“bad internet connection”

Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
SeaTac, Washington
“bad internet connection”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I chose this hotel because of price, but internet connection is not stable and slow. if you need an internet access, don't come here. I get 32 kb / sec!!!! Too slow. Room's chair, blanket, carpet are all made out of color so I can't tell how clean they are. If it was white, I can tell if they washed it or not. It had OLD TV. The water temperature changes while you're taking shower, so be careful. It's cheap so this is what you get. I can live with old stuff, but I can't live with a dirty room and internet access.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ite N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mount Vernon, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

After reading reviews, I was wondering how the hotel really was.
I notice three recent reviews with the lowest ratings, but no profiles, or any other reviews from the folks, they really make me question how valid they are. I see this ocassionally on TA, reviews that are either ranting or raving. Especially when the majority of reviews rate this location as acceptable.
We arrived on a Sunday nite, for one nite and 8 nites parking, the desk attendant was courteous and friendly.
One surprise was an additional $6 airport parking fee, not disclosed on my online confirmation, nor on the web site as informed by the desk clerk. No one likes undisclosed fees, and if it is a legtimate fee, I do not have a problem paying it, especially if I am informed beforehand.
We parked ourselves in the lot, I can see where they can get full, especially when they offer very competitive pricing.
Our 4:30AM, and 11:30PM airport trips were quick, and drivers were fine.
We stayed in room 210, it was recently painted, carpet looked like new. Everything was very clean, bed okay, furnishings fine. There was little airplane or traffic noise, but I would expect to hear a plane or two, as we are close to the airport. No noise from other rooms, but like a prior poster, there are times when the neighbors can be loud, had this at other hotels, I guess its just life, at least someone was having a good time. I understand that all the rooms in the hotel have been painted in the last year, and new carpets installed where needed.
No clock, but we had a 4AM wake up call, which came right at 4AM, thanks, I appreciate the call. I have had hotels not deliver the calls or call 10 - 30 minutes late. Did not have the morning coffee/snacks, but at 4AM I am not interested in them.
We did not notice anyone wandering around the hotel, or any outside activity, we felt safe and secure. We walked 5 minutes down to IHOP Sunday nite to eat, and no problems.
We would definitely stay here again, very clean, the price was very good, especially the stay and park program, good airport shuttle, we did not have any issue, except for the $6 fee, which I can understand and live with.
Thanks for your nice and clean hotel and service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TonySeattleWA
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Tony,

Thank you for your feedback - we are glad that you got a good value for your money and we definitely aim to make that a priority!

We hope to see you again soon on your next vacation/adventure!
vancouver, bc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night before flying out to Florida. I only booked it because of the cheap parking (I got the room and 7 nights for $92 and then paid an additional 30 bucks for 5 more days parking) and because my husband was flying into seattle that night to meet us.We must have lucked out and got a newer room, because our room was fine and clean. The beds were horrible though,like old springy mattresses, and I didnt sleep a wink. Not only because the airplane noise (and Ive stayed at airport hotels closer where you couldnt even here the airplanes)but the other people in the hotel as well. It seemed like the kind of place that not only has cheap parking, but cheap "hourly" rates, if you know what I mean. People were coming and going at all hours, and I looked out the window several times, none had luggage or looked like travellers. Then, the people next to us! moaning and slamming all night! thats a fun thing to try and explain to your kids! I would not stay here again nor recommend to anyone else either.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wine O
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Bungadoo,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay - we assure you our facility is family friendly and focused on guest satisfaction. We will take your feedback and look into improving sound quality to better serve our guests moving forward.

We are delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of our park and fly package to allow you to leave your vehicle with us after your stay and get a value price on it. We hope to see you again in the future.
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I stayed in the Americas Best Value Inn, Seatac location, on the night of January 10, 2012. The room seemed adequate enough and the service was ordinary. I had myself, my wife, and four children all under the age of five staying in the room. We were cleaning the room, after having been there for an entire evening, preparing to check out when to our shock and disgust we found a USED hypodermic needle under one of the beds. The entire under bed area was cluttered with garbage and filth, but to have a potentially deadly hazard in a living space we found completely unacceptable, as I am sure all of you do. What would I do if my toddler age child had found it? The scenario is awful and disgusting. We immediately informed the young lady at the front desk, who though mortified, was apparently unable to offer any recompense. We have sent emails to the franchise owners and corporate offices without any response.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Benjamin O
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Benjamin -

Thank you for your feedback - We take guest safety very seriously and we would have moved your family to a new room for the night had this been reported to the staff before checkout. We have already taken steps to make sure this does not occur again and we hope to see your family and yourself again in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after staying in Days Inn
Cheaper but ok service. Shuttle drivers not too friendly. Front desk people OK. Internet never works. They sell parking more than the space they have. Have to park on firelane most of the night. Cars not safe because of too many vehicle in the lot. No computers on lobby. Free breakfast means coffee, juice and muffins. Rooms are clean but outdoor sucks. Too many people walking around to use vending machine and ice machine. Operator locking the door and not answering calls at night, the worst thing wifi never worked, need to put alarm clock on the room.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank DhoomPatrick
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest -

Thank you for your feedback! It looks like you visited our hotel during a peak holiday season in which a lot of our guests take advantage of our park and fly service. We understand how hectic the travel season can be for both our guests and our service and we definitely work as hard as possible in accommodating each and every one of our guests to help reduce the stress of travel. We are sorry to hear you could not connect to wifi during this period and we will double check the system to see why this may have been occurring during your stay.

We hope to see you again in the future and allow us to deliver the experience we strive to serve each of our guests.

Thank you.
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I asked the front desk clerk if I could park my own car as the parking was very tight and didn't want to scratch my rental car. The clerk told me no and after a heated debate he ripped up my reservation and cancelled my booking! Now we had no place to stay for the night! This is the worst customer service I ever experienced in any hotel...and on top of that this hotel is in very poor condition. I will never stay at this hotel ever again, and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve Y
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Steve,

Thank you for your feedback to help us provide guests the best experience that we strive for. I am sorry to hear that the front desk did not accommodate your request and/or communicate why we were doing valet parking only at the time of your arrival. This should be expected to be communicated to our guests appropriately and I will make sure this does not happen again from our staff. At times of seasonal business we do valet park only to accommodate all of our guests and to make the process as painless as possible - I hope to see you again and deliver this experience to you in the future.
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here so that we could get the 7 day free parking for our 15 day trip to Hawaii the next day. While booking on line I did not see anywhere to also book the parking. I called the hotel and they said they could take care of it when we arrived. When we arrived we were told that because we had booked the room on line that we could not get the free parking and had to pay for the full 15 days! The room: Absolutely terrible!!! Very small and cramped, which was ok because we were just going to be there for the night. But, the room was filthy! Spiders running around all over, hair and filth in the bathroom. The bathroom towels were so skimpy we might as well have used paper! My rags I use for cleaning are in better condition! The beds were ok but the spreads were very old and didn't even fit the bed and after seeing all the spiders I could only imagine what was lurking in the bedding. Then we wanted to watch some things we like on channel 4 which is a Seattle station and the hotel didn't provide that station. Never stay there again!!!

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sgitts
ABVISeatac, General Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear sgitts,

Thank you for your feedback - it is crucial to us in order to provide the best service and comfort at a value our guests desire.

We are sorry to hear about the you described inconvenience as we definitely do not intend to cause our guests any dis satisfaction during their stay. However we are limited in the amount of changes we can make if you book online via a 3rd part website. We are very sorry that this may have not been informed directly when you called however we may only alter/change bookings that are either made directly on our website or via calling us.

We understand that package that you wanted to purchase and we hope to see you in the future to be able to directly provide this for you.

Mgmt.
Also consider these accommodations in or near SeaTac
Days Inn Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#20 of 34 in SeaTac
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,548 reviews

Been to Americas Best Value Airport Inn? Share your experiences!