“Would Stay Here Again :)”

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our reservation was booked through a "blind bid" site - we didn't know we would be at the Red Lion until our bid was accepted. When we first checked in we had two concerns with our room: First, we were on the second floor directly above the airport shuttle bus area; and second, we were directly across the hall from the gym. Neither of these scenarios ended up being an issue. We could not hear the shuttles coming and going, and the only time we could hear anyone on the treadmills in the gym was when we were in the hallway. The room was extremely large and very clean. The king sized bed was very comfortable. Another plus was the parking fee of $10 per night - half of what the hotel next door charges. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel location is across the street from the airport but we could not hear the planes coming and going. We were close to the freeways and shopping areas too. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! I'm so glad to hear you found our hotel to be so accommodating, comfortable, and overall fantastic enough to write on Trip Advisor about. I certainly agree that although we are an airport hotel, our hotel is surprisingly quiet, and after a long day of traveling, that is by far a huge attribute we offer to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again, and truly appreciate the time you took to review our hotel.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our stay at the Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport was a great beginning to our vacation. The room was very comfortable, actually, luxurious! Reservations were quick and easy, as was check-in. Concidering how close it is to the airport, we found the room to be very quiet and the bed ultra comfortable. A good nights sleep to begin our journey! Our main reason for choosing this location was the ten day free parking included in our room rate, and the quick and easy shuttle to the airport for our early flight! Our return to from the airport to the hotel to get our car and drive home was also quick and easy!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

What a great review! We are so fortunate you took the time to share your fabulous experience with us. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our Park and Fly package so much! Our rates are by far the best in our market, and the convenience factor is so huge, with our complimentary airport shutlte and our location being directly across from the airport.

I'm so glad you were able to stay comfortable with us, and we'll eagerly be awaiting your next arrival.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Thank you to everyone at the Seatac property who helped make my stay a success. I was staying the night before taking an outbound flight to a funeral. My day had been horrible up until arriving at the hotel. When I arrived, I really appreciated the warm reception, fast check in and great room. During my stay the hotel was more than comfortable and any needs were quickly met by the front desk staff as well as the great housekeeping staff. I don't think that the bad reviews it has received can be founded. Most likely these are people who didn't get something for free and will complain, complain, complain, Such is life folks. When staying here expect a warm reception, comfortable setting and a great location. The airport is right across the street from Seatac, it doesn't get any easier than this! For those who don't like to walk just go down to the lobby where a shuttle is on demand every ten minutes. The shuttle drivers are great and very courteous as well. Thank you everyone there at Red Lion Seatac your hospitality made my day/week.

Room Tip: I loved the rooms up on the fourth and fifth floor. Great views at night and a little quieter
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! I truly am so pleased and proud to hear that you found our hotel to be so comfortable, our staff accommodating, and your overall stay one to remember. I truly agree that while our location and hotel are impeccable, it is the 'magic' of our staff that creates such a great stay. From our Front Desk, to Engineering, to Housekeeping, our management staff does a great job at instilling customer service as our top asset.

I am thrilled to share your feedback with our entire time, and we hope to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I picked this hotel for overnight airport stay. It was really convenient and reasonable. the bed was very, very comfortable, but the water pressure was lacking and the walls are REALLY thin. Because of the thin walls, I would probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. I'm so glad you found our location to be so convenient; I certainly agree! I wanted to take a moment and offer my sincerest apologies that you found our hotel to be noisy, we are normally praised as our hotel is generally very quiet for an airport property. I'm so sorry this was not the case with your stay.

I truly hope we have the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was our third time staying at the Red Lion Hotel when taking a flight out at the Seatac Airport. We brought friends along with us this time too. We've always been impressed, first, with the value. You won't beat the price for the overnight stay and parking your vehicle for an extended time. Secondly, the convenience as it includes the shuttle to and from the airport and when you get back to the hotel the vehicle is parked right out front with the trunk open. Thirdly, the rooms are clean, the staff helpful and the breakfast next door at Gregory's was great and you get a discount if you are staying in the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is taking a flight out of Seatac Airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm so pleased, and proud to hear that you enjoyed our famous Park and Fly package! I completely agree that between the value of our Park and Fly package and our extremely friendly and accommodating staff, we're fortunate to stand out as a leader in our market. We truly do strive to provide the best service and value possible, and I'm so glad your stay was a direct reflection of this.

We'll anxiously be awaiting your next visit, and will have a comfortable, cozy room with your name on it when you return.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was our first ever stay at a Red Lion Hotel. I expected something a little nicer than a Holiday Inn, but it turned out not to be.

The best things about this property were the location, frequent airport shuttle service, pleasant hotel staff, and quality of the roaring start breakfast (not complimentary). Some things that were a disappointment were the lack of secure parking for the park 'n fly package, poor temperature control (room and shower), and lack of sound insulation between rooms and hallways. And, while the roaring start breakfast was good, it wasn't really better than some of the free continental breakfasts we've had at other hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor level
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with us. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, complimentary shuttle, and our signature Roaring Start Breakfast Buffet. I agree these areas help us stand out amongst others in our market.

I wanted to address several of the issues you mentioned. In the upcoming months, we will be overhauling our HVAC system to allow for a more comfortable stay in terms of temperature. While we currently receive only minimal complaints about the temperature of our rooms, the few that we do get really matter to us, and this specific area is on the top of our list to alleviate. I’m sure you’ve noticed that normally we are praised for our quiet rooms, so I'm wondering if you were perhaps placed in one of our 4 sets of adjoining rooms? They do create quite a bit more noise than our normal non-adjoining rooms. In either case, my sincerest apologies that sound from exterior halls disrupted your stay. While no hotel is perfect, I want to truly stress that your comments and suggestions sincerely matter to us, and we will be addressing these areas of concern in our next staff meeting.

We appreciate your business, and the time you took to share your comments.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at the Red Lion Hotel because it was close to the airport as well as the location of the conference I was attending. The room was large, clean, and very comfortable. The free WiFi was appreciated. The restaurant had excellent food and a super excellent wait staff. The conference room was good and well stocked with refreshments for the attendees. I liked it so much I have booked another stay there on an upcoming flight layover.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to write us a review! Your review regarding our meeting space, restaurant, and comfortable rooms is spot on with what we strive to hear each and every guest say. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us enough to visit us again.

We look forward to serving you on your upcoming visit to the Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport.

Warmest Regards,