Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport
$147
Doubletree.com
$67
Travelocity
All reviewsthe light rail stationfree shuttle to the airportseattle airportthe linkroom was clean and comfortableshuttle servicenear airportstayed one nightpickupcruisealaska
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2008

Booked this hotel for a short night before an early flight. Paid less than 85.00 for the night including all taxes. Shuttle to and from the airport was very efficient. The room was clean and the bedding looked recently upgraded. Bed was comfortable. Check in was a breeze, and the desk agent was very nice and had a smile for everyone. Check out was the same, and no problem removing the safe fee from the bill. Left too early to have breakfast. The location is good, right across from the airport. Several restaurants were in walking distance. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lee A
Reviewed May 4, 2008

We live 45 min. drive away and chose this hotel for its indoor hotel and family room size. It was a Special Event Birthday Pool Party for my teenage daughter. I specifically requested a ground floor room near/close to pool area. We got a 3rd floor room farthest building from the pool. The pool spa didnt work. The pool rules had 3 different signs on what age for supervision. We had 2 girls at least 14 yrs and all good swimmers. We were told an adult needed to be accompanied at all times.

I cannot believe a Clarion Hotel did NOT offer an Express or Continental Breakfast of ANY kind. Not even coffee in the lobby. Even Motel 6's have that for 1/2 the price!. The room service and restaurant prices were extremely high considering if you do not have transportation you have few options since there were no local advertisements in the room to order in.

Check out was noon, but the maids were vacuuming at 8:30am. The hotel is in need of some updating. Old musty carpets and hallways have odors and old wallpapers. There wasn't a gift shop or a mini shop for beverages other than coin machines.

We were very disappointed and dis satisfied on such a Special Event. We would recommend for any families, or quality length of stay. Short term over night and only if you have transportation.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank MamaJost
Reviewed April 10, 2008

This hotel room was booked through the website run by an airline travel agency as I needed a place to crash overnight during my 20-hour stopover on the way home from Japan. The cost of the night's stay was about US$85 plus tax. This is a fairly basic hotel so don't expect much. At that price, personally to me it seems a bit overpriced.

Pro
+ free wireless connection
+ free 24-hour airport shuttle
+ friendly and helpful staff

Con
- rooms need better maintenance, both in terms of cleanliness and furnishings
- walls are thin (or people are just loud), so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper
- value for the price is a bit lower than expected

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 11, 2008

Hi I stayed here for two nights as I was in town for an interview. The free shuttle was a plus too and from the airport I give them credit for that. Check in was smooth no issues but the room I had I did. I stayed on the ground floor next to where the maids have their breakroom and boy were they loud all day starting at 6am I speak Spanish and boy did they go on and on about people. Also the place looked pretty run down the carpet was old. My room felt like a coffin as you open the window and all you see is a brick wall if you look straight up then you see the parking lot. Also the A/C heater was high up on the wall. I had to stand on the couch to turn it on and off and that might be an issue for an senior citizen. The bed was ok it had plenty of pillows and the bathroom was clean but the caulking in the tub was moldy. I personally would not stay again there is a Hilton and a Marriot across the street and the neighborhood is pretty scary and run down especially at night I saw what looked like a drug deal going down and if you are a single lady I would be cautious.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Shanester81
Reviewed January 5, 2008

This was the second time we've stayed at this facility. Having read the many mixed reviews, we were somewhat apprehensive about staying prior to our first stay but decided to go ahead a book it because of a very good rate (senior 60 and over), the convenience, and because of airlined credits for Southwest Airlines. We did find that the bathroom could have been given more attention on our first stay, but other than that everything was fine. On our most recent stay we found the entire room to be very clean. In both cases, we had booked a queen but were given a king at the same price ($59 + tax). The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. In fact, on our second stay, my wife managed to leave her cosmetics in her hanging bag in the bathroom. Upon our return home, she contacted Karen at the Clarion who arranged to have the bag shipped to our home address. It arrived expeditiously. I did have one problem I addressed with the hotel both times we stayed which was a $1.50 a night charge for the use of the in-room safe which we didn't use. In both cases, the front desk girls almost embarrassingly told me it was an automatic additon to the bill and they were instructed to remove it upon request. Like myself, they did not feel comfortable with the hotel's practice in doing this. Anyway, if you stay here be watching for it. Other than that, I'd recommend this facility to anyone looking for lodging that is quite convenient to Sea-Tac and at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple