“Convenience”

Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Convenience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving to SEATAC, I called the shuttle. They were there in under 10 minutes. As I knew I would arrive closer to midnight I made a note on my reservation that I would not arrive until late and requested a 2pm checkout as I would continue my international travels at 6pm the following day. The gentlemen that checked me in was awesome and assured me that the 2pm checkout was all set. I went to my room and was pleasantly surprised. It was neat, comfortable beds and a clean bathroom. I ordered a pizza based on the desk clerks recommendation. The complimentary wifi was strong and easy to access.

I placed do not disturb on door and low and behold the next day at 1045am housekeeping started knocking on my door. When I failed to respond, they took it upon themselves to use key. As everything was deadbolts, they couldn't enter so they got someone else to try and get in my room. This was irritating. When I confronted housekeeping she just looked at me and said I needed to get out. I explained what a do not disturb sign means and that the front desk had already cleared my 2pm checkout. She was not very happy.

I would have rated this hotel with 5 stars but the total disregard for the do not disturb sign and subsequent attitude of the housekeeper and front desk person upon checkout left me with a not so positive experience.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Rachel K, Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write us a review, as well as upload pictures of your stay. I'm so happy to hear that our Night Auditor, Tyler, was such an asset to your stay.

First and foremost, I want to express my most sincere apologies for the disregard of your 'do not disturb' sign. This is unacceptable, and rest assured we will go over this will our staff immediately. I would also like to apologize for the lack of empathy you experienced from our staff; this type of feedback goes against the grain of our core values, and is certainly a mishap on our end that will not happen again.

Your comments are appreciated, and I hope you know that we will most certainly use your feedback when training, and preparing our staff for our guests.

Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
Tennessee USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently stayed 7 nights, I could not fault the service, cleanliness, friendliness, comfortable beds, great food at Gregory's, great location, an easy walk to the Light Rail for Downtown access. Downtown Seattle rates are crazy at this time of year, and Red Lion at the airport proved to be a great alternative, lots of restaurant options in the area, but after trying Gregory's on the 2nd night, I did not bother trying anywhere else, they had a great variety at a good price, and I was remembered each time I returned.

Thanks Red Lion, I will stay again, you have got the formula right.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Rachel K, Social Media Marketing Coordinator at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Wow, what an outstanding review! I absolutely love that you highlighted our close access to the Link Light Rail- it definitely makes for a very cost effective stay, with some of the downtown hotels charging upwards of $36.00 a night for parking! I was so happy to share your comments about Gregory's Bar and Grill with our Executive Chef, Darrell Knigge. My personal favorite is the Macadamia Nut Chicken with Mango Salsa!

We hope to serve you again soon, and truly appreciate the kind feedback. Our team is ecstatic to read your review.

Mission, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We always like this hotel. So convenient to leave the car parked here while away on a trip. The hotel is reasonably priced, very close to SeaTac, within walking distance to restaurants, very large clean rooms, 24 hour shuttle. We received excellent service. Stayed a night before our flight and again after our trip due to middle of the night and early morning flight times.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out the front are larger and those at the back look at the lake and are also larger th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jandou
Thank you so much for the great review! I'm so pleased to hear you had such a great stay with us, and as always, we love recieving rave reviews from our guests especially in regards to our famous Park and Fly packages.

We appreciate your tips on the rooms, and hope to welcome you again soon.

bcgirl9
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stay here everytime we fly out of Seattle as they offer a great park and fly rate. Very accommodating for varying lengths of stays/parking. Hotel is clean and staff are friendly and helpful. Shuttle run all the time to and from the airport so very little wait time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bcgirl9
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the fabulous review! I'm so happy to read that you found our hotel to be so comfortable, convenient, and most of all efficient.

We truly hope to serve you again, and appreciate the kind feedback.

Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

When we have an early flight out of SeaTac (Seattle's Airport) we always stay at the Red Lion Hotel. We also like to stay here when it’s too late to cross the Sound or we are just too tired to drive around. The hotel has huge rooms, king beds that are very comfy and a free shuttle to and from the airport. The rooms are also very clean, up to date, and have free Wi-Fi. We have also found that it is a great place to leave our car when they have the drive and fly deals. There is a MasterPark car lot connected to the property. Ask for a room away from the elevators if you don't want early morning traffic going by your room. I like the far corner rooms the best. We like to check-in and then head over to the Southcenter Mall or to one of our favorite restaurants in and around the mall which is just minutes away on the freeway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy G
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Wow, what a great review! I'm truly smiling from reading about your experiences with our hotel, the Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport. I definitely agree that our complimentary Wi-Fi, park and fly service, and comforting guest rooms make us the premier option among our hotel neighbors. I wasn't sure if you were aware, but we do also offer a complimentary shuttle to and from Westfield Southcenter Mall, which runs about every hour or so.

Your continued business is certainly appreciated, and we very much look forward to your return.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Excellent service, clean large rooms with a fridge, pet friendly and great place for a stay/park/fly package, very close to a wide assortment of restaurants and with Master Park as a partner you can feel safe leaving your car. Fast pick up on your return with your car ready and waiting

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Barkinn
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad you found our pet friendly accommodations, and our park and fly packages to be so pleasing; what you described is exactly what we strive to hear.

We hope to welcome you back to the Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport very soon.

Richland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed at the Red Lion Airport the night before an early flight. The front desk was warm and welcoming pointing out Gregory's next door and offering suggestions. The shuttle was fast both leaving and returning- and I returned at 1:00AM! Great value and easier than driving to airport and leaving at outside car lot! Will do it for next flight! Room was large and bed very comfortable.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the airport and never heard traffic or airplane noise so don't know if there...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bonnie c
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
What an outstanding review! I'm so pleased to know that you found our hotel to be so accommodating, and eminently pleasing. I agree that our hotel is very quiet in general, as well as it is an airport property. Your kind comments are truly appreciated, and I'm so pleased we were able to offer you such a fantastic stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.