“Always Helpful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Edmonton, AB
“Always Helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

Rooms were clean, staff were always helpful - and useful while they were at it.

Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank frey079

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

I stayed here once about a decade ago and was pretty impressed back then. It’s not quite as good as it used to be but still probably the best budget place to stay near Seattle.

The biggest shortcomings would be the limited number of towels and pillows provided and the ancient TV. The big plus other than price is the epic water pressure in the shower. Location is just a few exits from Seattle, which works well if you’re driving but if you don’t have a car don’t even bother considering this location. There’s nothing really in the area and it’s not the easiest place to find but if you’re just passing through on a road trip or just don’t want to pay hotel prices in Seattle this is a pretty good place. I’ll probably return if I’m in the area and looking to save a bit of money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank cow_manx
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2010

I don't think I could even attempt to explain the madness I've experienced in my 4 night stay at this Motel 6, but I would advise everyone to avoid this hotel.

My husband and I have just gotten out of the Air Force and have traveled across the country to relocate to Seattle. We picked this Motel 6 because they allow pets and it's affordable. During the reservation and at check in I let the staff know I have a cat.

When we walked into the room we were happy to see that it seemed clean and like a good place to stay while apartment hunting. The insanity started on the 1st morning. We received a phone call telling us that we had to move to a different room. When my husband went into the office for an explanation and new keys, the manger complained to my husband that she would have to "hire a carpet cleaner" because we had been placed in a room that was not "safe for guests." She said this with such terrible attitude that my husband had to remind her that we did not place ourselves in the room, her staff did. We were then placed in a substandard room next to the freeway, with a door that had no weather stripping. So we heard the traffic all night. We asked the staff for a new room. The polite evening staff moved us into a nice room. By this time we had already secured an apartment and decided to stay for a week in this hotel while waiting for the movers to deliver our household goods. The second night we were treated to an all night screaming fight by our neighbors. The COPS came by multiple times yet the screaming did not stop until 3 in the morning.

Then, the next morning the real insanity began. My husband called the front desk to let them know we wouldn't need housekeeping for the day (Motel 6 does not use Do Not Disturb signs). We were told that we were REQUIRED to have housekeeping. I immediately called the front desk back and told them that I was not to be disturbed. At this point the clerk tells me he has realized that because we have pre-paid for a week we don't have to have housekeeping. He then proceeds to tell me that there was a problem with my cat because in the past they had an incident with a "cat dying and stinking up the room." I just laughed at him because I felt like I was talking to a lunatic. I told him at this point that we would be leaving the next morning and they would be refunding our pre-paid week. His response was "you don't have to stay." He did not understand or care that he was harassing clean, responsible customers and driving them out.

More crazy things were said during my conversation with the front desk. I was lead to believe that the housekeepers came into our room even though we asked them not to- yet they did not clean. Incidentally, after my conversation with the front desk our keys suddenly stopped working in the door. My husband and I put all of our valuables into the car for fear that when we returned for our last evening we would be purposely locked out or robbed.

Understand that my husband and I are normal, good, friendly guests. We have spent the past 11 days traveling across the county and have had nothing but good experiences at other hotels. What happened here was inexplicable. I don't understand how a hotel could manage to harass their customers, but this one did.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FiveAlive
Albuquerque, NM
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

The motel itself is clean and close to I-5, and is a good value. The key cards would consistently stop working for some odd reason, leaving us locked out of our room at 2 or 3 am and having to make a trip to the office for 2 of the 3 nights we stayed.

The second floor rooms located with a poolview are far from the stairwells, so you are better off not getting one of those rooms.

• Liked — Convenience and value
  • Disliked — The faulty keycards, and intermittent internet access
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank HeyJoe101
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2006

Motel 6 on Military Road was OK. There were 4 of us in 2 rooms. Two double beds per room. The rooms were clean but worn. The bathroom was clean but needed work (broken tiles in the shower). On the plus side were the good water pressure and temperature in the shower. The mattress was good. The sheets and towels were rough but usable. No toiletries so bring your own shampoo etc. They do supply soap.

• Liked — water pressure/temperature
  • Disliked — worn bathroom
  • Tips/Secrets — get a ground floor room so you don't have to take luggage up stairs
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near SeaTac
Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#20 of 34 in SeaTac
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,517 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Seattle South? Share your experiences!