“As far as airport hotels go...”

Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
San Jose, California
“As far as airport hotels go...”
Reviewed September 15, 2008

...this one's pretty good.

I've stayed at the Seatac Radisson a couple of times now, for either a quick business trip or a close-to-the-airport stopover, and both stays were better than adequate. You don't usually expect much at aiport hotels, but this place is pretty decent.

LOCATION
The hotel is on International Blvd, literally right across the street from the airport. You can walk to the airport if you want to. Both times I've taken the shuttle, but would certainly walk if it seemed like the shuttle was running behind. The area is primarly hotels, restaurants, gas stations, and parking facilities (and, um, the occasional "gentlemen's club"). If you're driving, there's a Safeway with a pharmacy not too far away. Anyway, it's ideally located for a preflight hotel stay.

ROOMS
The rooms are pretty nice. (Many Radissons I've stayed at previously have inspired me to rename the chain "Ratisson" due to their general griminess; this one is much better.) I stayed in a king-bed room; the workstation was large (great since I was working), the WiFi was free, and the furniture and decor were tasteful. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and the room was quiet. In short, it's pefect for catching up on business before you have to fly out the next day.

FACILITIES/LOBBY
The lobby is functional; not huge, but not tiny. There's a restaurant that wasn't too bad (for lunch, anyway), and there's a comfortable bar/lounge where you can grab a drink and watch the Mariners lose horribly to whoever they happen to be playing that day. It's not fancy, and don't look for a party scene there, but it's perfectly adequate.

Aside from WiFi, I didn't use the business facilities, so I can't comment.

There's a pool, but I didn't use it, so I'm not sure what it's like.

STAFF
The staff was very helpful and cheerful. On one of my stays, I arrived *way* before check-in time, and they were happy to find me a room that was ready early... which allowed me to get a lot more work done than I would have otherwise. That was great.

They answered all of my questions about local services, and did so with a smile. In short, the staff greatly enhanced my stay, which is always a nice surprise.

SUMMARY
If you're a business traveler and you need a good place to stay near the airport, this is top-notch. It's a particurlay good deal if you get it through hotwire or priceline. The staff is helpful and friendly, the rooms are nice, and you can't get closer to the airport without sleeping at the terminal.

• Liked — Rooms, staff, location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank WineTool

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Keizer
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Stayed here one night before leaving for a cruise

Check in was very quick. Staff were pleasant. They put us on the top floor at the end of the hall as per my request for a quiet room on their on-line reservation form.

Room was clean and adequate. I did not however like the sleep number bed. To me it feels like I'm just sleeping on an air mattress with padding on the top, and the next day I had a back ache. My husband though, loves the sleep number beds and says they make his back and shoulder feel better the next day. I have tried them twice now and would not want to sleep on one again.

Our stay was very peaceful and mostly quiet.

We ate dinner next door at the restaurant called 13 Coins. The food was good, but overpriced in my opinion. I don't think I would go back except maybe for drinks and appetizers. I didn't t hink the quality of the food justified the high prices.

The following morning the check out was a breeze! They slip a charge slip under your door during the night. You look it over in the morning, and if everything is correct you just call down on the phone and tell them you are leaving. Then you just leave the key in the room and go. Very quick and easy.

Overall this was an adequate stay. Nothing exceptional worth noting. I would stay here again if I could get a low rate again (paid $105 for a Saturday night in August) and if they had a room without a sleep number bed.

• Liked — easy and fast check out
  • Disliked — sleep number bed
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank J-ME-19
Maryland
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We had spent six great nights at the Mediterranean Inn in Seattle, but since we had flights at 6 a.m.--and thus had to be at the airport at 4 a.m.--we decided to spend our last night at the Radisson Gateway. I had been impressed with the Trip Advisor reviews that said it was within walking distance of Sea-Tac.

We used an airport shuttle to get from downtown Seattle to the Radisson, and the shuttle driver laughed when I said I'd read that the hotel was within walking distance of Sea-Tac. "I think they may have been exaggerating," he added.

When we checked in, we asked how far it was to the terminal, and were told it was a good 15 minute walk, which is not something I want to do with a suitcase and carry-on at 4 a.m. (Ok, I confess, the only thing I ever want to do at 4 a.m. is sleep. Ever.) The front desk clerk said there was a 24-hour-a-day shuttle that runs three times per hour, but because it ran on the hour and at twenty after and twenty of, we had to get up even earlier than I'd anticipated.

The room was nice, as it should be for $190, including tax. Sleep Number beds as mentioned elsewhere, with upscale bedding. The restaurant in the hotel gave us a decent dinner for prices similar to what we'd paid in the rest of the Seattle area.

The pool was small but clean, and there were plenty of towels available pool-side. The hot tub was nice and toasty.

When we checked out at 3:40 a.m., the staff was very pleasant, there was coffee in the lobby, and the shuttle driver was ready and waiting.

I feel as though I overpaid, expecting to be closer to the terminal. Any hotel in the area with a 24-hour shuttle would have been adequate.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank fansmom
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 27, 2008

We were visiting friends in Seattle and had a morning flight home. The hotel is conveniently located DIRECTLY across the street from the airport, but they have a free shuttle to take you to your exact gate. The room was spacious and clean. The sleep number beds are awesome and the bathroom was immaculate. The only annoyance with the rooms is that the drapes do not close. There are transparent sheer curtains but no way to keep the sun out. (We peeked into other rooms while they were being cleaned and noticed they were the same way.) If we hadn't have had an early flight, this would have been very annoying.

Other than that minor detail, the staff was helpful and friendly and the reception area was cozy with free internet.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LMF74
bradenton, florida
Reviewed July 9, 2008

After coming in from Florida and calling 3 times for a shuttle pick-up, it arrived 45 minutes later. It would have been much easier just to drag the luggage down across the street to the hotel in about 5 minutes. Room on the 7th floor was smokey, night manager very helpful and changed our room immediately to a nonsmoking floor. Housekeeping did a good job, front desk helpful, halls showing definite signs of wear. Room itself was quite nice (king), sleep number beds overrated, but for $45 on Priceline, can't complain!

• Liked — proximity to airport
  • Disliked — shuttle taking 45 minutes to pickup
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank kibero308
Zurich
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Priceline set me up there. Easy walk to the terminal (it's the
closest of the local hotels). You can watch the planes take off and
land, but their windows are fantastic and the sound is not bad. The sleep number bed is a kick, but for some reason, mine wouldn't
let me change the number.

This and the Doubletree are my best SeaTac experiences.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
5 Thank astrolake
Portland, Maine
Reviewed June 17, 2008

We stayed two nights during a 36-hour visit to the Seattle area for a Wedding on Vashon Island. Since we didn't need to be downtown, we opted for an airport hotel to save money. With taxes it was $145 per night. The king bed was extremely comfortable. The room was nicely appointed, plenty spacious, with a desk, chair, large TV, etc. Everything was clean. Awesome shower head--maybe the best of any hotel I've ever been in. Check-in and -out process was extremely easy. Very convenient to the airport. Room was quiet, no airport noise.

We never saw the pool or whirlpool or work-out facilities. We did not use the free broadband.

We ate at the restaurant next door in the Red Lion, Gregory's, which looked pretty downtrodden, but our low expectations were exceeded. Still, not a lot of good "dining" options on International road, where all the airport hotels are situated. The Radisson breakfast looked expensive.

All-in-all, a good experience. Everything you would want in a 3-star hotel with good value.

• Liked — value, convenience to airport
  • Disliked — convenience to downtown
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple