“Special Event Spoiled”

Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed May 4, 2008

We live 45 min. drive away and chose this hotel for its indoor hotel and family room size. It was a Special Event Birthday Pool Party for my teenage daughter. I specifically requested a ground floor room near/close to pool area. We got a 3rd floor room farthest building from the pool. The pool spa didnt work. The pool rules had 3 different signs on what age for supervision. We had 2 girls at least 14 yrs and all good swimmers. We were told an adult needed to be accompanied at all times.

I cannot believe a Clarion Hotel did NOT offer an Express or Continental Breakfast of ANY kind. Not even coffee in the lobby. Even Motel 6's have that for 1/2 the price!. The room service and restaurant prices were extremely high considering if you do not have transportation you have few options since there were no local advertisements in the room to order in.

Check out was noon, but the maids were vacuuming at 8:30am. The hotel is in need of some updating. Old musty carpets and hallways have odors and old wallpapers. There wasn't a gift shop or a mini shop for beverages other than coin machines.

We were very disappointed and dis satisfied on such a Special Event. We would recommend for any families, or quality length of stay. Short term over night and only if you have transportation.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank MamaJost

Reviewed April 10, 2008

This hotel room was booked through the website run by an airline travel agency as I needed a place to crash overnight during my 20-hour stopover on the way home from Japan. The cost of the night's stay was about US$85 plus tax. This is a fairly basic hotel so don't expect much. At that price, personally to me it seems a bit overpriced.

Pro
+ free wireless connection
+ free 24-hour airport shuttle
+ friendly and helpful staff

Con
- rooms need better maintenance, both in terms of cleanliness and furnishings
- walls are thin (or people are just loud), so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper
- value for the price is a bit lower than expected

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed January 11, 2008

Hi I stayed here for two nights as I was in town for an interview. The free shuttle was a plus too and from the airport I give them credit for that. Check in was smooth no issues but the room I had I did. I stayed on the ground floor next to where the maids have their breakroom and boy were they loud all day starting at 6am I speak Spanish and boy did they go on and on about people. Also the place looked pretty run down the carpet was old. My room felt like a coffin as you open the window and all you see is a brick wall if you look straight up then you see the parking lot. Also the A/C heater was high up on the wall. I had to stand on the couch to turn it on and off and that might be an issue for an senior citizen. The bed was ok it had plenty of pillows and the bathroom was clean but the caulking in the tub was moldy. I personally would not stay again there is a Hilton and a Marriot across the street and the neighborhood is pretty scary and run down especially at night I saw what looked like a drug deal going down and if you are a single lady I would be cautious.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank Shanester81
Reviewed January 5, 2008

This was the second time we've stayed at this facility. Having read the many mixed reviews, we were somewhat apprehensive about staying prior to our first stay but decided to go ahead a book it because of a very good rate (senior 60 and over), the convenience, and because of airlined credits for Southwest Airlines. We did find that the bathroom could have been given more attention on our first stay, but other than that everything was fine. On our most recent stay we found the entire room to be very clean. In both cases, we had booked a queen but were given a king at the same price ($59 + tax). The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. In fact, on our second stay, my wife managed to leave her cosmetics in her hanging bag in the bathroom. Upon our return home, she contacted Karen at the Clarion who arranged to have the bag shipped to our home address. It arrived expeditiously. I did have one problem I addressed with the hotel both times we stayed which was a $1.50 a night charge for the use of the in-room safe which we didn't use. In both cases, the front desk girls almost embarrassingly told me it was an automatic additon to the bill and they were instructed to remove it upon request. Like myself, they did not feel comfortable with the hotel's practice in doing this. Anyway, if you stay here be watching for it. Other than that, I'd recommend this facility to anyone looking for lodging that is quite convenient to Sea-Tac and at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank durf1
Reviewed December 29, 2007

Had a flight out of SeaTac and stayed here for one night

Wasnt expecting much and surprise surprise.

This place is not too bad at all.

Although there is a like a stale smell in the room (non-smoking). And when I turned on the heater/AC in the room a funny smell came out of it, but this is an adequate hotel when you are there just to wait for your flight.

Very friendly and pleasant staff.

It is very close to SeaTAC and the complementary shuttle to the airport was responsive and efficient.

I wouldnt recommend for a longer term stay though. But for a short stay while waiting to catch your flight, this place is a good budget option.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank tropicsboy
Reviewed December 17, 2007

I found the Clarion above average from the rest of the hotels in the area! They are redoing the guest rooms, hallways etc. THe restaurant has great service and good food! I would go back and stay there again if I ever fly out of seattle again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank dag2325
Reviewed September 4, 2007

I spent one week here from August 18-25, 2007 and was supposed to have a king suite the entire time but on checking in they had my reservation incorrect and booked me into a standard king room (smoking). The room was dated and smelled like cigars. The next day they placed me in a no smoking king suite, the only difference is that it is larger and the microwave and mini fridge is in an area outside of the bedroom.
This hotel is dated and the entire hallway area including the guest rooms has an odor like stale perfume. The beds are decent but the furnishings are old. You won’t find plasma televisions here. Housekeeping is done daily but prior to my last day I had to call three times to get housekeeping done. I noticed mold on the shower curtain and on the caulking on the tub. There is an indoor pool/spa unattended; I did not use it because the chlorine was over powering. A lounge is provided on the second floor but I did not go inside. If you rent or have a car drive west 1.5 miles to South Center parkway and make a left and you will find decent restaurants in the strip on your right. Travel north 12 miles and you get to the center of Seattle. Interstate 5 construction was finishing up so travel should not be a problem. If you need to stay here one night it should ok as a last resort especially if you want to catch a flight since the airport is five minuets from here but I would not recommend a stay longer than that. If you need to have a business meeting near the airport I would suggest another hotel. We had coffee & tea and pastry in the morning. Most mornings the pastry was stale and one morning I had to have the hotel make fresh coffee because it was so weak. The hotel made sandwiches for us for lunch and after having a few bites I threw it away and went out for lunch instead. If you are concerned with fire protection issues this hotel does not have a fire sprinkler system. Smoke detectors were in the rooms and common areas. The only reason I stayed here was because it was booked by another company I was doing contract work for as well as having a meeting here. A restaurant is located on the second floor and the food would be fair at best and their prices are not cheap. There are two Denny’s located north and south on International drive within a 10 minuet drive so if you want breakfast go there instead. Since there are other hotels in the area I would research them before opting to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business