All reviews basic hotel spent one night night stay short stay beds were comfortable
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The shuttle service from the airport was good, we just called them from the courtesy phones at the airport and they were there to collect us within 20 minutes. The shuttle took about 10 mins to get to the accommodation.

We stayed for 2 nights, our room was a good size, very clean and good air conditioning and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. Free wifi was good and reliable. It wasn't the quietest place to be honest, there is quite a bit of road noise as it's positioned just off a main road, although it is good value for the money.

Breakfast isn't really a breakfast, packs of 2 small muffins were available until 930am in reception, there is a coffee machine there too and sunny delight. There is an I-hop about 5 minutes walk up the road which was lovely and I would recommend.

Getting to downtown Seattle does take a while. You need to get a bus ($2.25 one way and you must have correct change) to the airport, then catch the lite train to downtown, $5.50 for a day pass. All in all the journey takes about 1 hour each way.

If you're looking for basic accommodation close to the airport then this one will do the job.

1  Thank y0dagreen
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I made a reservation through the America's Best Value Inn website for their SeaTac location. My travel plans required me to fly all night and get into Seattle around 2 am on Aug 4th. I needed a simple, clean room to stay in when I arrived to get a few hours of sleep before driving to my next location. The website was easy to use and I booked my room for the night of Aug 3rd but found there was no area to make a note about my late arrival (2 am on the 4th). I called and confirmed my reservation directly with the hotel 2 days before my arrival. The desk clerk confirmed my reservation, and I asked that "Late Arrival" be added to the reservation to ensure my room. I arrived at the Inn around 2:00 am on August 4th. The desk clerk looked very confused when I entered. I told him my name and my confirmation number and he told me that they did not have my reservation. I showed him my print out from the website, and he said that they did not have any rooms available. After looking in the computer for 10 minutes, he finally found my reservation. He then said, "no one told me we were overbooked." I asked if late arrival had been notated. He said that it hadn't. He then stated again that they had no rooms. I asked him what my options were, and he again stated that they had no rooms. I asked him if he had a comparable hotel to walk us to, and he gave me a puzzled look. I then explained that most hotels when overbooked set up rooms at a comparable hotel and "walk" their customers to that hotel, instead of simply not honoring their reservation. He called a few places and found us a room at the SeaTac Crest Motor Inn for $59.99. He then told me that I needed to call his manager later to make sure that I wouldn't be charged for my room. At this point, I was so exhausted I went to the hotel he had called. It was a filthy, rundown disgusting motor inn that had duct tape holding the door knob onto my room door. I slept with a chair against the door.
I later called Americas Best Inn to discuss this situation with the general manager on a Thursday morning and was told that no management was on property. Since I am concerned that I may still be charged, I will take more time out my day and call back again until I am able to reach a manager.
I am very disappointed in the lack of customer service and professionalism from this hotel. I worked in the hotel business for 15 years, and I understand that overbooking situations happen, but this hotel did not respond in a professional way.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank coffeegirl247
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you encountered with our service. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we many continue to maintain our high standards.

I would like to apologize for the overbooking - i appreciate that you understand overbooking situations happens however it does not look like it was handled appropriatly. We will make sure you are not charged for this stay and resolve issues for the future.

thank you and i hope we have a chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Rehabbed older motel. The rooms are small, but clean. No amenities. The continental breakfast consists of a package of muffins. The staff is courteous and helpful. We stayed for a couple of nights enroute to Hawaii. Take the hotel shuttle to the airport and light rail from the airport downtown for sightseeing.

1  Thank James B
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear James,

We are delighted to hear you had a good experience and stay at our property. Our goal is to provide clean comfortable inviting stay for our guests without breaking your budget :-)

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Especially when I do personal travel without my family, my hotel needs are very basic. I want a clean, quiet room and little else. I don't need - and consequently don't want to pay - for extra amenities. In that regard, was happy with this hotel and would use it again.

Room 118 had been recently painted (but no paint smell), so it had a nice clean look and feel. The bed was decent, and the bedding was nicely laundered. The carpet was a little worn, but clean. The bathroom was clean - no sign of mold or stains or anything disagreeable.

The room was smallish, the furniture dated, and the amenities were few but why would I care? I wasn't paying for more than that, so I consider my rent of 1 room for 1 night a fine contract between me and the Best Value Inn. I'd do it again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms similar to 118, which had been recently painted
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed two nights during mid July, 2012. Prior to our stay I spent considerable time reading reviews. Like almost any motel, no matter the price, you will find good and negative comments. I am pleased to say that we were very surprised and appreciative of our room (212). Instead of a Queen, as advertised, we had a King bed. It was quite comfortable. The carpet was newer, the counter tops were clean and spacious enough. For the money, we were particularly surprised to find a recliner chair in the room. It was not the cleanest but okay. The noise from the airport and the busy street wasn't even bad. The windows and general room construction was fairly sound proof. No big problem. IHOP is within easy walking distance at 2 blocks North.

Minor negatives: Bathroom fan was very loud, No coffee in room and rarely available in the Office.

2  Thank Robert B
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Robert - Thank you very much for your review of our Hotel. We are very glad to see you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to fit your needs and expectations. We will check into the fan noise you mentioned and get it fixed! We hope to see you again soon in the future.