“Airport hotel that feels like a resort!”
Review of Cedarbrook Lodge

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have only good things to say about this hotel. We chose it because it was close to SeaTac for our flight but I would have stayed there for a vacation! Rooms were very comfortable and spacious. Well equipped with desk too. Loved the "hospitality room" and its goodies. The bar was very convivial with great specialty drink selections. And the restaurant was truly fabulous. AND the staff was great...all of them!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank joan c
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for the great rating and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. The kindness of your words and the fact that you recognized our staff is appreciated.

Thank you for staying at our "resort", I hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Cedarbrook Lodge

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our daughter selected Cedarbrook for multiple reasons for her dream wedding and reception. Such reasons as the decor, the food, the helpful staff and it's location for out of town guests. Everything went as planned. Beautiful ceremony, the food was excellent, the DJ and rented dance floor was awesome and all the guests raved about the food and the beautiful facility. However, the evening ended on a huge sour note. As guest returned from the dance floor at the reception their drinks had been picked up by the wait staff so they had to repeatedly get new drinks at the bar. Then the open bar closed early and the bartender refused to serve a few guests, dispite the fact those guests had booked rooms so they could drink and have a fun time at the reception. None of the guests were rude, disruptive or in anyway causing any problems. My brother in law, a retired police detective, commented that the guests were in no way at any time the least bit out of line. Although we had reserved the reception room until 11:00 pm, the staff started breaking down the tables at 10:15 pm. This caused the remaining guest to leave early thinking the reception was over. Several guests overheard the
bartender earlier stating that if he "shut down the bar early the staff could be out by 11:00 pm", which I believe was the case. Also earlier, after dinner, the kitchen staff were seen at the buffet tables filling up plates for themselves. A few days later when I met with the coordinator about these issues I was told "sorry" and no other resolution was offered. What they wanted was immediate final payment on the bill. No apologies for the poor customer service, no offer to adjust the bill, no follow up - even after I personally met with the events planner several days after the event about my concerns. What started out as a wonderful day ended on a huge sour note. Several guests did cancel their rooms and left the lodge as a result of the staffs' actions and attitudes. I was the one paying for the reception and at no time during the reception was I talked with directly about any concerns from the Cedarbrook staff. I was however called by the accounting office a week later to come and pay the final bill immediately, which I had never received. I paid the bill and asked for a receipt. I was told it would be sent to me.The receipt was later sent to my daughter's address from the accounting office despite the fact the accountant had my e-mail address. Even if that information had been misplaced, they had called me to pay the bill yet did not call as to where to send the receipt. I've given the events coordinator a week now and still have not gotten one call, a note or a letter of apology, no refund, or no follow up as to what has been done concerning the issues we had with the staff that evening. I believe nothing was or ever will be done. The bill is payed and that is all they care about. This has been one of the worst customer services I have ever received. I would not recommend this facility for anyone considering having their wedding or reception here. Beautiful site and facility and excellent food however, if you plan on your guests having a good time - go elsewhere. It was a very expensive reception and not worth the poor customer service or having a sour ending to what should have been a happy memorable day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
14  Thank Kevin R

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for posting a review of your recent experience regarding your daughter's wedding. As I am sure you can imagine, based upon the thousands of reviews on TripAdvisor alone and the the fact that we are privileged and honored to host more than 60 weddings a year and create memorable experiences - I am perplexed, disappointed and saddened to read your many comments. None of your less than positive experiences are indicative of Cedarbrook Lodge, our staff or our commitment and dedication to all our guests.

Unfortunately, based upon this post, I am unable to glean your name, contact information nor your daughter's information as it is not a matter of public record on TripAdvisor.

Rest assured that I have already begun the process of attempting (with the limited information I have) to learn more about your experience and am dedicated to learning more, taking corrective action as necessary, as well as attempt to regain your trust in who and what Cedarbrook is.

I respectfully request that you contact me directly at sostrander@cedarbrooklodge.com or at 206-214-4120 so I many have the opportunity to learn more.

With best regards, I remain at your service.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our second stay here in 12-months for meeting of regional conference. You'd never know it's just minutes from a major airport. It's like you're at a mountain lodge with trendy designer rooms. Quiet. Floor to ceiling window, built-ins, super comfy bed (and pillow menu!) great bathroom, e.g. a tub worthy of soaking in. And did I mention the food? The included breakfast spread they put out is amazing (smoked fish, salumi platter!) and the 'living room' spaces in each building have fridge stocked with Haagen-Dazz and a groaning board full of sweets. Beautiful grounds, friendly staff. I'm hoping for more conferences there soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan A
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you discovered us and that are becoming a frequent guest (if even for meetings/conferences). Hopefully, in the future you will have the opportunity to stay with us for some rest & rejuvenation in the future.

Thank you for your kind comments, great review and four star rating.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here six weeks ago when I was in town for a reunion. My overall experience was wonderful. I was traveling alone, had never been there before, and was so pleasantly surprised. You don't feel at all as though you are near the airport. The restaurant was wonderful too and I ate there several times.

I am from Seattle originally and still have family and friends there, and this is my new base of choice when I visit. It just feels different than the usual hotel experience, more like a lodge, a getaway. I'm a fussy sleeper and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on. They have pillows for every taste too.

The room was lovely, big windows, tasteful decor, the grounds gorgeous. The ''living rooms' in each building are a great touch, complete with good snacks, as the other reviewers mentioned.

The shuttle service is a nice feature, and they will even take you to the light rail station if you want to go downtown and avoid driving (which is good to do, as Seattle traffic can be dreadful).

I really look forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bgraceg
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

YAY! I am very excited that you had a wonderful experience and that Cedarbrook is your new home away from home.

Since you are from here, I presume you will visit often? On behalf of our entire staff, I look forward to warmly welcoming you back to your new home again, and again, and again.

Thank you for the great review and five star rating.

See you soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I celebrated my 40th birthday in Seattle and stayed at the Cedarbrook Lodge. It was wonderful My family had arranged for the hotel to have a birthday cake and flowers in the room and the hotel staff signed a birthday card for me. It was such a great touch. The staff was wonderful and very pleasant and the grounds are wonderful. The restaurant bar was fabulous. I can not say enough great things about Cedarbrook!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pastapetal
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

And once again, on behalf of our entire staff, we wish you a Happy Birthday!

I am so glad you were able to spend your special day at Cedarbrook and am happy that we were able to be a part of your 40th birthday celebration.

We hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had an absolutely wonderful stay here. We stayed for three nights and it was best way we could have ended our vacation. I liked the history of this property (former bankers retreat/training center it seems) and what they've turned it into now, a great place to stay, relax, enjoy your surroundings and more. At times it felt a little sterile, but you know wasn't a bad thing.

My young children thoroughly enjoyed this place even though there was no pool (which does change the dynamic of a place). How could they not enjoy it? I mean the grounds were beautiful to go on walks during the day and at night...and the front desk had plenty of games you could check out to use on their greens. My son met up with some other children (not many staying there at all) and played some football out there. You know even though we saw maybe 8 other children during our three days there, we didn't feel out of place with ours there...
Other things my children, and I, enjoyed were the lounge area stocked with endless supplies of chips, yogurt, malt balls, cheese sticks, ice cream, water...yummy!! Only suggestion here is to have something for those who are allergic to dairy- sorbet would be a nice touch.

The room was amazing!! Spacious for sleeping, lounging, luggage storage...just perfect. The bathroom and the toiletries provided were great, and the bathroom tub was one I actually felt safe to take a bath in (so clean, as was the whole property). The view from our room was beautiful (woods/pathway) and loved the fact the windows opened to let in some fresh air.

The breakfast served (came with the room, no extra cost thank you!!) was amazing!!
I think I've said amazing a few times here, but it was. The variety of food (and healthy at that) was plentiful, and everything was so good...homemade muffins (wow so good!!), fresh fruit, etc.. My children wished they mixed it up just a bit and maybe offered pancakes or french toast, or maybe a little bacon one day...but they still found plenty of food to fill up on.
We ate dinner at the restaurant (Copperleaf) once, and opted to sit outside. Service was a tad slow, but was friendly enough. The longer wait than expected for our food was worth the wait, the food was SO good...we were ordering off the bar menu, so nothing elaborate but delicious and reasonably priced.

We used Cedarbrook as our base to go to Snoqualmie Falls (highly recommend!) among other nearby locations. We had a rental car part of the time and also used the complimentary shuttle (slightly slow one time) to get to the airport to use the Light Rail. If we're back in the Seattle area I know where we'll be staying...Cedarbrook Lodge!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lovetotravel001_9

Dear Guest,

I am overjoyed that you ended your vacation at Cedarbrook and that the entire family...even your children, had a great time.

In the summer, when the weather is more conducive, we have many outdoor games (croquet, badminton, boche ball, horseshoes and more...

I truly appreciate your detailed review and do hope we have the opportunity to welcome your entire family back to Cedarbrook again. We will also keep our livingrooms fully stocked and look into adding some scrumptious sorbet to compliment the variety of Haggen Dazs selections.

See you again when you next visit Seattle!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Cedarbrook lodge is a step up from a nice hotel. Very modern and upscale, very nice restaurant, meeting rooms, comfortable lounge areas. Also, conveniently located across the street from Sea-Tac airport. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SteveGHouston

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and great rating based upon your Cedarbrook Lodge experience.

I am glad that we exceeded your expectations and you found us to be a step above most other hotels. I look forward to your staying with us again in the future.