“tired”

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Chicago
“tired”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The reception is drowsy and the hallways smell and look like they have not been shampooed in over 30 years. This is a depressing place to be at.The room and bed are good but the HVAC system is loud and thermostat controls bad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank luvaysh
clariongmseatc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I appreciate your comments, I will have informed the proper staff so that we can improve on the areas you mentioned. And we shampoo the hallways two to three times per year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel, the night before we departed for a flight out of Seatac airport. Checkin was quick and cheerful. The room was good size and clean, maybe a little tired/dated and in need of a refurbishment, but more than adequate for the night. The hotel is actually behind a parknfly so it is actually several hundred feet off the strip. This definitely makes for a quieter sleep at night. Our room was on the back side of the North end and was ghostly quiet. They gave us a good rate for the room and long-term parking and offered very convenient transfer to the airport early the next morning. When we returned to Seatac at the end of our trip, I called the front desk and asked for a return transfer and the shuttle van was there within 3 minutes. Upon arrival I discovered that I had left a light on in my car and killed my battery. The shuttle driver was Johnny on the spot with a jump and a cheerful goodbye. We travel often for both business and pleasure and have used many different motels on the strip outside Seatac and have seen the good, the bad and the ugly but we will definitely make this our first choice going forward.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rusty_lock
Thank you, we always do our very best to make our guest feel warm and welcome at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Oudenaarde, Belgium
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were there for 2 nights (first and last day of our trip) as a stop for our road trip to Canada in 2011. We were received by a friendly desk clerk, who helped us even when we had problems with our Visa card on our return day at the end of our holiday. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a comfy stay at a hotel near SeaTac airport!

• Stayed June 2012
clariongmseatc, Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your Kind response, I always inform my staff of the performance good or bad in order to continuously improve. Hope you have safe travels in the future
Vancouver BC
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Living in Vancouver, BC, we sometimes find it advantageous to fly from SeaTac Airport in Seattle/Tacoma, and this is where we generally stay overnight (or, as recently, passing through). It isn't ritzy, but it's reliable, clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. The staff is pleasant and helpful. There's a free shuttle to the airport, a guest laundry room, and of course WiFi. The restaurant has a limited menu, but the food is fine. (There are some restaurants in the neighbourhood, but really nothing within walking distance.)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cherns
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I always stay at the Clarion when I travel from Alaska. It is an older property but I have always found my room to be clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is always welcoming and the courtesy van driver is outstanding. There are other choices in the airport area but I enjoy this property and the price is good. I have also had dinner in their restaurant and enjoyed the meal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jnumanager
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Ok, after reading some of the TA reviews on SeaTac Clarion I was concerned about staying here, but at about one-third of the Marriott price (corp rates), I decided to try it for my 1 night stay.

Overall, it's OK to pretty good for a budget hotel. See pictures. Room was good (think older Hampton Inn before renovations). Included flat screen TV, work desk, free WIFI (worked well for me), good heater that was not too noisy, iron and board, hair dryer, small coffee maker, ice holder and real glass water glasses. Did not have microwave or mini-fridge in my Room 250. Things were a bit worn, but all in working order. Bathroom vanity appears to have been redone recently. Bed was semi-firm but with a pillow top pad and full mattress cover. Was perfect for me--not too soft, not too hard. Oh and they had two sets of pillows (2 feather and 2 non-feather)--great for me as I'm allergic to feather ones. Fairly quiet, I did not hear others, but they said it was only 40% occupied the night I was here.

This Clarion does not have free breakfast, but does have a nice restaurant where Clay cheerfully served me a good Mexican omlette and alway tasty Seattle coffee. There was also a nice sized lounge/bar area. Even with breakfast, total cost was far under a c-note.

The pool and work out areas (see pics) appeared clean and up-to-date, however, I did not use them on this trip.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised, and I'd stay here again if needed. Staff were all friendly and helpful. And can't beat the location---could almost walk here from the Terminal---but they do have free shuttle that takes about 5 minutes. It's much farther to the new rental car facility---but you can get back here fairly easily. Parking here is free also.

Would normally be a 3 rating for accomodations only, but with the low price, it gets a 4.

Room Tip: There are several outside doors----park at one near your room. (e.g. Door 6 for Room 250) They sho...