“Would not have picked this place!”

Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Silver Spring Maryland
“Would not have picked this place!”
Reviewed March 19, 2006

I stayed here overnight when my flight was changed. The ceiling had stains, the carpet had not been cleaned, the only thing that put this above a basic one star hotel was the signature Clarion "glasses" as opposed to plastic... and decent shampoo...and that was not enough! I was in a room below a hallway ramp so had to carry by heavy bags up and down 4 steps to get into my room. My "basement" view was of the underside of a car's front bumper. The bottom of the tub must have been mildew stained so badly that a quickly cut piece of contact type paper had been stuck in the bottom of the tub to cover the stains.
Sorry, I could not recommend this place!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank takemeaway1127

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed November 1, 2005

My Daughter and I planed a trip to Disney Land and did not want to drive to the airport at 2 am so we booked a stay and park package at the clairion seatac nice desk clerks very helpfull and friendly , clean room , I really liked the free computer use it was very handy to print out our boarding passes and check in to avoid the lines we carried our luggage on the plane, did not get to have the contental breakfast as we left for the airport at 4 am ,

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
home
Reviewed September 10, 2005

Clarion provides shuttle to and from airport. This hotel is sufficient for one night stays awaiting air flights. Nice dining area for breakfast. Rooms normal hotel size. Did experience the hot/cold shower thing though as did another reviewer. Nothing fancy here, but served our purpose. Budget minded may look into this but wouldnt suggest an extended stay. Not near many other sights, restaurants etc. Quite far from attractions in Seattle area. Just a good airport waiting spot.

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank Waneta
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 17, 2005

If The Price is Right is the title I give my reviews when the hotel has meet the basics of what I need as a business traveler but maybe has missed the mark in other ways. Therefore choose this hotel only if it is less then the competition in the SeaTac area

Pros: All the features you expect from a 2 1/2 star hotel plus, free partking, refrigerator a free high speed access. Front desk very friendly and accomadating.

Cons: The hotel is showing its age in carpeting and room decor. It might also expain the cycle of burning hot to ice cold water that would come out of the shower. The recycling pump seemed to have a mind of its own and is the number 1 reason I gave this hotel 2 stars. I dont want to experience that again.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank ganon
Reviewed August 16, 2005

Stayed in this hotel one night to catch an early flight next morning. Thank goodness it was only one night. If you don't mind REALLY dirty hallways and elevators, rooms that smelled like urine, and a pool closed due to dirty water (with band aids, food and hair caught in the drain), then you won't mind this hotel. If, however, you have any standards whatsoever, you will find this hotel unacceptable. Can't believe they are still in business with the condition it is in.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2005

I booked a room on line for a king bed. When we arrived we were given a room with a full size bed and told our booking had been entered inthe computer wrong. My husband found this exceptable but I did not. I went to the lobby to be relocted into another room. The young woman helping me was very nice but insisted there were no rooms available. There was a young man assisting another couple that took the time to help her with my problem. The made a mutual discision to move us into a suite with a whirlpool tub and a king size bed. I found this to be very accomodating and appriciated the help and team work between the two of the to try and make our stay comfortable. Thank you Janice and Richard Gardner

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 14, 2004

I Have stayed at this hotel for some time now and I have never experienced any problems what so ever. The Staff is great and the rooms are above average. I have recomended this hotel to several associates and they have had the same great experience.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member