“You get what you pay for.”
Review of Rodeway Inn SeaTac

Rodeway Inn SeaTac
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Seafair week made getting a hotel difficult so I booked the Rodeway by default. There was a musty odor throughout the building and the mattress was decades old. The TV was flat screen but must have been a refurbished enhanced def. because only about half the channels came in even partially clearly and with semi-decent sound. The rest were unviewable The hallway was not clean.

On the plus side the airport pickup was prompt, staff was courteous, the sheets were clean, and the room furnishings were decent. Bathroom also fairly clean. The AC worked fine which was good as it was a warm day. Also the hotel is close to the light rail station. In short I lived through it.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, (joke) Choose 2nd floor as first floor equals basement)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David R

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My companion and I arrived at this hotel and left almost as soon as we arrived. The staff was rude and unprofessional and the room was DISGUSTING. The room number was written on the door in marker and once inside the room was too horrific to stay. There was black mold everywhere! The refrigerator was broken and very dirty. The bathroom was covered in mold and very unsanitary. There was nothing good about the room at all. I will never stay at this or probably any other Rodeway Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Tandro O
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room as a last minute option due to all other hotels being sold out. Now I see why this one still had rooms available...When you walk into the small cluttered "lobby" your greeted by a nasty/moldy smell that I can't exactly put my finger on. The front desk receptionist that checked us in was wearing ripped jeans & a t-shirt btw. So we continue up the stairs(no elevators) to find our room, on our way we see multiple rips in the carpet, trash bags piled up by the ice machines, smokey hallways & a couple rooms have the room number written in MARKER on the doors. Going into the very small run down smoke filled room we first see holes in our curtain with parts of it falling off the curtain rod, BLACK MOLD around the sink & tub with stains on every towel that was in the room. The bathroom light had no type of cover over the bulbs & was visibly raunchy inside with spiders coming out of it. The TV had lines running through the screen on every single channel. Oh and they had a 1970's push button phone if you wanted to call front desk. At this point I finally stopped inspecting everything that was terribly wrong about the room & left. It wasn't worth arguing more about a refund. Do yourself a favor and AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!
I'll be posting pics as well

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

After completing a cross-country driving trip, my friend and I met up with her husband in Seattle. As I was flying home and they were driving back across the U.S., we planned to spend our last night together at Seatac. Unfortunately we made the mistake of reserving two rooms at this Rodeway Inn. When we entered the back door of the hotel we were confronted by large smelly bags of garbage piled up next to the ice maker. The hallway carpet was dirty and frayed. The rooms were extremely basic and not clean. There was no ironing board or iron. When I asked for both items I was given a small board with a filthy cover on it. There was no way I would I place my clean clothes on it! We were not impressed with the breakfast "room" which was set up in a corner of the reception area. We suspected that the breakfast would be skimpy and a previous reviewer confirmed that it was nothing to write home about. In the end, we decided we could not stay at this hotel--not even for one night. Luckily we were able to find two nice rooms at the hotel next door. During the 30+ days my friend and I spent driving cross county we stayed at several basic hotels (yes, Motel 6 is better). In all instances they were much cleaner than this place. Do not stay at this Rodeway Inn!! I had never stayed at a Rodeway Inn before and do not plan to give this chain another try.

Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Pros: Free Shuttle, Friendly front desk people, Rooms had clean sheets/bedding appeared vacuumed, TV was new although no they're not setup for HD properly so everyone looks squeezed/oversized.,

Cons: Rooms sort of had a stinky/musty odor that slowly went away went I opened the window/blasted the fan the entire time. Perhaps it was just the basement rooms, my lack of ventilation in the bathroom, not sure. Popcorn ceilings tells me this place has been around for sometime, worn furniture that has seen better days makes, hallways are sort of dimly lit/dingy. Breakfast isn't anything worth staying for. Bathrooms were dirty/some signs of mildew/wear and tear showing.

Overall: Somewhere between 'poor' and 'average' . It's not Ritz Carlton folks so quit whining about your views. It's OK for one day if you can't get any other 3-star hotel in the area for cheaper . More than two days and you may want to consider another location. Better than sleeping on the chairs in the airport terminal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The room quality is just so so, but the price is also very cheap ( 69/night). So it meets our expectation. The location is very convenient, 5mins walk to the sky train. It also has 24 hour free shuttle (that should be expected for all hotels near the SeaTac.)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff was really hard to get in touch with to check out in the morning but the night staff was wonderful. She was awake and talkative. The rooms themselves were updated except that you could only watch one channel on the TV as the others had lines running through them. Each room had a microwave and refrigerator which stood out against the flat screen TV and granite counters. The breakfast in the morning was bad. There was cereal but the milk was hidden, in a secret fridge if you need it, toast and a muffin.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple