“stop-over” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Easton, Maryland
“stop-over”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

after reading tons of reviews we decided on the Sleep Inn. Very close to the airport with shuttle available. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, beds comfy. The only complaint, and it's nominal, is that the coffee at the breakfast wasn't good at all, surprising given this is Seattle. Stayed here going to and coming from Alaska.

Room Tip: fo.urth floor
4 Thank LoriRNMichigan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Korean first
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Needed an airport hotel for an 8 hour overnight lay over on Alaska trip. Found them on line at an excellent price and booked it. Used their 24 hour shuttle. Small clean room with excellent bed, friendly service and excellent very early morning breakfast. Yes the room was small but so was the price and I was solo. This was a welcome relief from the option of hanging at the airport for several hours over night. Good bed and shower + few hours sleep at a fair price. Excellent service during a December near holiday business trip !

Room Tip: Count your blessings here if stuck with a layover
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank william s
Newcastle, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Hotel was very clean and had a free airport shuttle. We called the hotel once we landed and the shuttle was prompt getting to the airport to pick us up. Room was on the small side but was nice. Bed was comfy. Breakfast in the morning was fine; had the typical items (waffles, toast, bagels, yogurt, eggs, only 2 types of cereal, juice, etc.). There is an IHop right across their parking lot, so there's a place close by to eat. The hotels near SeaTac airport are a bit remote, so if you don't have a car, it's nice there's a place to get something to eat at any time of the day or night.

The people at the front desk were nice and got us checked in right away. We had a restful night prior to leaving for our cruise in the morning. This hotel is on the Seattle Express shuttle circuit to get to the port. If you arrange this shuttle ahead of time, they pick you up at the hotel and take you to the port for only $12 per person. Definitely would use this hotel again if I ever venture back to Seattle.

1 Thank arby70
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

I really wanted to like this place, but I couldn't. I would probably give it 2.5 stars if I could. I can't justify saying it's poor...I'm torn.
Trip Advisor let me down on this one.
Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly....

Good: the staff is nice, and tries to be helpful. Not so sure if they all know what they are doing, but they get an E for effort. The shuttle is great. We dropped off our rental car at night since we had a very early flight, and the gave us great directions on where to drop the car off and how to get back via their shuttle. For the morning, you reserve a time on the shuttle and it gets you to the airport in about 15 mins. Easy. The hotel shares a parking lot with a 24 hour IHOP which is convenient for a quick meal. The rooms were clean (which counts for a lot) if not a little small, but manageable.

Bad: The lobby and hallways smell like body odor. It hits you right when you walk in. I was glad to see other reviewers noticed this as well, because it doesn't seem to bother anyone who works there. It is supposed to be a non smoking hotel, however...the room I had smelled like smoke when we walked in and had a variety of burn marks on the furniture and in the bathroom. Do people really smoke in the shower? The staff assured us that no one is supposed to be smoking in the room, but oh well, what can you do? But here is the killer for me. The reason I gave it 3 (2.5) stars. The name implies that you can Sleep here. However, I cannot sleep when it is hot and the air conditioner works on a sensor. Because, apparently unless you sleepwalk, the air conditioner turns off when there is no movement. We called the front desk, they sent someone to look at it ( the same very friendly guy who drives the shuttle, seriously. My dad and I just laughed.) and he played around with it until it went on again. When I asked what happens when we go to sleep and stop moving around the room, he said..."good question, I don't know." Of course, after he left, and we started to go to sleep. It shut off. We were getting up at 4am for a flight, so what else could we do....I just woke up every hour or so because the room started to get hot, and waved my arms around the sensor, and turned the unit back on. Good times!

The ugly: There are some (I counted 3) sketchy people hanging out, or perhaps living? in the parking lot. It was also nice to see a sign a few blocks away reminding everyone that prostitution is illegal. It's an airport hotel, so I guess some of this comes with the territory. It would be nice if they had a security guard, since the lobby is just wide open, but they don't. They do make you ask for a key if you use the lobby bathroom. Good move. I wouldn't want the guy examining his feet in the parking lot to have access to that.

I am really not one of those people who nitpicks every little thing. I stay at no frills places all the time. Read my other reviews, Trip Advisor has always helped me find great places. But when you can't actually get a good night sleep at a hotel, that's where I draw the line. This is my first negative review. I hope it will be my last.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Leesh77
Seatac_SleepInn, Manager at Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear valuable guest,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. We are very sorry that you had unpleasant experience due to the A/C unit. Our A/C unit is connected to the motion sensor in order to save the energy, since Sleep Inn participates in Saving Energy Project. All he had to do was switching the plugin to bypass the motion sensor. We will train our night shift staff how to control the A/C unit motion sensor. For the security, we have 24 hour CCTV cameras and our night driver also patrols our property regularly for keeping our hotel safe. Our housekeepers work diligently to get rid of any unpleasant order if there’s any and our hotel facility is non-smoking. It seems that outside smoking smell came into the lobby. We will discuss this issue with our staff members in order to find the way to block the smoking smell completely. We will always do our best to keep serving our guests with superior service. We hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to SeaTac.

Gee Choi
Monmouth, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Conveniently located near SEATAC, on the same road as you leave the airport. We didn't use the shuttle. My husband and I were traveling with our grandson. So we got a room with two beds. But we were surprised to learn that all of the double bed rooms have "double" beds (not queen size) and the bed was too small for me and my husband, so I shared with my grandson the first night. Next night they brought us a roll-away bed for the child, no extra charge. They told me the hotel was full, but it was quiet on the 4th floor. The room was clean and comfortable. We slept well. The breakfast had lots of options: boiled eggs, link sausages, waffles you make yourself, various muffins and donuts, juices, hot and cold cereal, milk, yogurt, bagels, toast with cream cheese and various other spreads, fresh apples and bananas, and of course coffee, tea, etc. However the breakfast eating area was very crowded. We shared a table with another couple. And brought a tray of food up to our room the next morning. The hotel caters to travelers with a flight monitor in the lobby.

Room Tip: Top floor (4th) was quiet. This is a busy hotel. The view out the backside of the restaurant looks d...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Elaine L
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

First off: not a fancy hotel/motel, but it is clean and service rates very high. Rooms have real coffee makers and small refrigerators (and a microwave as I recall). One feature I loved was shuttle transport to and from any restaurant within two miles, the light rail link station, and, of course, the airport. We used the shuttle to the light rail link for going into Seattle and called for pickup upon our return to the SeaTac light rail station. There is also a Safeway nearby. Another shuttle will take you to a nearby large mall. Room rate also includes a basic breakfast: self made waffles, toaster, hard boiled eggs, sausage, cereal, etc. Good bed.

Room Tip: Away from the main road for more quiet.
1 Thank rodndtube
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed only for 1 night and found a pleasant surprise. Arrived late, still, Crystal at the front desk was extremely kind and attentive. Hotel is simple but in good shape. Got a 2nd floor room, very clean, comfortable bed, basic but satisfying. Breakfast hours are great for early travelers 4:30 am to 9:30 am. Breakfast is just ok. Hotel has shuttle service to and from the airport. It takes no more than 10 mins to be there. Price is fair. Lower than other hotels around, so it was a good deal overall. Hope they keep the hotel in good condition.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple