. Everyone loves those make-your-own-waffle stations but I hate them because that means whining kids everywhere...especially the Sunday morning that I checked out (Easter). I just grabbed juice and left. I wanted to take a cup of hot tea with me - they had a decent tea selection, but the to-go cups had no lids. That's weird to me because without a lid, I didn't want to hike way back up to my room without one. I asked Kaisa at the front desk and she said they were out. Strange. I threw my tea out. I didn't want to risk spilling it on my way up to the room to grab my bags and leave the hotel.

In all, I'd say the hotel is average, nothing special - comfortable bed, clean room and something is offered for breakfast - that is really all that is needed for airport travel and the price reflects exactly that. I stayed on a Wednesday night and also on a Saturday night. I will add that there was a big difference in occupants. Wednesday was nice and quiet. Saturday night there were a lot of kids literally running around. Up and down the halls. That annoyed me, but not really the fault of the hotel (does anyone walk the halls?).

I would stay here again for more budget airport travel, but not if I was looking for a getaway. I think folks with kids will use this for a budget getaway since they have a pool, so beware of this on weekends. It's a very sufficient airport hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Korean first
bridge lake b.c.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have stayed at Best westerns before and found them exellent.This one was very disappointing.They are in the midst of renovations to the lobby area ,one can only hope the entire hotel gets a facelift.The hallways are dark and worn.The on site restaurant is awful.Our room was very large and clean and the bed was comfortable.The bathroom appeared to be recently renovated,very nice.The shuttle bus service to the airport is convenient.Without a vehicle finding other dining options is difficult, nothing within walking distance.So if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep between flights, it's ok but eat before you check in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Colfax, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My 2 teenage children and I spent 4 days at this motel last week for their spring break. The acommodations were first class. From check in to check out, we were treated very well. The pool and play area were an added bonus. The continental breakfast was outstanding. The only complaint I had were the restaurant and bar. The service was terrible. Our shuttle driver, Darryl, was the best. He drove us back from the light rail on Wednesday evening and the kids fell in love with him. They were super excited when he was our driver again on Thursday evening. Then he made another trip for us to take us to a local restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank carol s
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The staff here was friendly. The hotel is conveniently located near the airport. If you need somewhere to stay close to SeaTac Airport, this is a bargain. It's not fancy, but our room was clean, they have an indoor pool and hot tub, and the included breakfast was tasty (Belgian waffles, sausage, hard boiled eggs, and your traditional continental breakfast carbs).

They are undergoing some construction in the parking lot, but I did not hear anything. The only impact from the construction was not having a loading/unloading area outside the lobby and having to enter from a side door, rather than a main lobby door.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the main corridor to the lobby (near elevators). There is too much foot tr...
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I should start by pointing out that my stay was while they were renovating the main entry, which created a whole bunch of headaches. Upon arrival there was no where to park for check-in, so I was forced to double park and risk a ticket. After I checked in and started looking for a permanent parking spot, I discovered there were none to be found. Ended up circling the lot for 15 minutes until I was lucky enough to spot someone leaving. The room was small and lacked a real desk, which made getting any work done almost impossible. Finally, when my neighbor turned out their shower (which I could hear) I discovered that the water pressure made my room shake (note: from the midwest and never experienced and earthquake before, that's what I thought it was at first).

It quieted down from there, and I was able to get a decent rest before heading to the airport the following morning. However, there are plenty of other discount hotels around Sea-Tac. I'll be trying one of them next time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

As a general rule I've found Best Westerns to be nice places to stay and based on the pictures and the person I spoke to when I made my reservations I was under the impression that this would be a nice place to stay for the week. We got there and were very dissapointed, so much so that we only stayed the first night while we tried to find a nicer place for the remainder of our stay. This was a dark and dingy place that was loud, under construction, in a less then desirable area and dirty - didn't want to touch anything.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Vernon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

It was nice to have a short drive to a hotel after a long day of travel. However, the hotel is undergoing renovations and we had a hard time even finding the entrance. I checked us in then we went to look for parking. There was no parking space to be found (hotel is also used for airport parking). We were told to go down the highway, do a U-Turn to get to some parking on the side of the building. The parking spot was very far from our room. The staff, however, was very friendly and courteous. The free continental breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy, toast, bagels, fruit) made the price of the room well worth it.