“Comfortable, travel time-saver due to airport proximity”

Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
NH
“Comfortable, travel time-saver due to airport proximity”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I often stay here if I have an early morning or late evening flight out of or into SEA. It saves the hassle of dealing with a shuttle, or the rental car return process. The rooms are clean and modern, and the staff is nice.

I've only had one complaint, which recently occurred. My room was within 2 doors of the elevator. Everytime the elevator ran, there was a loud pulsating tone, presumably coming from the elevator shaft. Although not many people used it late at night, the only peace and quiet I had was approximately 1 a.m - 5 a.m. I didn't call the front desk since I was already in bed and leaving early the next day. So I can't evaluate how they would have handled it.

Otherwise, it's a good value and I will continue to stay there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
RadissonSeattle, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Dear Sir or Madam,

We are delighted you enjoy your visits with us and I would be happy to put a note in your Radisson Guest Profile that you prefer a quiet room not near any mechanical equipment to insure your continued comfort going forward. Please just contact me at your convenience and I would be happy to help. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Best regards,
Judith G. Kalfon
Judith.kalfon@radisson.com
206-219-6722

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Essex
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed 4 nights at the Radisson Gateway as the last leg of a Phoenix to Seattle road trip. We had a suite, and my son had the sofabed in a separate room with a door you could close in between the rooms. Fantastic!

The room was very spacious and we had no problem connecting to the free WiFi. Our bed was ridiculously comfortable and for being right on the road, directly across from the airport entrance, there was No Noise. I was very impressed.

We all used the pool and hot tub, which felt like it was exclusively ours because no one else did. My husband did use the fitness center and liked it too. I think the hotel must be used a lot for one-night stays for those expecting to fly, but in our case, we chose it because it was close to downtown Seattle (20 min drive away) as well as close to our friends in Maple Valley and Covington. It is also very close to the Southcenter Mall. I think the hotel even has a shuttle to the mall but we didn't use it.

Parking is now $10/night but the woman at check-in charged us for only 2 of the 4 nights that we stayed. I did use the guest laundry and it was $1/wash and $1/dry, and worked very well.

We didn't eat here so I can't comment on that, but I loved the nobbly soap they had in the bath! Overall, wonderful stay, friendly staff, great location, decent price - we liked it a lot and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MsTravellerEssex
South Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and would highly recommend it prior to flying out of SeaTac Airport. It is a great location, right at entrance to the airport. The hotel has free WiFi and the staff was very friendly and professional. If you are looking for a good hotel, at a reasonable price, this is the one.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This hotel is now smoke free, but our room was on a floor previously assigned as smoking. The room and the exterior hallway both had a strong stale smoke smell. During the middle of the night, we awoke to the sound of condensed water dripping from the overhead AC vent. We weren't expecting much from the pull out couch where our children slept, but it was one of the most uncomfortable mattresses of this type that I've seen. On the positive side, the location was very convenient and the room rate was good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
RadissonSeattle, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you had with a smoky odor in your room. Athough we are a non-smoking hotel, occasionally we do have guests who do not follow the rules. We are so sorry that you were subjected to this.

Kindly accept our sincere apologies for this service failure.

Judith G. Kalfon
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Never stayed at one before, usually at higher end places, but needed a passport quick and San Fran office unable to accommodate , given choice of Denver or Seattle , love seafood so no brainer, this place has free wireless Internet, sleep comfort beds, nice breakfast buffet not free but Internet- buffet? Take Internet-close to light rail though 35 min to downtown but cheaper than car and here's a tip buy roundtrip rail ticket and since no timestamp as a security guy told me was able to use it during the entire day.

• Stayed July 2010
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Even with our Luggage we could have walked however ; it was late , it was dark and from where we were we did not know which direction to begin walking. So we called for their shuttle service and waited ( it took them about 20 minutes to come , it would have taken us 5 minutes to walk as we soon found out when we emerged from the airport ).

The room was very comfortable, the bathroom / and shower were great. It was quiet. Our room was facing the airport and we did not hear one take off or landing. Comfortable sleep number bed.

If you are looking for a hotel close to the airport I would recommend this one.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
massachusetts
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Our flight from the east coast arrived late, so we decided to take a room close to the airport rather than trek into town. It was great to walk over to the hotel, and in the morning after we checked out we walked to the new light rail train stop, a few blocks away. The room was very decent and clean. The toilet paper was a little rough, but that is such a minor complaint.

Breakfast was just OK. My waffle was a bit undercooked.

The staff members that we met were very friendly and efficient. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family