“Complete place to unwind”
Review of Cedarbrook Lodge

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
honolulu
“Complete place to unwind”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Secret place in the middle of (secret) nowhere. Close to Seatac and public trans to explore and be adventurous. Property has appeal and ambiance. Staff is helpful and rooms are creatively classy. The complimentary hagen daz ice cream and snacks just totally add to the experience.

This will be the only place I stay

Room Tip: All rooms are good
Green Features: "GREEN" or Environmental soaps and shampoos are a great idea. I am not a "have to buy a name brand shampoo or soap" person. This method aids in "saving" the environment.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gogo4qt
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you discovered our secret hideaway...less than one mile from SeaTac International Airport.

On behalf of our staff, I look forward to you staying with us in the future should your travel plans call for a return visit to the Emerald City. In the meantime, we will keep the freezer well stocked with various flavors of Haagen Dazs.

My best,

Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was our second stay at Cedarbrook Lodge - first stay was back in 2012. This time around I booked the stay for myself and family and stayed in the Spruce building for 3 nights. Upon arriving, there was not one parking spot available on the entire property (not even valet) due to a conference. We had to park on the street leading to the hotel and had to unload our car and haul everything to reception in the rain. Hotel parking is $15. per night. Check in was quick and easy and the staff was personable. The room - everything was fine with a few exceptions. The ottoman for the chair appeared dirty and had noticeable stains; the mesh sun shade was missing from our window, only the blind was available; the shower had black stains (mold?) below the soap holder. There is a Keurig coffee maker in each room but we had to hunt down housekeeping each day to supplement the two creamers that were left. The community living room, where snacks for guests are offered (candy, ice cream, chips, water, yogurt, cheese, fruit) was nice, but could not turn on the t.v. without the remote control. The breakfast was just okay and had limited variety. The grounds are nice and quiet even though the airport is close by. Overall, the Cedarbrook Lodge is a nice place to stay with the added amenities that are offered, but in my opinion did not match the level of our previous stay. When visiting Seattle again, we would probably choose a hotel in the city center. While definitely a nice place to stay, I feel a "very good" rating for this visit might even be a little strong. Safe Travels!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Artwrk
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your feedback and for returning to stay at Cedarbrook Lodge. While it is always wonderful to hear and read such wonderful accolades, it is truly the constructive comments such as yours that help us to improve.

Please accept my apologies for the rare situation in which no self-parking was available (parking is always available in valet), but moreover, for our failure to meet your expectations overall.

In the past nine months, we have made many improvements to our guestrooms: All new carpet, beds, bed linens, blinds, granite desk tops, coffee makers, coffee service, all new guestroom amenities (receptacles, ice buckets, glassware, blotters, compendiums and more). In the upcoming 90 days, we will be replacing all guestroom chairs & ottomans, as well as new guestroom corridor and stairwell carpet.

I do hope you provide us with another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was so beautiful and nothing was left to chance!!! Very well planned and executed. Don't be worried about location. Couldn't be more beautiful or well located for access to airport. Not really a kids place. Very posh and food is for more refined tastes so kids would likely be bored.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WSM2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for the great five star rating.

I certainly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cedarbrook Lodge in the future!

Regards,

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Rescued from the airport after a full day of travel torture. The bed is such a great nest. Love the big, weighty body pillow and the assorted head pillows with sachet offerings. Breakfast was so tasty, as usual. Can't wait until next time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank josanpu
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear about your full day of "travel torture"; however, it does sound like you found a glimmer of rejuvenation at our Lodge.

I am really happy you felt spoiled. Please reach out to any member of our staff if we can enhance your stay with us in the future. And I too, remain at your service.

Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We booked a mystery hotel on hotwire for one night as we came in very late from NYC. We were a little apprehensive when the shuttle drove down a dark street with messy yards on both sides. We were thrilled when we pulled up to the lobby. A beautiful northwest lodge spread out in front of us. The architecture is lovely, the rooms are well-appointed, the free breakfast a plus and the lounge in each wing with free yoghurt, ice cream, fruit & chocolate covered goodies is a unique touch.
We left for Seattle downtown for a few nights and then came back to Cedarbrook and stayed for more than 2 weeks while we searched for a pied-a-terre on Bainbridge Island to search for our perfect retirement house. We would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Seattle area for a business meeting or overnight stay in transit. Truly a hidden gem.

Room Tip: We had a couple of different rooms and they are all quiet, except for a little airport noise in the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lmaussie
Dear Guest,

It was truly our pleasure to have you in residence for a prolonged period of time. Sometimes when you are a provided a "mystery hotel" on some of the online booking sites, you simply never know what you will get.

I am overjoyed that you discovered a gem in Cedarbrook and that we exceeded your every expectation. I am only sad that you will be retiring on Bainbridge Island, so we will not have the opportunity to serve you in the future (at least not as often). I do hope that your house hunting was successful and that we have the opportunity to see you again.

My best,

Iowa
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had a business meeting here and I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful a place this was right in the middle of the SeaTac neighborhood.

They provide shuttle to and from the airport and once you pull into the drive way - you are in a lodge - surrounded by green and trees. There is no sense of this being an 'airport hotel'. It is open, modern and beautifully maintained. The rooms are not large but are clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. The bed was great.

Our meeting room was everything you could hope for, the staff was helpful and professional and the AV equipment worked great.

The restaurant was very nice but the menu was a bit esoteric and a little expensive. It was very good but I can imagine that it would not suit all tastes or pocketbooks and there wasn't a more casual alternative available.

If I was coming to Seattle for vacation - I'm not sure I could see staying here. It is beautiful but it is still in the airport area and there are so many areas with more personality and access. However - if I ever have a need for an overnight stay close to the airport or for a fly-in type of business meeting, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank freetr
Dear Guest,

I am glad that your meetings and overall experience at Cedarbrook Lodge were fantastic.

As an alternative to Copperleaf, our signature farm-to-table restaurant, we are continuously evolving our lounge/bar menu to provide a greater variety of salads and sandwiches - in an effort to at least tempt every palate.

Thank you for the great review and rating on TripAdvisor. I hope to see you again in the future when your travel plans call for a return visit to the Emerald City.

Birch Bay, Washington
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My hubby and I recently visited Cedarbrook Lodge for a weekend getaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary and to "recharge" our batteries before the hubub of the holiday season hits. We were very surprised by the location of the lodge - located in a residential area, close to the airport, but feeling like you in a woodland retreat somewhere!

We were a late arrival, but the check-in process went very smoothly. The front desk clerk was very friendly and answered all our questions and gave us lots of good information. She did ask what brought us to Cedarbrook and we told her the reason for our visit. She gave us a lot of suggestions for activities in the area during our stay. She also told us that if the hotel knows in advance that it is a special occasion, they like to provide a little amenity upon arrival, but since we were so late checking in it wasn't possible for that day. She did say that someone would bring something by the room the next day, but that didn't happen.

The room was beautiful, albeit small. My only "complaint" about the room, itself, was that it was SO cold when we first got there! I realize the hotel doesn't want to heat empty rooms but I hated walking into an icebox! The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very quiet. The coffee maker is a Kurig and you only get enough coffee for two cups, but if you call down to the desk they will bring you more. We left a note for housekeeping to leave us six coffees and there didn't seem to be a problem with that.

If you are a hearty breakfast eater, the complimentary continental breakfast probably will not please you. However, I was quite satisfied with it. I was able to get a bowl of hot oatmeal with a variety of different toppings. There were three juices, yogurt, fruit, several bread items, meats and cheeses, etc. Much more than what I was expecting.

Check-out was easy peasy. We woke that morning to find our bill had been slid under the door. We loaded up the car, called the front desk, told them we were leaving, left the keys on the table and drove away.

We are already planning a return trip in the late spring. I would love to see the grounds that time of year. Oh, one more thing, there are umbrellas placed all over the hotel for guests to use for the duration of their stay!

I knocked off one star because there are no luggage carts available and the property is pretty spread out. It can be quite a hike from where you park to where your room is located, so plan on taking a few trips to get everything to your room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DeeG62
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay at Cedarbrook. I truly appreciate your kind words and comments.

Typically, our guestrooms are set at 70- degrees (summer or winter), so it would be my assumption that we had a slight faux paus...your experience in this regard was very much the exception and not the rule.

I do hope we have the opportunity of having you stay with us again in the future.

Regards,