2,639 results
All reviews ice cream living room free snacks yogurt pillow menu copperleaf restaurant malt balls smoked salmon cheese sticks bottled water chocolate covered raisins seatac airport potato chips close to the airport lounge area beautiful property minutes from the airport
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great setting so near SeaTac. Friendly staff, nice rooms and comfy beds. The lobby of the building we were in had free ice cream, chocolate balls, water, string cheese and yogurt. Our 11 year old thought he had died and gone to heaven. The only downside was the continental breakfast. Only cold items and not much selection. For such a nice hotel it fell a bit short of my expectations.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard. Other rooms face the parking lot, and with floor to ceiling windows, passers-by can seem like they are looking right at you. There are two sets of blinds (one see through, one blackout), so this is not a huge problem.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor.

May I seek the answer to your question (from your 11 year old): How much Haggen Dazs can you eat?

Being that we offer a complimentary continental breakfast (typically relegated to cold cereal and pastries), we have upgraded the "norm" with inspiration from the Northwest to include hard-boiled eggs, Steel-Cut Oatmeal, Breakfast Parfaits, Hand Cut & Cured Salumi, smoked trout and Northwest salmon. Should you have alternate suggestions, please feel free to reach out to me and offer suggestions (sostrander@cedarbrooklodge.com).

I hope to warmly welcome back your family (and your 11 year old who is presumably still in heaven) to Cedarbrook Lodge.

Regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a great place to stay, super close to the airport, quiet in a beautiful setting. I love it and would stay there just to get away from it all! The beds are super comfy and you can pick from a pillow menu which pillow you prefer!

Room tip: 2nd floor or the side facing away from the parking lot
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am so happy that you discovered Cedarbrook Lodge and that you look forward to your return.

Thank you for your kind comments. I will share with you that all of our beds are less than two weeks old, so I appreciate your endorsement.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The rave reviews you might have read do not lie – a fantastic property! My friend and I booked this hotel for the final night of our Seattle birthday vacation. We had intended to arrive at check-in time so that we could enjoy all the amenities of the hotel. Our plans ran late, and we ended up not checking in until almost midnight instead. I actually do not regret a single penny we paid for the 5 hours we stayed though! The rooms are beautiful, the beds divine (I actually asked the front desk staff what brand they were because I will definitely look into them for me at home, that’s how comfortable they are!), the staff amazing, and the convenience of location for the airport perfect.

Although we called from the airport for a shuttle at such a late hour, the shuttle arrived promptly, with a super helpful and friendly driver. The gentleman at the front desk was uber-efficient, and when he knew we had to check out at 5am, he moved our room to a closer location to the front to make it easier for us (how nice!). He even told us that he would be our morning shuttle driver, and ensured the shuttle was warmed up (it was chilly that day) ahead of time. How thoughtful is that?!?

We were so disappointed that we could not take the time to enjoy the beautiful common areas which featured a library, leather chairs and couches, complimentary chocolates, water, ice cream, etc., and the marsh views we originally booked but were too delayed to enjoy (although we did find time to grab a few chocolates!). The rooms are super-chic, meticulously clean, appointed with everything you need, full baths to relax in (I could only envy taking the time to relax in it due to our early wake-up call), and let me repeat, the beds are so divine you will want to ignore your wake-up call! Best sleep ever, even at around 4 hours – I felt totally rested. And in case you need, the windows have the options for not only regular shades, but black-out shades as well. They seem to have thought of everything to sumptuously accommodate every traveler with their individual and unique needs.

Room tip: I read the marsh-land view was great - but we switched to a room closer to the front desk and it was quiet, even being next to the main road in. So I don't think you can go wrong either way, just depends on your priority.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. While I am thrilled that you had a great experience and that we exceeded your expectations, I too am disappointed that you didn't have more time to truly experience the whole of Cedarbrook Lodge.

Hopefully, you were "teased" enough that you are encouraged to return.

See you soon!

Regards,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

if you want elegance that is understated with everything you might want, along with fantastic food, please stay at the Cedarbrook Lodge. You are even able to request a specific pillow type! I can't wait to go back!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor based upon your recent experience at Cedarbrook Lodge.

I really appreciate the wonderful accolades you bestowed upon us.

And we too, can't wait for you to come back.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a top notch property. You are so close to the airport yet feels like you are tucked away in a resort outside of the city. Rooms are quiet, staff is superb! Amenities are the best I've seen. The bathrooms are very roomy with high quality items. The shower is awesome in that you can adjust the height so easily. I had a king which was a little small space wise but I was alone and it didn't matter. The windows are beautiful full length with a sitting chair and ottoman in front of it. I liked the option of requesting special pillows with scented sachet's. Nice touch and free of charge. You cannot beat the sitting areas in each building with nice TV, fireplace, all the water, candy, and ice cream along with a large frig you can keep leftovers in. I ate at the bar as the restaurant fills up quickly. Make reservations ahead to have dinner you won't regret it. The beer battered halibut was superb. I cannot wait to go back here and would even stay here if I was aiming for downtown and would take the train system. Easy to use. My only wish was that they would serve breakfast a little earlier because many flights leave at 0800. It is a nice touch that they have coffee and baked goods at the desk complimentary though. I LOVE THIS PLACE. Note: There is no pool or jacuzzi here. (too bad)

Room tip: If you need more room get a room with two beds, they seem to be bigger and you may want to face the inside of the property although it is all well landscaped.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Scott O, General Manager at Cedarbrook Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful accolades and kind words. I really appreciate you sharing a detailed review of your experience at our Lodge and will certainly share your comments with our entire staff.

I'm glad you LOVE this place! I hope to see you soon!

My best,