“Some minor issues but great follow up”

Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at the Red Lion Seattle Airport. I had an issue with my deadbolt not aligning with the opening in the door jamb. I was stuck in my room when I tried to leave the following morning. I called the front desk and maintenance showed up within 5 minutes and after employing a crowbar, had me out in another 10 minutes. I called customer service and told them what happened. The creditied me 50% of the night's rate and credited me the full amount for the parking fee and my breakfast.

Room Tip: do not stay in room 502
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts! Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced with the deadbolt on your door. I am however extremely pleased that our Engineering team was so diligent in getting the door opened in a safe and timely fashion. Please know that we do take this issue seriously, and the deadbolt on the door in room 502 has since been replaced. We appreciate your comments, and hope to welcome you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here the night before a very early flight to Orange County. We've stayed here before for the convenience and the fact that they will keep your car while you are gone. The hotel is older, but is kept in good repair and has been redecorated since we stayed there last. They have food available for purchase in the lobby and the staff is very friendly. Went to bed early as we had to get up at 4am. At about 9 pm the party staying next door to us came back to their rooms drunk and yelling at the top of their lungs. We called the front desk and they got us moved to a new room within minutes. Given that our concerns were handled swiftly I think we will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you so much for the fabulous review! I'm so pleased to hear you enjoy our hotel so much, and we truly appreciate that you've noticed our lobby refurbishments. This is indeed an ongoing progress, and we're excited for the further upcoming renovations we have planned for our common areas; We hope you visit us again to take a peek at these exciting changes! Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay; we appreciate your business, and hope you have the chance to visit us in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The pluses: walking distance to the airport terminal (or free shuttles every 5-7 minutes); large, clean rooms with comfortable easy chair and ottoman for reading; decent lighting; coffeemaker; bathrobe; lamp with outlet for charging phone or computer; Gregory's (bar and restaurant) is adjacent to the hotel.

The minuses: lamp outlet works only when lamp is on, so useless for overnight charges--and you won't know until morning; Gregory's was closed all day Jan 1, necessitating a hike for food; bathroom soap wrapped so securely that a nail clipper or scissors is required to open; far the most annoying, the heating system creates a completely, perfectly stratified layer of hot air at head level and colder air at floor to chest level. No amount of towel flapping fixes the problem for long. The thermostat appeared to be inaccurate (by a lot), too.

Overall: nice, large rooms with the potential for comfort and value if the irritating glitches are fixed.

Room Tip: Some jet engine noise, but not much--more like distant thunder. Very good for an airport hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your informative review of our hotel! I'm pleased to hear that you found our location to be so spacious, comfortable and convenient. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced regarding the lamp outlet, heating system, and the fact that our restaurant was closed for 2 hours on January 1st. I've informed our Chief Engineer, and he'll be immediately looking into the issues you experienced. I wanted to also inform you that while our restaurant was open for breakfast until 10AM, we did indeed close early for lunch and dinner due to low occupancy. We do however, always offer our guests the option of a 24 hour a day Grab-N-Go, located in our lobby, which is fully stocked with snacks, sandwiches, sweets, fruit, and beverages. I hope you think of us on your next visit to the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport area; we certainly appreciate your business.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

With an early a.m. flight to Honolulu just before Christmas, we didn't want anything to go wrong with transportation, etc., so we booked a one-night stay at theRed Lion. Other hotels of about the same status offered specials, but when we tried to books, there were all kinds of stipulations and, of course, a rate hike (up-sell), so we stay at Red Lion and found it clean, comfortable (beds especially) , convenient, and there was a restaurant next door to the hotel. Would do it again. Just didn't like the charge for parking my car when it wasn't mentioned earlier. But good otherwise.

Room Tip: Ask about parking in advance. Nice Christmas decorations in the lobby, too.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed our park and fly packages, as well as our holiday lobby decorations! It also sounds like you were able to enjoy our onsite restaurant, Gregory's Bar & Grill. I'm looking forward to sharing your kind comments with our team members, and hope you have the chance to visit us again soon!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Took over 15 minutes to check in, one person on duty. Checked in at 9pm on Christmas Eve. Park and fly does not work smoothly, highly recommend another hotel. Parking not as promised. Hotel also very old.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank cathy_pdx
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel. I'm disappointed to hear that your stay with us was anything less than stellar. As I'm sure you can see by our other reviews, what you experienced is not our norm, and absolutely does not meet Red Lion standards. I'll be bringing a print out of your review to our weekly staff meeting, and will be sure to address your concerns with our staff to make sure our check in, and park and fly procedures are as smooth as they can be. Again; my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced- please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance. Warmest regards!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great experience! My son and I stayed during a 10 hour layover. Very clean rooms, comfy beds, great employees, efficient shuttle service. Highly recommend for anyone seeking a safe place by the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank AkMom3
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I"m so pleased to hear that you had such a comfortable stay with us during your 10 hour layover. Think of us for your next Seattle-Tacoma Airport area visits. Warm regards!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Red Lion near the Sea-Tac airport is great place place for an overnight stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It is super close to the airport and major conference centers in the Sea-Tac area. I stayed here to get away from the overpriced conference hotels and ended up spending less than half of their rates. Parking is not free, but it rarely is near an airport. Also, they have a great little restaurant and bar on site. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Rachel K, Sales | Marketing at Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, as well as your visit to our restaurant Gregory's Bar & Grill. We appreciate your business, and hope we have the chance to serve you again!