“A diamond in the ruff”

Cedarbrook Lodge
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We flew into and out of Seattle, WA from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Our final destination was Banff, BC and only had 2 days to spare in Seattle. The first day was an overnight before heading north into Canada and the second was on the return, a day before flying back to Fort Lauderdale out of Seattle. I was looking for a hotel that met the "green" aspect I read so much of...which Seattle had to offer. I research hotels in downtown Seattle and found that they were quite mainstream and not unique. That was until Cedarbrook Lodge fell into my lap.

I would highly suggest staying here. The calm and peaceful environment was soooo welcoming. The hotel is spotless, and lawns well manicured. My boys were able to see rabbits and other animals on property.

Every floor has a common living room where you can help yourself to chocolate covered raisens, pretzels and other candies. Chips, water, cheese, yogart and ice-cream is yours to indulge in. My boys had a field day with the ice-cream!

The rooms are beautifully decorated and beds were comfortable. We loved the large soaking tub. The hotel amenities include bath salts for a relaxing bath. Cozy bath robes are also there for your usage.

The hotel has its own vegetable garden which supplies their organic restaurant with fresh greens and herbs. Highly recommended!

Others wrote in to complain about noise and small rooms and I must say...I beg to differ. The lodge is quiet and serene. The grounds are beautifully appointed and the sound of running water was exactly what we were looking for. Coming from FL this is exactly what we wanted from a hotel out west.

I must also let you know about their breakfast. Amazing lox, fresh jams and more. Yummy. We started our vacation at the Cedarbrook Lodge and ended it here before heading back to FL and I would do it again! I highly recommend this hotel. I must say one more thing...keep in mind when you book a hotel downtown, you have to pay for parking. They don't tell you that upon booking...just keep that in mind. Sometimes up to $30 a day. No charge for parking here at Cedarbrook!

Cedarbrook Lodge was our "green" experience in Seattle we would never forget. Try it out for yourself.

Room Tip: I recommend joining Stash Hotel Rewards. This property is a Stash Hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,434)

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Fantastic property with top notch staff. All about service and will NOT accept tips! Full service FREE breakfast with wait staff and omelet chef. Superb rooms with common areas in each themed building. They stock the common area kitchens with fresh sandwiches, bagels, fruit, soft drinks, juices, bottled water, coffee and yogurts so that you can "raid the refrigerator" after hours if you like. How fun is that?
There is a great little bar with a billiard table, reading area, social area in front of a floor to ceiling fireplace. If you need a business retreat this place is it.... over the top conference facilities.
You want to stay here. Watch hotels.com for good rates ;-)

Room Tip: get rooms near common areas to
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SandTravelAkronOhio
Reviewed July 27, 2011

A friend recommended Cedarbrook Lodge and I am forever grateful. It is my new place to stay in the Seattle area. It is only a couple of miles from Sea-tac airport but feels like an oasis. The rooms are very comfortable, the complimentary breakfast buffet is gourmet (with smoked salmon!) and there are treats available 24 hours a day in the living rooms in each building (such as haagen daz ice cream). The restaurant is also quite good-reservations are recommended. It's close to the light rail which will take you into downtown Seatlte. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The gorgeous setting, the huge bathtub, the always-available treats, the soothing architecture and furnishings all contributed to a feeling of being in a 5-star hotel. At first my son and I wondered if we'd made a mistake by staying so far away from downtown, but Cedarbrook was so nice to come home to and offered so many luxuries -- including a restaurant with some of the best food I've ever tasted -- that we decided that this is THE place to stay for us when in Seattle. The light rail made the trip downtown and back easy. And the shuttle is always available.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here for one night en route to Mt. Rainier National Park. We wished we had scheduled more activities in Seattle just so we could have stayed a second night. I won't repeat what has already been said in other positive reviews, but will confirm that this is a wonderful hotel, a beautiful property, with rooms and perks well worth a stay.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I went to Seattle for the weekend with my husband and 6-month old to attend a friend's wedding. Like everyone else, I read the glowing reviews and had to see for myself. We liked it but it reminded us more of the rustic retreat centers that churches hold their annual retreats - no frills, spartan bathrooms, a full fridge down the hall. So if you want luxury and style, this place isn't for you.

What we didn't like was the fact that we had to call Housekeeping twice after our bathroom backed up, and then when they arrived, WE had to take care of it ourselves. Now we've gotten our hands dirty before (a 6-month old assures us of that) but we weren't expecting this from the best hotel on Tripadvisor. Oh well, minus one star.

Overall, good but not fabulous.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Rated #1 in the country -yeah, right! I made our reservations with a smile and prepared to be disappointed. I could not have been more wrong. This place is AWESOME! Ths setting is beautiful, the rooms are spacious and well-appointed and the staff is wonderful. Each building has a central "living room" with comfy couches, a booking swapping area and great nibbles and treats for guests (complimentary) The Copperleaf Restaurant is not cheap but the chef is creative and makes each dish a treat. Staff are relaxed and friendly, whether they are checking you in, helping you find something or serving you dinner.
Tip for those making reservations-- they have a number of unadvertised special rates - so if you are military or a governement employee tell them.

LOVED it and can't wait to go back.