“200 dollars for a room next to the elevator shaft?”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cedarbrook Lodge

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
Olympia, Washington
“200 dollars for a room next to the elevator shaft?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Asked for a quiet room, given the shaft. With wedding party and conference goers we only were able to sleep a few hours midnight to around 5am given the noise of the elevator, people talking and suitcases rolling across the elevator metal threshold.

• Stayed August 2013
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments. Although your pun made me chuckle about being given the shaft...without a doubt, I understand and can appreciate your inconvenience.

Would you be so kind as to contact me when traveling to Seattle the next time, I would like to personally ensure that we have the chance to recover from your experience and further ensure your trust and loyalty in Cedarbrook, and the true Northwest hospitality that we try to deliver to all guests. Every guest, every time. I can be reached directly at sostrander@cedarbrooklodge.com.

Cedarbrook Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Stunning fall foliage. Superb food. Great rooms and walking areas. Common areas are stocked with premium ice cream in individual serving sizes. Very convenient to SeaTac airport. Scenic grounds even on a rainy day.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your "special" experience on TripAdvisor. It is always humbling and rewarding to hear of one's great experience. Not to mention, that I get to enjoy the surroundings and foliage each and every day...so I can truly appreciate all that you experienced during your stay!

See you again soon!

Regards,

Germantown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel met all of our expectations. We experienced excellent staff from the front desk to the waiter! We were grateful to be able to check in early! We really felt relaxed from the minute we entered and were shown to the room and the wonderful snacks !! Stay here and you will not regret doing so.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful and relaxing stay while in residence at Cedarbrook Lodge, after your long flight.

Most of all, I enjoyed reading that you were warmly welcomed to your home away from home. I appreciate you posting a review on TripAdvisor of your experience and will certainly share your comments with our entire staff.

I hope to see you again, soon!

Coral Springs, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I booked our stay with Cedarbrook Lodge through Hotwire so I really didn't know what we were getting. We were so surprised when we drove into the complex. It was very pretty with lots of foliage. Checking in was a breeze with the very friendly front desk. Then she began to tell us about the amenities. WOW. When we got to our room, we found it to be very clean and updated. The bathroom was very spa like. The bed was THE most comfortable bed we have ever sleep in. They have freebies galore and the staff are all very friendly. This is the only place we will stay if ever in the Seattle area again. We had an early flight the following day so we were not able to take advantage of the free continential breakfast but they had that covered too. They offered coffee and great blueberry muffins at the front desk. Thank you Cedarbrook, you guys try harder and it definitely shows!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so very happy that you had a great stay. My only disappointment was that you could not stay longer.

In regards to our new beds...they have been met with rave reviews. Simmons Beautyrest Georgetown Black Plush. Long name I know, but incredibly comfortable.

We look forward to your return stay when next visiting Seattle.

My best,

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I do not enjoy staying in hotels since I suffer from many environmental allergies. Cedarbrook Lodge was the most comfortable hotel I have ever stayed at. No smelly room deodorizes, no smelly, chlorinated bedding and no harsh chemical cleaners! Everything felt as naturally clean and comfortable as possible in a commercial establishment. Thanks for the fabulous stay Cedarbrook!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so very happy that with your allergies, you found your stay to comfortable and relaxing. And moreover, I am glad that we were able to provide an enjoyable experience in regards to your dislike of hotels.

I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is not only the best airport hotel in Seattle, or the best hotel in Seattle, it's the best hotel I've ever had the pleasure to stay in, bar none. The setting is close to the airport, but light years away from the noise of not only the airport, but from the city. You would swear you're at a spa resort in the Austrian Alps. The hotel is immaculately clean, the staff universally excellent and the service perfect. While other hotels today nickle and dime you with charges for bottled water, WiFi or internet access and other "resort charges", the Cedarbrook Lodge wows you with free WiFi (fast too),free breakfast, free bottled water, free coffee, free snacks (including chips, candies, fruit, yogurt and (get this) Hagen Daz ice cream! I've stayed in many hotels around the planet, but this one takes the prize. How many "airport hotels" have a pillow menu, after all? I'd stay here even if I didn't have to be close to the airport, I liked it that much. My wife and I plan to come back just to stay here as a weekend retreat. Beautiful grounds, water features and a very tranquil setting, almost Japanese Garden-esq. Try it, I guarantee you'll love it. By the way, the GPS nav systems have no idea how to get to this property, so follow the hotels directions from their website. From the airport, take International Blvd to 188th, turn left, then turn left on 36th Ave. Takes less than 5 minutes. We used both Apple maps and Google maps and they both sent us to the same dead end the other reviewer noted.

Room Tip: I don't think you could find a bad one, even if you try.
Green Features: Very eco friendly, down to the biodegradable spoons for the free Hagen Daz ice cream and yogurt (yep, they're that over the top green).
1 Thank Traveladdict037
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the "absolute best" review. I am so thrilled that you truly enjoyed your most recent experience at Cedarbrook.

I will certainly share your kind comments with all our staff, I know they will appreciate reading your review - your passion and excitement speaks (reads) volumes.

I very much look forward to having you as our guest soon!

Best regards,

Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

So convenient to the airport yet you don't feel that way. You never need to leave to have a wonderful visit. Really LOVED the amenities. Once you're in, you're in! Fitness, business, common areas are open 24/7, breakfast was great, rooms comfortable and friendly.

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room. I was there for a wedding with family scattered throughout and ev...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for discovering Cedarbrook Lodge. I am so happy that you had a stay and in many ways, found a home away from home, since you felt you really never needed to leave.

I hope we see you again when your future travel plans call for a return visit to the Emerald City.