“Low end money thiefs DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!!”
Review of Rodeway Inn SeaTac

Rodeway Inn SeaTac
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had stayed here before and it was ok for a low budget. I went back a week or 2 later after booking through priceline and they "renovated" with no postings online or in there building stating that the deposit amount has risen. Whether paying with card or cash they still require 100$ in cash and they wanted to run my card to pull the amount off, well i ended up spending the very last of my money on that room, they could have drawn my account into the negative but some how their system wont work that way. In the end i couldn't stay there and they refused me a refund. Considering the time i stayed before all this, my opinion was still the same. The people are rude, the service was horrible, the whole place smells, the room was smelly, dirty, stained, very old beds and sheets, hard location to find beings how they are in the parking lot of another hotel. This place was overall the worst hotel in the history of hotels!

Room Tip: Quality inn or Comfort inn are great places to stay with awesome service and you still get your choi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alicia D

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Cheap for one night between flights. Free airport shuttle available. Dreary, older 3-storey budget motel. No elevator. When water was on in sink, the pipes clanged. Needs major TLC.
I have stayed at better budget hotels in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Casa444
Reviewed October 23, 2013

attended a convention in Seattle and was traveling with 2 small dogs. In doing research found out that most hotels near Seatac airport either do not allow dogs anymore(other than service) of increased the fees greatly. This place the nightly rate has remained low and the pet fee has stayed low as well. We have stayed here the previous year and noticed the Hotel was in the same bad shape but was under new owners/management and while we were there they were making repairs to the building. in out rooms we notices it was cleaner and better but the TV /available channels was less and noticed some things still needed upgrading but guessing they are working on the structure first. we did notice that security cameras were added and that the surrounding grounds were cleaner and not as many people hanging around. Guessing the pice will go up slightly but will be ok as long as the dog rates stay low.
this is a 2 star motel that is working on improving and so we look forward to next year if we bring the dogs. if you are looking for a place to rest your head and a good price this is for you. no features like other big hotels but no big prices.
you get what you pay for and this place is a great value and will stay here again for sure

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The previous reviews that I read for this hotel made me apprehensive about my stay at this hotel, but the friendly service I received from the time the shuttle picked me up at the airport to check in eased my worries. The shuttle driver was very courteous and friendly, the front desk attendant was very friendly and knowledgeable. The 2nd floor hallway smelt a little musty and could use some new paint. I was pleasantly surprised with my room, as it looked updated. The furniture in my room was modern, It had a nice size flat screen T.V located in a nice cabinet with drawers, there was nice sized desk near the window along with a small table and chairs. My room also included a microwave and mini refrigerator, most importantly it was clean. The only complaint I have about the room was the dated looking bedspread. I didn't have a lot of the issues that others experienced. The hotel location is a big plus as well, it's directly across the street from the airport, and the complimentary shuttle runs every 30min which couldn't be anymore convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jill C
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We quickly upgraded to a room with two beds after seeing (and smelling ) the room with a single bed. The first room smelled strongly of deodorizing cleansers and was small and dark. The room with two beds was better in odor and size. Although the TV had only a few channels with decent reception, it did have a small refrigerator and microwave which worked. The carpets throughout the motel should have been replaced years ago. A continental breakfast is included. The coffee and orange juice are decent but I did not want to try the dry cereal without any available milk or a slice of plain white bread.

On a more positive side, the location next to the airport is excellent as was the front desk service by two courteous and helpful ladies.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kari P
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have recently completed a 62-day trip across America. Of necessity, we stayed at a number of budget hotels This hotel was so bad -- smelly (bags of garbage next to the ice machine), dirty and unfriendly -- that we opted to forgo our prepayment and move to the Clarion next door who told us we were not the first walk-ins from "next door." During our trip, we stayed in small family-owned properties, Motel 6s, Motel 8s, and many other "budget" hotels. All were livable. None were as bad as this. You can get what you pay for, but not here. Save yourself money and agony. Find another hotel!

Room Tip: Avoid all of them!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Renata C
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I saw the reviews after I already made a non-refundable reservation, and thought, "Oh, $#!+!" My apprehension was relieved when I actually arrived. It wasn't that bad. There was a moldy smell in the parking lot and the first floor hallway but none in my room itself. (For the record, I stayed in Room 114 from 16 to 20 Sept. 2013.) The non-smoking rooms are on the first floor and there's no elevator so that's a bonus for non-smokers. Room itself was good quality, contained a microwave, mini-fridge, clock-radio, and hair dryer. Adequate soap and shampoo. A/C worked fine, bed was fine, TV didn't have many working channels, WiFi worked just fine. Breakfast was cereal, milk, OJ, muffins, white toast w/ butter and jelly.

My only semi-serious issue with the place is the long (seems like 10 minutes) walk through the weird alley-like corridor in front of the Clarion parking lot. Other than that it is convenient to light rail and buses. One disclaimer: I'm not a clean freak, so the place could be a little dirty and I wouldn't even notice. It would have to be outright gross before it would faze me.

Room Tip: First floor since there's no elevators. Unfortunately for smokers, the entire first floor consis...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo