“I won't "park and fly" anywhere else when flying out of Seattle”

Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Bremerton, Washington
“I won't "park and fly" anywhere else when flying out of Seattle”
Reviewed May 28, 2010

The staff are always polite, respectful, and accommodating. Our rooms have always been clean and spacious. The complimentary shampoos and soaps are awesome. I have never had a problem sleeping while staying at the Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, although it is located directly across the street from the airport. The neighboring restaurant has excellent food and service. We drop off our car in front of the lobby in a covered area so that we aren't exposed to the rain. It is waiting for us at the front door when we are ready to check out. The cost to stay is comparable to competing hotels in the area but the Red Lion service is far better. We have stayed at the Red Lion six or seven times when we've traveled from SEATAC. We know we can count on them.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Polish first
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Room was clean and staff excellent. We were pleasantly surprised that the
KIng Bed room was large enough that we could lay out four suitcases on the floor
with room to comfortably move about.

The water flow from the bathroom shower was minimal. All of this water conservation
mentality means you have to suffer from low flow shower. This is not water pressure
problem, it is one of insufficient flow. The tub drain was partially stopped up.

There is no restaurant in the hotel, but they have an arrangement with a nearby
restaurant and they provided us with free breakfast vouchers are part of the cost of
our stay. If you arriving at the hotel in the late evening, we recommend bringing
a bag lunch, because other food establishments are not conveniently close by.

Hotel had a business center, which made printing out boarding passes
convenient. Hotel has a shuttle service, but expect to be picked up and
returned to a traffic island, and not at the front door of your airline counter.

No significant airport noise because our room did not face
airport.. We did not have a car, so did not have to
pay their parking fee.

The pluses for this hotel are that it is conveniently close to SEATAC, the shuttle
was quick, the room was spacious and clean, and the bed was comfortable.

We plan to use the hotel again on our next trip through SEATAC.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Denver
Reviewed May 11, 2010

My wife and I stayed in the Red Lion Seatac in early May. I had checked the Trip Advisor reviews prior to making a reservation and found that about 25% had given this property a poor rating. So I made my reservation with "reservations". Our stay met expectations for a 3 star hotel. Bed resonably comfortable , OK linens and towells; we had booked through a third party at what I assume was a heavily discounted rate.

I was looking for but did not see any evidence of the types of complaints other Trip Advisor reviewers had cited during recent stays about poor maintence, unclean rooms or outdated decorations/funrnishings. It was like I was in a completely different property.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Juneau, AK
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I stay at this hotel often when traveling from Alaska. The courtesy shuttle service to and from the airport is excellent. I have always found the staff to be professional, helpful and attentive.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
portland, or
Reviewed March 24, 2010

This was my first time seeing or staying at this hotel. I have to say I was pretty shocked upon pulling up in the parking lot...the hotel could best be called orange. WOW. I was a little nervous about what the inside would be like, but was pleasantly surprised. It had typical decor, amenities and rooms.

I stay at Red Lion hotels pretty often and have found there to be a range of what they offer. I would say this one falls right in the middle. There were no glaring flaws (carpets were clean, room was average size, decor was farily modern) or amazing features (parking was outside, view was parking lot).

We didn't eat at the restaurant which was in the parking lot, outside the hotel, so I can't weigh in on that. There was very little plane noise throughout the night, but I could hear some in the morning. But considering that this hotel is literally across the street from the airport, so that's to be expected. I was a little disapointed that I was charged $10 for outdoor, self parking. Perhaps this is an airport hotel standard.

All in all, it was about what I would expect from an airport hotel...close, convenient, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Athens
Reviewed January 29, 2010

This hotel is probably one of the closest to the airport, yet outside noise wasn't a problem.
The room and bathroom were huge. There was a lot of noise from the plumbing, but wasn't a problem considering I only stayed for one night.
The decor is very nice, without a floral carpet, or duvet anywhere in sight.
They offer a no frills breakfast at the diner next door. They could use a few more light bulbs in the dining area.
Overall, this place offers great value for the money.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I stayed at the Red Lion only for one night before moving to a hotel downtown. I was getting in late and I wanted a place close to the airport and Hotwire gave me the Red Lion for $54.

They share a shuttle bus with a parking lot--Master Park Lot A (watch out, there are several different Master Park lots), so the shuttles come frequently. Check in took just a minute. ABC was not coming in on my TV in my room and this was a big problem for me since I had a football game to watch the next morning. I called the front desk and he sent someone up to move me to another room right away. I thought that was excellent service.

The rooms were relatively large and clean. The internet was relatively good for hotel internet and it was free. I ordered room service for breakfast (they have a room service deal with the restaurant next store) and it came on-time and it was very good. When I called the front desk for a taxi, they recommended a town car instead, which was cheaper, so I was pleased about that.

The only problem was that there was no hot water when I took a shower. This was unfortunate, but overall I was still pleased with my stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo