“Good for a one-night stay”

Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Pittsburgh
“Good for a one-night stay”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

First the pros - the SeaTac Airport and Light Rail System are within walking distance of the hotel. Walk less than a block, get on the elevator, cross the walkover, and you're at the Light Rail. Cross another walkover and you;re at the airport.

They offer a courtesy shuttle to take you around, and the driver is the friendliest guy you'd want to meet. The shuttle will also take you the airport.

It has an indoor pool, hot tub, and exercise room.

Now for the cons. There's no free breakfast, which at this kind of hotel, there should be, especially given the location. There's nothing within walking distance. There's a restaurant in the hotel, but it's expensive for this price-point hotel. There's no kid's menu, either, which made it an automatic place to avoid, especially in a hotel priced for families. Odd thing, too, the menu in the hotel room lists a lunch menu, but it's not open for lunch. Go figure.

The closet was barely a closet. It was five feet tall, at best. My suitcase barely fit in it, which made it very difficult to get clothes each day. I could only find anything during the day when the room was bright enough to see in the closet, as the was it faced, no artificial lighting would light it enough to really see in it.

Two key cards and neither one liked to work. Both had to replaced during my stay and still didn't like to work. In the five days we were here, The key card only opened our room on the first try one time. It usually took 4 attempts before it would unlock the door.

Our room was next to a housekeeper closet or maintenance closet or something, so we we woken up nice and early each day when they got to work and started rummaging in the storage closet next door. The walls aren't too thick. It would have been nice to have been able to sleep until 9 or 9:30 on our vacation, but not at this hotel.

The "free" internet is a joke. It's free is you want super-slow internet, and you have to re-enter the pass code every day, even though it never changes. So, even though you haven't checked out and the codes haven't changed, at a certain time of the day (when it's that time), if you're on the internet doing something, you will lose your connection and not have the internet anymore. Whatever you were doing will be gone. You have to go and enter your room number and pass code all over again to get the internet back. Also had to watch a video on Capital One before I could get the internet because they sponsor the "free" internet. That was unreal.

I came here because Best Western was booked. Choice Hotels was having a promotion so I got a really good rate. But, even with the rate I got (which was not refundable), I still kept checking to see if rooms had opened up at Best Western so I could leave here. I would have just bitten the cost to get out of here. It was good for a one-night stay, but no more. Internet is lousy. Can't sleep. No breakfast. UGH

Room Tip: Make sure you're not put near the cleaning supply closet!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
clariongmseatc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your honest input, I appreciate you feedback on the internet and breakfast. True we do not offer a free limited pre-made breakfast that some of the other hotels offer but we do have a sit down cook to order full service restaurant and lounge that provides excellent food and service. As for the internet, I am diligently working on increasing speed and bandwidth. The problem is that during peak season we have sometimes up to 4 people per room with smartphones, laptops and pads that eat up band width and just a couple years ago it would be only one. I should have this issue resolved soon. Thank you for you time I truly appreciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel is across the street from the airport. This means you can walk out of the hotel and access the light rail train system into downtown. This alone makes this a good place to stay.

As for the hotel itself, its fine. Not great, not bad. If you're fussy, you might not like it. However, if you take it for the simple hotel that it is, it should meet your needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
clariongmseatc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your candid review. I hope the next time we can make your stay even better. Have safe travels and hope to see you soon.
Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed In room 329 for one night only but I really enjoyed the cleanliness and the amenities. Excellent shuttle bus service. Better than calling for a taxi. Extremely quite place. Very helpful receptionist. Very close to the train and to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AngelosX
Thank you for your comments, I am glad to heat that you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay. As with all of our guest we hope to see you again soon and have safe travels in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Although the hotel was not situated in the city it was across from the train line, next to the airport and the hotel itself - no complaints at all, reasonably priced, brilliant service and the rooms were great. There was also a great range of facilities, I enjoyed the spa and pool, the free Internet and it was handy to pop up to the restaurant for my dinner. Prices were reasonable and the service, again, was brilliant. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
I am glad you had the opportunity to experience all we have to offer, we get a lot of great feedback from the restaurant and pool facilities. Thanks again and hope you have safe travels.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed In Room 349, Everything Was Clean And Comfortable. Slept So Well I Actually Woke Up Confused Thinking I Was Home. We Did Not Use The Restaurant But It Was Conveniently Located Had We The Time. Loved The Easy Access To The Light Rail. We Were Able To Spend A Good Portion Of The Day Downtown Seattle Due To The Ease Of Access To The Rail...And It's Quick! Will Definitely Stay There Again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review, and I am glad you were able to take advantage of the Light Link Rail to Downtown Seattle, that is definitely one of the biggest assets to the airport and we have received a tremendous amount of great feedback on it. Hope you have enjoyable summer
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very good service! Room was clean almost to the point of over clean! I went to breakfast that AM and came back to room only to find the staff getting it ready for the next guest. They ask me if I had checked out and I said not yet. They apologized and left the room. I guess they are use to people leaving early for the airport and assumed I was one of those people.
Good eating place close too! There was a Denny's just about a half a block away within walking distance. The food there is good too!

All in all, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your comments, I will share these with all my staff to encourage them and let them know how they are doing. Your comments are appreciated.
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We were here with a large group. 38 children, 7 adults. Only 4 adults spoke fluent English. The staff was wonderful. The food was good too. The rooms are in need of an update, but they were clean. Can't say enough about this great staff.

• Stayed August 2013
clariongmseatc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful response. We like to hear that we did our job right and that our guests are happy with our services. My staff works very hard to make sure you are happy with our services and I will pass your comments on to them. Again Thank you.