“Great for the Value”

Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Houston, Texas
“Great for the Value”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

For under $50 at a no frill stay super close to the airport, you can't beat this hotel. We stayed in room 214 and after reading other reviews I was pleasantly surprised. The decor was much more up to date than expected and the bed quite spacious and comfy. The only negative would be the paper thin walls, but we had quiet neighbors so it wasn't an issue. Not a negative, but something to consider is that the WiFi wasn't the fastest, but it was free and worked! So if you are just looking for a place to sleep while you go out and enjoy the nature of Washington state, this is the place for you!

Oh, the shuttle was super fast and reliable and free! It picked up us within 5 minutes of calling them.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aggieanne42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2011

- Great for night before a flight etc.
- 'Free' breakfast just a drink, banana, packaged pastry.
- 'Free' airport transfer acctually costs $4.50 - an airport charge.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed in room 205 and check out 5 days early due to discovering bed bugs. I read on hotels.com that this excact same room was reported to have bed bugs just a few week prior to me arriving. VERY POOR MANAGEMENT!! This place is very run-down and disgusting. DO NOT STAY!!! Yes, it is cheap, but not at the expense in treating your clothes, luggage, and even yourself. I took photos and video of all the bugs crawling around the bed.

Room Tip: Stay Away!!!!!! Bed Bugs!!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Navy_Flip_88
ABVISeatac, Manager at Americas Best Value Airport Inn, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
We thank all feedback for bringing to our attention the problem you encountered with our service. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service at affordable prices. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we many continue to maintain our high standards.

We are very sorry about the experience as you described however this isolated incident is not a representation of the health of our property overall – Rest assured we take this issue very seriously and do not take any issue such as this or others for health or safety lightly at all. We have already taken the said room out of rotation and will remain so for the future until a credited pest control company does its numerous treatments and inspections. This is not an indication of our hotel health in general – as is known bed bugs are at an epidemic level in the US and can travel from hotel to hotel and looks like unfortunetly the same may have occured here. Guest is offered and did accept a full refund and a refund of the cleaning charges of $140.00 already.
Berkshires, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Wanted a place to sleep for eight hours before leaving on an early morning train. I did not expect much and did not get much. The room cost $40 and wasn't worth more than that. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. It is located on a busy street, so the traffic is loud and the shuttle runs at all hours and makes noise in the parking lot which encompasses the entire motel--in other words, there is no way to get away from the noise. I have stayed in many Motel 6's in my younger days because of their pet-friendly policy, and this motel is comparable to a lower end Motel 6. I made the decision after this stay that I would no longer stay at cheap motels. I hate to pay $100 for a short stay but I can't do the dives any more. Just know what your are getting into if you stay here--I didn't see any bugs or hair or anything nasty, so I can't say it's terrible, just not good.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I 'won' this hotel via Priceline and was pleased I'd only paid a small price. Once I found out where I was staying I immediately checked Trip Advisor to see what to expect. Generally the reviews were not particulalrly complimentary so my expectations were not high. I didn't have a car to store so can't comment on that aspect.

Generally though, for less than $50 my stay was OK. The shuttle arrived not too long after I called from SeaTac and reception was troublefree. The room was pretty basic - bed was ordinary, bathroom OK but all generally quite old. TV worked, most lights worked, AC was OK and room was generally clean. Quiet, but this could depend very much on how noisy your neighbours were and how many cars were being shuttled around the car park immediately outside your door.

A couple of options for dinner were a short walk up the road....IHOP about 400 metres away was OK. Breakfast was less than basic. A small muffin in a plastic sheath and coffee...thats it. Shuttle guy was very good the next morning and dropped me off in a short time.

Would I stay again (bearing in mind I didn't actually choose to stay here)? Yes, but only if it cost me less than $50. Don't have high expectations and you might be OK.

Room Tip: Ask for the far back corner
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dooragan
Reviewed April 8, 2011

DO NOT SPEND YOUR TIME AND MONEY AT THIS PLACE!!! This place cost way more than what was quoted! Rooms out dated and disgusting. Continential breakfast was packaged muffins and orange juice ... Worst part was trying to get picked up after our trip! We waited for almost an hour. When we 1st called were told "mam' it'll be 20 minutes.. You'll just have to wait!" Never again will we use this place or recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank HawaiianTrav1
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 28, 2011

We literally slept in our clothes because we were afraid of getting bed bugs!The mattress was older than Moses with stains on the box springs. We used the park and ride service and they severely damaged our perfect car (not a scratch or door ding) and denied it. The car radio was on a different channel and believe it had additional miles on it. It is by far the worst hotel or business experience that I have ever had. If they paid you to stay here it still would not be a good value let alone a "best value" inn.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank golfnut52024
Also consider these accommodations in or near SeaTac
Days Inn Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#20 of 34 in SeaTac
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,575 reviews

Been to Americas Best Value Airport Inn? Share your experiences!