“not bad for the money”

Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Beaverton
“not bad for the money”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed overnight to attend Seahawk game so just needed a place to sleep and best price in the area by 30%. Short walk to light rail to stadium. Old and definitely not pretty but worked for me. Skip breakfast go straight to Starbucks.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
hilo
Reviewed August 15, 2013

First the good things: continental breakfast provided (muffins and bread still in the bag,) clean crisp linens, clean enough toilet and tub, back door access to the second floor with no stairs, a coin operated washer and dryer for guests.
Now the rest: This place is filthy, nasty. There were dark mildew stains in the bathroom, the air conditioner chugs so loudly it was difficult to sleep, the laundry room stinks very badly, it has never been cleaned. The mattress was lumpy and needs to be replaced. The front desk needs training... simple greeting would be nice, a reply to "good morning" would be appreciated... instead, I was "shushed" because the operator was on the phone and I was asking his son for assistance with our room key. The next morning, a woman was going over the books with a new desk clerk and neither had time to look up when I wanted to cancel my next reservation. The breakfast room was a joke: a couple of round tables in poor condition pushed up against the large out-door type rubbish can. People were actually joking about the conditions, it was dismal. Breakfast was a tray of muffins in a grimy looking plastic case, and a bag of bread tossed next to it. There was cereal, so badly clumped (about 1/2 filled) that it did not dispense. I reached in from the top with the muffin tongs to get some cereal. There was no hot cereal offered. In the room itself, there was a single bottle of guest shampoo that was half used. No other amenities, no microwave, refrigerator, lotions, iron, not even note paper. My husband has mobility problems so we were pleased that we could drive around back to the raised parking lot. Entering through the back door would eliminate any stairs. We did this, only to discover that the keys did not open the back door as he told us it would. The back door and parking lot were littered and filthy. I called the desk and the owners son came running up to open the door for us. When I inquired about getting in through the back door, (after being shushed) I was told I should call the desk so someone could come and open the door because the keypad was locked. The next morning, as we were leaving, another guest was stuck outside, and he complained that his key would not let him in. When we informed him of the "call the desk" system, he was incredulous and annoyed also.This is the worst of all the Rodeway hotels I have ever visited. It is convenient, close to Sea Tac, and they do have a shuttle. We switched over to the Clarion next door for our next stay, it cost $40 more for the two of us, well-worth it and a far cry from the Rodeway next door.

Room Tip: Book a room next door at the Clarion Inn
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donnaspeaks
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is a somewhat gloomy, older 3-storey budget motel nestled into the Tukwila hillside a 10 minute walk away from most arrival gates at SeaTac. The reason for the gloom assessment is the age, upkeep, and location of the lodging, especially when it's raining or heavily overcast. Rooms get musty, some will even have rain constantly dripping right in front of the window. Twelve of the rooms are actually underground from the upper parking area. The view from these rooms is the undersides of the parked cars. The motel is directly east of the airport light rail station and to walk here from the terminal you will not have to cross any trafficway. Just follow the signs for link light rail in the terminal, cross the pedestrian overpass over Pac Highway, and find the driveway to the Rodeway. My room had both a microwave and a fridge but only one electric socket. I had to choose, so I picked the fridge. Even though my room was non-smoking, the moist air carried the outside smoke through the room window screens. So be careful you're not charged for smoking in the room. My bath sink was clogged and drained very slowly. The few items for the free breakfast were downright scary. They serve orange flavored water, not juice. It was lukewarm. And if the desk clerk is busy on chores, the food area does not get replenished. But the saving grace for this lodging is the low rates for airport parking. I guess if you only do an overnight and can sleep most anywhere, this might work for you. Note that though there are restaurants nearby, none are very close. So if you're returning from town, you might want to eat first so you don't need to backtrack.

Room Tip: Second or third levels. Or lower front.
Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Zoom_Gotti
Alaska
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The shuttle took forever to arrive even though the hotel was less than a half mile away. The lobby was small and lacked decor. Carpets were stained. Cast off furniture was situated in the halls. It was nearly midnight and people loitered in the lobby. I opened the room door, hit the light and shut the door. The door jamb was splintered like someone kicked it open. There was no chain and I had trouble locking the deadbolt. The sink counter was new, the rest was ancient history. Suprisingly, there was nothing under the bed and no hair or dirt in the bathroom. I stripped the bed and found an ancient mattress. Only two hangars on the rod and thin, stained towels. The room smelled like cigarettes. Slept a few hours and went back to the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Seafair week made getting a hotel difficult so I booked the Rodeway by default. There was a musty odor throughout the building and the mattress was decades old. The TV was flat screen but must have been a refurbished enhanced def. because only about half the channels came in even partially clearly and with semi-decent sound. The rest were unviewable The hallway was not clean.

On the plus side the airport pickup was prompt, staff was courteous, the sheets were clean, and the room furnishings were decent. Bathroom also fairly clean. The AC worked fine which was good as it was a warm day. Also the hotel is close to the light rail station. In short I lived through it.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, (joke) Choose 2nd floor as first floor equals basement)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David R
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My companion and I arrived at this hotel and left almost as soon as we arrived. The staff was rude and unprofessional and the room was DISGUSTING. The room number was written on the door in marker and once inside the room was too horrific to stay. There was black mold everywhere! The refrigerator was broken and very dirty. The bathroom was covered in mold and very unsanitary. There was nothing good about the room at all. I will never stay at this or probably any other Rodeway Inn again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Tandro O
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room as a last minute option due to all other hotels being sold out. Now I see why this one still had rooms available...When you walk into the small cluttered "lobby" your greeted by a nasty/moldy smell that I can't exactly put my finger on. The front desk receptionist that checked us in was wearing ripped jeans & a t-shirt btw. So we continue up the stairs(no elevators) to find our room, on our way we see multiple rips in the carpet, trash bags piled up by the ice machines, smokey hallways & a couple rooms have the room number written in MARKER on the doors. Going into the very small run down smoke filled room we first see holes in our curtain with parts of it falling off the curtain rod, BLACK MOLD around the sink & tub with stains on every towel that was in the room. The bathroom light had no type of cover over the bulbs & was visibly raunchy inside with spiders coming out of it. The TV had lines running through the screen on every single channel. Oh and they had a 1970's push button phone if you wanted to call front desk. At this point I finally stopped inspecting everything that was terribly wrong about the room & left. It wasn't worth arguing more about a refund. Do yourself a favor and AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!
I'll be posting pics as well

• Stayed July 2013