“Secluded oasis by airport” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Secluded oasis by airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Would highly recommend to anyone flying into Seattle or even just staying near Seattle. This was one of the most homey ,comfortable, and clean hotels I have been in.I dont usually write reviews but when you stay somewhere like this its hard not to give it the most outstanding compliments or you feel like you're keeping a secret! The living room area on each floor was cozy with complimentary snacks and was great....

• 5 of 5 stars
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your Cedarbrook experience and for posting it on TripAdvisor - especially since you typically do not write reviews as you mentioned.

I am really glad you had a great stay and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booked this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor, and boy did it pay off! Great place to stay if you need to be close to the airport - it's an absolute oasis. Grounds were immaculate, and the hotel itself was simply beautiful. The rooms were very nicely equipped and the bathrooms very large. Also loved the public living room areas in each of the hotel's wings, where guests could indulge in complimentary sweet treats, as well as water, chips and yogurt. I would definitely stay here again should the opportunity arise.

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled you discovered our SeaTac Gem! Thank you for the wonderful review and the great rating. We too, are a fan of TripAdvisor - it is a great resource for travelers and allows us the opportunity to further interact with our valued guests.

See you again soon!

My best,

Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Too bad that I had only a one-night stay at this hotel (between two flights)! The free airport shuttle took me to the hotel within less than 10 minutes. Reception was very friendly and professional. Spacious, clean and well equipped room (Starbucks coffee, lots of amenities). Free WLAN. (Continental) Breakfast was included im my really reasonable rate. I have stayed at several hotels in Seatac and Seattle before, this one is now my first choice. It is not only a "Lodge", it is also a resort, located in a very nice park. I felt comfortable from the first minute on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am really you had a nice stay and felt at home or comfortable from the minute you arrived at Cedarbrook - although your stay was very short.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a longer stay.

Regards,

Ephrata, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Recently spent a few nights here for dental meetings. The facility is gorgeous and it was genuinely hard to believe I was so close to the airport. The complementary treats were impressive (chips, oranges, malt balls, several kinds of Haagen Dazs . . .) as was the food for my conference, the breakfast, and what I got from room service. I like to eat. :-) Thankfully, I also like to exercise- the fitness center was really nice. Lack of pool/spa is kind of an odd omission, but not something I often use so I didn't miss it.

Green Features: They seemed really in touch with the environment. The whole place was very "green".
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am hopeful that your meetings were successful.

It is a pleasure to let you know that we will be breaking ground in mid-December on a full service Spa (six treatment rooms, sauna and three manicure and three pedicure stations), as well as an exterior whirlpool. We anticipate opening in early June. Seemingly, great minds think alike.

I do you to see you again when your future travels bring you back to the Puget Sound area.

My best,

Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

It's really hard to believe this beautiful, peaceful hotel is minutes from Sea Tac airport!

Rooms are spacious and beds are extremely comfortable. The tub is large and the shower is the best I've experienced at a hotel.

Complimentary breakfast offers delicious muffins and yogurt and granola, along with smoked salmon and capers! I didn't get to dine in the Copperleaf restaurant but the lounge food was amazing. (The 'tater tots' are a must!)

The 24-hr hotel shuttle took me to the light rail on which I rode into downtown Seattle. I didn't even need a car most days! So that saved me $$$ on car rentals and parking expenses. For the one day I needed a car, the shuttle took me to the rental counter at the airport in the morning and picked me up later that night when I returned the car.

The staff offered tips on what to see in Seattle and how to get around. Everyone I encountered at Cedarbrook Lodge was so nice. They all seemed to take pride in their hotel and taking care of its guests. I have to mention that I was traveling alone for the first time and had general safety concerns about staying in the SeaTac area. Cedarbrook staff accommodated my request for a 3rd floor room, and key cards are necessary for the various buildings; I felt comfortable staying here by myself.

Since I was catching a late flight out, after I checked out on my last day I hung out in the living room and enjoyed the fireplace and free snacks while watching TV. I also had access to the fitness center to shower & freshen up before leaving.

There was one day when it rained so hard and the winds were so strong, I stayed in the hotel the entire day. This is such a wonderful, comfortable hotel - I didn't mind at all!

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Although you experienced one day of very heavy rain and were forced to stay indoors at our Lodge, I am glad that you had a wonderful stay. It was certainly our pleasure to ensure you had a relaxing stay and that your needs were met to the best of our ability.

Although you are from Florida, we would warmly like to welcome you back to Cedarbrook Lodge when your future travels bring you back to the Pacific Northwest.

arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a king, non smoking room. we reserved it so we could rest from jet lag resulting from trip to Asia. The room rate was about the same as other hotels in the area. the guy who checked us in was exceptional, the place was very clean, grounds are well kept and attractive,self parking is $15 per day, our room was small, bathroom was large, floor to ceiling windows are nice (if you have a view), need to reserve dinner early if you want to eat a moderately high priced meal,we did not think receptionist at dinner had a good attitude, common living room is a nice concept and well done..would stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view, close to entrance. we were as far away as possible from entrance.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review and great rating on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate you recognizing the efforts of our staff - I will certainly share a copy of your review with our entire team.

I hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights here as a stopover on a longer trip. We didn’t have a lot of time to enjoy the hotel grounds itself, but they left a very good impression.

I understand the property was formerly a training center for a large financial company before being converted into a hotel. The layout of the hotel into smaller buildings gave it a nice informal vibe I thought. In the lounge area of each building are complementary water, chips, fruit, chocolates, yogurt, and string cheese. A welcome treat! Our king room was clean, comfortable, and modern.

The airport to hotel shuttle seemed to take forever to arrive (around 45m IIRC). The other direction was much better because you could pre-book a departure time with reception.

We did visit the bar area for a late evening meal one night. The menu selection was limited, but the food was good when it arrived.

Oh, if you are arriving by car and happen to have a GPS with slightly out of date maps, don’t expect to be able to find the property by name. You might also find that if you don’t have a working phone or an address to enter into said GPS, and you stop at various places to ask for directions, they will have no idea where the place is. Now who would do that? :)

It really is a hidden gem and I would definitely recommend a stay here.

Dear Guest,

Although you had great difficulty finding us via the GPS you were using, it sounds like such challenges were well worth it; up to and including the complimentary snacks and beverages.

I really appreciate your kind words and would very much enjoy the opportunity of having you stay with us again when you can enjoy the grounds more than you were so able on this visit.