“very accomodating”

Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Los Osos Ca.
Reviewed August 10, 2005

I booked a room on line for a king bed. When we arrived we were given a room with a full size bed and told our booking had been entered inthe computer wrong. My husband found this exceptable but I did not. I went to the lobby to be relocted into another room. The young woman helping me was very nice but insisted there were no rooms available. There was a young man assisting another couple that took the time to help her with my problem. The made a mutual discision to move us into a suite with a whirlpool tub and a king size bed. I found this to be very accomodating and appriciated the help and team work between the two of the to try and make our stay comfortable. Thank you Janice and Richard Gardner

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Corvallis, OR
Reviewed October 14, 2004

I Have stayed at this hotel for some time now and I have never experienced any problems what so ever. The Staff is great and the rooms are above average. I have recomended this hotel to several associates and they have had the same great experience.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed September 10, 2004

My bet is that all TripAdvisor reviewers had that one horrid hotel experience that moved them to start submitting reviews, and for me that came courtesy of the Sea-Tac Clarion.

Granted, I was in a last-minute hunt for affordable accommodation and the Clarion gave me a very reasonable rate. But I did drive out of my way expecting a decent hotel, and was terribly disappointed. The room was cramped and smelled like an old sock. It felt like a Days Inn or even a Motel 6. How they got the "Clarion" name is beyond me.

I do have to compliment the staff, though. They were amazingly friendly and helpful, even in the middle of the night. Considering that this hotel seems to be heavily used by airlines for their frustrated passengers, that is especially welcome.

If you need a place to crash immediately before or after your flight, this hotel might do in a pinch, but I am certain there are better options out there. If you don't need to be near the airport, steer clear of this area altogether.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Corvallis, OR
Reviewed August 17, 2004

Spent the weekand at the Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport. The staff was very freindly and I enjoyed the facilities. The indoor pool was fun and it was nice to be able to excersise in the room next to the pool so I could watch the kids. Had breakfast in the restaurant and thought it was a good value. We plan to be back in a few months and plan to stay there again.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2004

Don't let the picture on Expedia fool you because this hotel is pretty ugly from the outside. But if you are looking for a semi-comfortable stay at a resoanable price before going back home, this may be for you.

In general, the restaurant closed an hour and a half before the actual closing time and the staff was not particularly friendly. The room was clean eventough the water for the morning shower was lukewarm. The air from the vent blew the curtains upwards. My kids did enjoy the indoor pool and the world pool was nice. I would suggest getting a room opposite the airport since there is hardly any noise on that side.

The bottom line is if you don't have a lot of money, this is not a bad place

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 10, 2004

A very nice Airport Hotel. Located across the street from the Airport. Set back about 1/4 block, so there is little or no traffic noise. Also, no noise from the Airport to speak of. The rooms are very clean, the bathrooms the same. The staff friendly. There is a restaurant and bar on site. Free shuttle serivce to and from the airport. For the price, it is great value. I wll be staying here again.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sparks, NV
Reviewed January 25, 2004

During a recent cancelled flight I had the opportunity to stay at the Clarion. Infact due to the weather the hotel as well as the hotels in the area were packed in. I felt the staff did an extraordinary job at service under the circumstances. The rooms were clean, comfortable and modern. I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member