“Great Hotel Near SeaTac” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cedarbrook Lodge

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
Palos Heights, Illinois
“Great Hotel Near SeaTac”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Tired of staying in impersonal chain hotels near Seattle's SeaTac Airport, I was very happy to find Cedarbrook Lodge, one of the most unique airport hotels I have encountered.

Leaving SeaTac Airport, one passes urban sprawl peppered with boxlike concrete airport hotels overlooking parking lots near the airport. After a very short shuttle ride, turning off the main drag suddenly one arrives at Cedarbrook Lodge's beautifully designed, welcoming lobby in the midst of an inviting oasis of verdant trees, water elements, flowers and green manicured lawns. At first glance my husband and I looked at each other asking, can this possibly be an airport hotel??? Sporting warm woods, open spaces and design reflective of the Pacific Northwest, Cedarbrook Lodge is a world apart from a typical airport hotel.

Service at the front desk has always been friendly and helpful; smiles accompanied by pleasant greetings always work wonders for this weary traveler's soul! The cooling drink offered at reception is welcome after a long plane journey.

The hotel provides a courtesy shuttle to and from SeaTac. The shuttle will also take guests to the nearby Skytrain station for transport into downtown Seattle.

Due to airline schedules requiring overnights in Seattle my husband's and my lodge bookings have only involved single night stays at Cedarbrook but we have met other guests who booked multi-day holidays at the lodge for visits to Seattle. I could easily see arranging longer visits to Cedarbrook Lodge as well, particularly with the excellent complementary shuttle service offered by the lodge.

Rooms we have occupied are on the small side but they are beautifully appointed with crisp linens, firm mattresses, good pillows (there is even a pillow menu), a television, desk for tasks plus desk chair, a comfortable chair and ottoman for lounging, good lighting and strong wifi. Perhaps best of all, views from the rooms encompass soothing leafy green trees rather than asphalt parking lots.

Due to airline schedules thus far we have not been able to dine at Copperleaf, the highly rated on-premise restaurant---next time!---but we have ordered room service on several occasions. Delivery has always been prompt and the food has been tasty. Wine selections emphasize good regional wines. One small gripe is that we have had to eat room service meals with one of us seated at the desk while the other one of us balanced a plate while seated in the lounge chair; a folding chair would be nice for couples wishing to dine in the room.

Snacks are provided for guests in the common lounge areas of the lodge. Best of all, complementary small cartons of Haagen Dazs ice cream are available in the lounge areas. That's very thoughtful hospitality!

Our last trip through Seattle we brought large fish boxes with us. For airline passengers in transit there is a freezer storage unit at SeaTac Airport but Cedarbrook also offers guests complementary freezer space for their frozen fish cartons.

Since discovering Cedarbrook Lodge, it has become a welcoming home away from home. We're looking forward to our next visit to Cedarbrook Lodge when overnighting near SeaTac Airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay at Cedarbrook (albeit, as usual, a short one).

It is truly a pleasure having you as a frequent guest and I am honored we have become your home away from home.

Next time you are in residence, stop by the reception desk and ask for me. I'd love to say hello.

In the meantime, on behalf of our entire staff, I look forward to seeing you soon!

Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Eagle River, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

You simply cannot get a better value for the money. And it's impossible to match the feeling of being in a woodsy retreat - only 5 minutes from the airport.
HALF of the reason we stay here, however, is to enjoy a locally sourced meal at the Copper Leaf restaurant, SERVED by our favorite waitress, Toby. Her extensive knowledge of the menu, the subtleties of food flavors and wine pairings, and her knowledge of the chef's creative preparations and intent for the diner experience makes this a do-not-miss experience.
A nice walk along the nature trail and the grounds, and falling asleep to the sound of the birds in the nearby refuge make this our favorite stop.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room! If you want to splurge, get a suite in the Dogwood wing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I ecstatic that HALF the reason you stay at Cedarbrook is for our accommodations and the Lodge itself, but I am thrilled that the other HALF is Toby and Copperleaf.

Thank you for your emphatic accolades. I will not only share your review with our entire staff, but I will ensure that Tobi is recognized for her efforts.

On behalf of our staff (and Tobi), I look forward to seeing you at Cedarbrook and Copperleaf soon!

Scott
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Cedarbrook is an oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the SeaTac area. The staff is as friendly and helpful as can be and the restaurant on site is completely amazing. The grounds are lovely, and the treats of ice cream, malt balls, etc. are a delight. I will not stay anywhere else when in the Seattle area.

Room Tip: Any room is great. Not a large place.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful accolades and for simply taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor.

I very much look to warmly welcoming you back as our guest when your future travels call for a return visit to the Seattle area.

With best regards,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I love this place. It is truly and hidden gem right in the middle of everything! We stayed two nights and it was great! Very quiet, ice cream at your whim, water, snacks all in your building. The restaurant on site was I N C R E D I B L E..OUTSTANDING omg mouthwatering. And Tobi made it all the more so! She is extremely professional and sweet. Their newest wine was great and I bet you couldnt go wrong with any of the fresh inspired food on the menu. Lunch was almost the same offerings and not recommended. Get out and explore nearby if you can, they are in a beautiful forested area which in the spring was gorgeous. Everything was very clean and tidy. Cant wait to go back for a couple days on my way home next year, although i live 1.5 hours away :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Although you live an hour and half away - we cannot wait to see you again as well. Thank you for the incredible review and for your use of such descriptive adjectives in describing not only your stay, but your incredible, outstanding and mouthwatering culinary adventures at Copperleaf.

Rest assured I will not only share your review with our entire team, but specifically with Tobi! Thank you for recognizing her efforts. She loves her job, and it shows.

See you soon!

Bellingham, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

To echo what others have said, this hotel used to a retreat center and has beautiful grounds and the feel that you are far away from SeaTac. We typically stay here before flying out on an early flight and love the fact that we can get a good night's sleep and and feel pampered. To anyone with families...they have complimentary goodies in each unit lounge and my kids love loading up on malt balls or Hagen Daz ice cream. They even have a pillow menu. Great place!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank your for taking the time to post your review of your Cedarbrook experience on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate all your kind words.

I hope to see you soon. We will keep the malted milk balls and Hagen Dazs ready for the kids.

My best,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Out of the ordinary place to stay with unexpected offerings to feel welcome. Each building has an open room with yogurt, ice cream, snacks and water for guests. The staff provides exceptional service right down to the groundskeepers. The rooms are quiet, squeaky clean and the beds are comfy dream makers. The gym is well lit with up to date exercise equipment. Breakfast has a decent offerings to satisfy different tastes. It is located in an unexpected neighborhood minutes from I-5, Southcenter Mall with an abundant selection of restaurants and stores. Stay there and unwind. It worked for me.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review and great rating. I am really happy to hear that you discovered a zen like quality of peacefulness and relaxation while in residence at Cedarbrook.

On behalf of our entire staff, I do hope we have the opportunity to warmly welcome your future return.

My best,
Green Valley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

What a sweet surprise! I travel through Seattle regularly and decided to give the lodge a try given Trip Advisor recommendations and previous dismal stays at other hotels near the airport. It was amazing - from the attentive van driver, welcoming staff, amazing restaurant with a wonderful waitress, comfy bed, beautiful grounds, great gym and I never heard a jet although it is very near the airport. I will definitely stay there again and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for finally giving our Lodge a try. On behalf of our staff, I too am glad you did. I very much look forward to you staying with us again when traveling through Seattle.

In addition, I am most grateful for your great review and rating - thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.

See you soon!