“No Excuses!”

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Oro Valley, Arizona
“No Excuses!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here on way to Hawaii. Rude Somalian shuttle driver! Smelly hallways. Priced right if overnight stay. Female staff very friendly, helpful. Back from Hawaii, another story. Male desk clerk at midnight says shuttle on way.20 minutes later, called again still no shuttle. Waited 40 minutes only to have shuttle pass me by. The rude shuttle driver tells me I must have called the wrong hotel for pickup. Yeh, sure. Finally at hotel waiting in line 23 minutes. Meanwhile the mae desk clerk is answering the phone and telling customers, shuttle's on its way; or if it doesn't oick you up, it's full and will be there as soon as possible. Meanwhile, the shuttle is still sitting in the hotel driveway! You know the rest...I tell the clerk he should have been honest upfront. Hotel's only 5 minutes away and shouldn't take a 40 minute wait. On a positive note, I did get military rate. A much nicer suite that was clean and comfy. The food at the restaurant is good and the restaurant staff are very nice and friendly as is the Hispanic shuttle driver. Fire the Somalian driver for arguing with the customer and disrespect. Abdi, the manager, was aware of the previous nite's snafu.

Room Tip: Reserve the suite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here on either end of a flight because of an early departure and late arrival. The first room, on the ground floor, had a terrible smell. In retrospect, I wish I'd gone back and changed it, but usually, even rooms that have been smoked in improve in several hours' time. This one was foul and stayed that way all night. I even woke in the middle of the night and my lungs felt cruddy, so maybe there was a mold problem. Also, the bathtub was full of hair.

Having pre-paid my return trip, I was stuck. But I phoned while on my trip and told them of my experience in Room 141. On the return, I was in Room 341. Much better. I would advise anyone to ask for the 3rd floor, which probably have always been non-smoking rooms. The ones downstairs were probably converted to N/S somewhere along the line, but still stink.

The beds are comfortable and the place is safe with decent staff. I'd still look elsewhere for my next stay.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are probably the freshest smelling.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Downstate, IL
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The one review about bedbugs made me a little paranoid, but I stayed at the Clarion one night anyway, after the Packer-Seahawk game Sept. 24. I looked my room over, more so than I usually do and it was very clean. No bodies under the bed, no bedbugs, but I forgot my blacklight. The bed was comfortable.The maids do a great job. My stay was fine and the Clarion honored a corporate rate so all was good. My hats off to Jose at the front desk, he was very helpful with my reservation, and knew all the restaurants within walking distance. I asked about Asian food and he recommended a Korean-Japanese restaurant nearby in another hotel, just a block away, called something like Happy Terryaki. It was very good and reasonable. You are a block away from the light rail terminal at Seatac. The city and it's attractions are just a 30 minute ride on the lightrail for $2.75.. The shuttle was efficient. The building is a bit tired, but I would stay at the Clarion-Seatac again anytime.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 3, 2012

If you have to spend a night by the airport and do not have any other hotel then spend a night here..only if the price is under $100
very dated place, smelly, the bathroom was not good..We would not stay here at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Near Dallas Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was attending a seminar at the Hilton Conference Center, and this Clarion is literally across the street from it. I got a clean comfortable room for less than half the price of a room at the Hilton. The shuttle service to and from the airport was prompt and the drivers were courteous. The bedding and mattress were extremely comfortable.
I couldn't go 5 stars because of the dated decor and the lack of any free breakfast, but really, this was a nice stay. A clean room, helpful staff, good location, and prompt shuttle were all at my disposal at a good price. By the way, they offer an AARP discount off of an already competitive price. This room was exactly what I needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DrMomma
Seattle
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were attending a conference at the Hilton. I woke with what I thought were mosquito bites all over me. When my son found a bug crawling on his pillow, I took it down to the desk at 1AM. They denied it was a bedbug. I came back and found a mature bedbug on my pillow. I checked the mattress--it was crawling with them, and the maids had to have known by all the bedbug feces on the mattress. It looked like they had tried to zip them into a mattress cover, but it didn't keep the infestation contained. I took three bugs down to the front desk in a Ziploc baggy, (but wouldn't surrender the evidence.) They finally changed our room at 2AM--I wanted to go straight home, but my son wanted to attend the last day of the conference. They didn't charge us for the room, but we had to strip on our deck and leave clothing and bags outside in case of contamination. STILL haven't brought that stuff inside the house. Bedbugs survive up to a year without eating, and anything strong enough to kill them is really unhealthy for humans. I would NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want breakfast, you have to pay extra.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank NaomiSeattleSeattle
clariongmseatc, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Bed bugs are a problem that is a fact. They have been found in airplanes, cruise ships, buses the Empire state building, major clothing manufacturing warehouses, etc., etc. They have been located in the best hotels in the world. Fortunately we have had very few incidents with them and I am sorry that this guest had to experience these pests. My staff and I have taken a very proactive approach to this issue (as should all hotels) Housekeeping keeps a vigilant eye out for any tell-tale signs of these insects. On a quarterly basis we rotate box springs, beds and inspect the guest room for bed bugs. My rooms are professionally treated on a regular rotating basis for all insects including bed bugs. However these critters are hitchhikers and attach themselves to travelers suitcases and are travelling the world. Which makes it difficult at best to prevent them. But we do everything we can to keep them out. When any room has a bed bug I spend thousands of dollars not only treating that room but all rooms in the surrounding area as recommended by the professional pest control company that we use as a further preventative measure. It is unfortunate that this happened and they do cause grief and money to hotel operators. But we will as always continue to educate train, treat and inspect rooms to help prevent them. I hope that I can win back this guest in the future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed here for a few days - I will say that is itsn't the cheapest around but it does has some positives. It is clear it needs a revamp - the interiors are showing thier age (such as the carpets). It sadly reminded me of some of the cheaper hotel chains. The rooms themselves were clean, but I would hope thier would be plans to invest in a revamp in the future the next time I stay. Just be aware that the rooms are not soundproof - you will hear the water running from other rooms for example, and if your room is facing the airport, you do hear the road traffic.
On the plus side, the location is ideal. It is right near the light rail station, so if you want to go into the city and don't want to hire a car, it is literally minutes to walk to the station. If you have minimal luggage or want the exercise, you could easily walk to the terminal (probably about 10 minutes walk). There is plenty of parking if you are indeed driving and a shuttle as well. I didn't try the facilities like the restaruant etc. The free wifi is definently appreciated, although it is a little slow at times.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank FlightSaz
Thank you very much for your input. I use this information to help improve my services and product and we understand we may not be the newest hotel but we have clean comfortable rooms/beds, excellent service and a great location. Again thank you I appreciate your business and comments.