“Good place to stay for flights or the game”

Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Hermiston, Oregon
“Good place to stay for flights or the game”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I selected this Motel based on Trip Advisor reviews, while planning my trip to a Seattle Seahawks game. I was concerned about proximity to the stadium, hoped for a decent night's sleep, and the added bonus of a continental breakfast.
The staff assured me that the lightrail would be close and that my stay should be comfortable. They were correct. In addition to a decent night's stay, the staff arranged for a shuttle ride to the light rail, making transportation a breeze. The desk clerk even gave us a voucher for a discount toward dinner at the neighboring casino. The room offered fast WiFi. The continental breakfast was hearty. Although the fixtures may be slightly older, the Motel is clean, quiet and comfortable. I would stay here again.

1 Thank OregonTraveller824

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Korean first
WA state
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Fairly quick shuttle pick-up, friendly. No hot water at sink; sink in same room as bed. Pocket/slide door to toilet/shower room. Thin wash cloths, scratchy TP. Good break fast - loved the granola. Best is low rate - $69 senior.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Sleep Inn SeaTac twice in the month of December, first for five nights before traveling to visit family elsewhere in the State, then again for another four nights over New Year's before flying back to Brazil. Both stays were excellent - the hotel is clean, comfortable and a great value for the price, but it was the customer service that set's it apart.

Our flight was delayed in NYC, causing us to miss our connection to Seattle. I knew we'd have to pay for our reserved night, but wanted to make sure they knew we'd be there the next day on a different flight. Not only did they hurry to reassure me that they'd have a room ready when we got there, but they didn't charge me for the missed reservation, something I never expected. It shows that management empowers their staff to make decisions to make the guest experience a good one. That's an important difference in this property. These people seemed to LIKE where they worked!

The entire staff - front desk, cleaning staff and shuttle drivers - are all top notch with some of the friendliest personalities I've come across. Special mention of 'Mary' at the front desk. When we checked out from our initial stay we left behind a small item. She called long distance to my parents home to let us know they had fount it and that they knew we were returning and so would hold it for us to collect then. A fantastic personal touch I really appreciated.

The free shuttle service allowed us to use the Light Rail system to downtown Seattle...saving on parking. The shuttle drivers were excellent and very friendly. Again - above and beyond service that one seldom finds nowadays.

There's a reason this Sleep Inn location has the awards and excellent reviews it does...it earned them.

Yes, there's fancier places out there, but you'd be hard pressed to find one that makes the same level of customer service available to each and every guest.

We WILL be back.

Room Tip: Our first stay we specifically requested a frig/microwave in the room, and the frig was a little lar...
2 Thank Wagi
City of Angels, CA
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed one night in Sleep Inn, because we had a 5.45AM flight from SeaTac. I looked up more expensive options too, but decided to give a try to Sleep Inn. The little hotel was more than satisfactory. It is not a 5-star hotel, but I didn't expect it to be. It was very clean and orderly everywhere; hallways, breakfast room, my room, and shower. A complimentary wifi and complimentary continental breakfast, that was available already 4AM, are definite pluses. The breakfast also included some hot foods like breakfast sausages and waffles. I didn't care for their coffee, but I kept having cups of hot chocolate. The bed was comfortable, there was a good heater in room, and the shower had a good water pressure and hot water. They also had some toiletries. The room had a good modern TV and complimentary HBO. The room was also quiet even though the hotel is next to a highway. We reserved the shuttle to airport for 4.30AM and were promptly driven to SeaTac. Service was friendly. We will stay at Sleep Inn again, if we have any early or late flights. I could recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tramp08
Whidbey Island, Washington
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night taking advantage of their sleep-park program. Out flight left at 5:30AM and it was impossible for us to get there in time staying at home (ferry schedules). The cost for the room and ten days parking was less than the cost of parking in the airport garage and some of the private lots. We were given a spot in their locked garage so were relieved knowing our vehicle was secure. The hotel was clean and well appointed. The room was nice and as the title implies, far enough from SeaTac that noise from takeoffs is not bothersome. The bathroom has only a shower but that is fine with us. Their shuttle runs on the half hour and was good sized (not a minivan like some of the other hotels use). We did not take advantage of the free breakfast but it looked better than some I have seen elsewhere.

Room Tip: If driving, ask for a spot in the locked area under the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mlfricke52
Tremont, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel surpassed my expectations! I was on the top floor and it was a very clean quiet room. The breakfasts in the morning were always stocked and fresh. The dining area was a little small and crowded, so I opted to eat in my room rather than wait for a table to open up. I was there several nights and they cleaned every day. The hotel staff was very friendly and weclcomed me every time I came in the front door. The parking lot is shared with an IHOP so they had to give me a parking voucher to park in the IHOP parking lot, as their own parking lot wasn't big enough. It was that way the whole time. It was easy to get in and out of, right off the main drag so getting to Tacoma, Seattle or the airport was all very easy.(I hate city driving, but this was fairly painless)
The bathroom was awesome! A full stand-up shower (no tub in my room) and a toilet in a small room, with the sink and mirror in the main room area, so the shower didn't steam up the mirror. The price was great for the ammenities and location. I'll stay there again if I get back to the area. There were plenty of electrical outlets for charging devices. The t.v. was a bit small, the wifi was iffy, and my room had the mini pillows that many hotels seem to be moving to, but other than that, no major complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I do not give five stars to a location because it worked out fine for me. I give five stars if the place is excellent and exceeds all expectations. I think it really throws people off to see five stars and then get somewhere and it is 3 star quality. That being said, this was a very decent, affordable place to stay the night before an early flight. It is clean, mostly updated but small. The continental breakfast is adequate. My husband, and I stayed with our two daughters ages 5 and 4 in a two bed room. The bathroom was very small and only a shower. The beds were okay. The service was very accommodating. There is an IHOP in the same parking lot. I would stay there again for a pre-flight stay.