“Good, solid hotel near the airport”

Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Good, solid hotel near the airport”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Pros: All the amenities expected in a Hilton property (e.g. workout center, concierge, Starbucks, etc.), good restaurant and bar, travel kiosks for airport check-in, quiet, comfortable rooms, convenient location to public transit and Seatac airport.

Cons: Labyrinthine property where your room could easily be a mile from the reception desk, restaurant and bar pricey, limited places to eat within walking distance

This hotel offers solid comforts away from home. My experiences here have been very favorable, and I have found the staff polite and helpful. The rooms, while not huge, are quite comfortable. Beds feature down comforters and pillows with medium firm mattresses. Each room also has a nice size flat screen T.V.

One of the downsides is the sheer size of the property. The first time I stayed here it took about 10-15 minutes just to walk one way from the conference end of the building to my room. With bags you can imagine how that might be. If you have a car, parking can get pricey (i.e. $20/night), however this opens more dining and sight-seeing options for you. Without a car you are pretty limited to a few restaurants within walking distance. Also, you need to be careful walking alone, because the nearby neighborhoods (a moderately transitional area) could be a safety concern.

Overall, if you need a comfortable place to stay near the airport with all the amenities of a mid-tier hotel, this is a sure bet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 27, 2010

This is a great airport hotel. Very friendly staff, lovely lobby, nice pool/spa area, clean and well stocked exercise rooms. It was a great location for us as we college shopped in both downtown Seattle and Tacoma. Only downside was the parking fee. Our room looked out onto a nicely landscaped garden area (yes, there are those rooms with a street view). Travelers without a car can get to downtown Seattle by light rail (a station is right by the hotel) and there are restaurants within walking distance. If you have a car, there is great shopping and eating within a 10 minute drive. It also has a business center so we could print out boarding passes.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stay in a lot of hotels and rarely complain. I have even stayed here last year and had a reasonable experience. Both stays I booked on Priceline and paid about $40 (plus taxes).

This stay we had a car and were just there for one night.
On check-in I told the agent I had a Hilton Honours number and he said I couldn't use it with priceline but they could add it to my account for tracking purposes. Whatever that means. Then he said it was $26 for valet and $20 for regular parking. (I already knew this so did not really care). Next he offered to "upgrade" us to a king bed for $10, the hotel appeared to be deserted and I obviously if I only paid $40 for the room they are not busy. Anyway, I said no, and we got a room on the 4th floor. Basically this room was the exact farthest room from the parking lot even though they knew we had a car.

The room was fine until we realized the toilet wouldn't flush and the free internet they offered us did not work.

The part that really made me give the review a low mark was the next morning at the coffee bar. I stood there for 5mins while some bartender looked at me a few times and went on moving bottles around. Then I saw the hostess staring at me so I waved at her asking if anyone worked there and she just looked away. Finally I looked back at the line forming and stated I don't think anyone works here and walked away. 2 mins later the lady behind me comes up and says she found someone, it was the same bartender half halfheartedly operating the coffee bar. I said thanks but no thanks.

Anyway, they should learn that a tiny bit of customer service can avoid being roasted on the internet by a disgruntled traveler.

We also stayed at the Double Tree early in the week and had an experience 1000times better, I would recommend staying there to someone looking for a place at Seatac.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wrldtvler
nj
Reviewed August 16, 2010

we needed a place to stay one night before a cruise....we wanted near the airport as we were travelling with 3 young children (3.5 yrs and below).....their van got us at the airport and all our bags (11 of us travelling together)....rooms were huge....everything was very nice....quiet for by the airport....we can't speak for the neighborhood as we didn't leave the property (van-ned the next a.m. to cruise pier)....my only criticism was restaurant was way expensive....if your travelling with kids like we were or on a budget, the restaurant was mucho bucks...not family friendly at all (seemed like good food, but....)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Got this on Priceline for $42. They had it listed as a 3* and it certainly is at least a 3.5*. Hilton staff seemed surprised when I mentioned to them that I had been told this was a 3*. This property appears to be an older renovated hotel. Parking at the Hilton is $20 per night which is steep considering EVERY property around there advertises for less. Best choice is the Clarion for $9.50 a night and is directly northwest of the Hilton.

I didn't spend much time exploring but the staff I encountered were extremely friendly and went out of their way to assist. The restaurant sold chops and steaks ($30-50) and had a dress code. I spoke to the locals and found a great, little restaurant at the old, run-down Jet hotel 10 minutes north called the Happy Teriyaki. Price was low for entrees and drinks.

Considering that the Hilton is directly across from the light rail, a major throughfare and the airport - I hardly heard a thing with the window closed. Free wireless compliments of the Holiday Inn!

Located directly across from the hotel, the new light rail service to the city was enjoyable and cost efficient at $5 return. We took in two ball games, shopped/ate in the city. We checked out the fish market which was great.

The only possible downside to this hotel (and I am really stretching this) is perhaps feeling a little under-dressed, CRT TVs (no flat screens) and parking.

I was very happy to stay there and will return in greater numbers!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I booked my entire trip through TRAVELOCITY...big mistake. TRAVELOCITY takes your money up front. They do not give you a detail billng until you ask for it. Then when you ask for it, it is incorrect. When I first booked I was only booking my flght and of course they said they could save you money by booking all together..BIG SCAM. Upon my arrival to the Hilton Seattle Airport Conference hotel I was told that the hotel did not have any rooms.WHAT....I paid for it through TRAVELOCITY two weeks earlier. They took all my money up front and you are saying you do not have my room!!! APPALLING. I have had to chase down my money for the first nights stay though the Hilton, and several e mails and telephone calls to TRAVELOCITY. SCUM=TRAVELOCITY....They agreed to credit my card 105 dollars for a room that was over 200 dollars a night...sent me a BOGAS receipt stating that my airline ticket was 658 when it was only 431.The Hilton did not help me recover my money. Do not book with the HILTON SEATTLE AIRPORT. The rooms are wonderful. The way they handle reservations is ridicuous. P.S. What ever you do...DO NOT BOOK YOUR TRAVEL through TRAVELOCITY. If you owe someone money..they take it....if TRAVELOCITY OWES you money...THEY KEEP it and tell you your refund will be credited in 7-10 business days and then do not give you what they really owe you!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank jonaslk113
DirectorofOps, General Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent experience with us. I am sorry that you you had a challenge with your reservation. Most hotels typically do overbook to offset 'no-shows". Usually this evens out, but on occaision there are overbookings. In the event this happens, our hotel typically assists in finding comparable alternate lodging and in the case that the reservation was pre-paid through a third party, we can assit in helping the guest obtain a refund. In the event that the Front Desk cannot resolve a situation to your satisfaction, my recommendation it to ask to speak with the General Manager or Manager on Duty. Situations like these are normally resolved within one business day, however it may take several days for credit to be posted to a credit card or bank account. We work with many third party booking sites and while there are terms and conditions associated with rooms reservations, it has been my experience that they are very responsive and willing to work with us to resolve guest issues.
MI
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Convenient, if characterless, typical Hilton. We got it for $82/night via Hotwire. $25 just for a rollaway bed if you want one. $7 for two plain bagels. Free fruit in the fitness center. Denny's is nearby (and cheaper than the hotel restaurant!).
You can walk to the airport (there's a shuttle too). Train and bus stations are right across the street.
Pool was nice. Hottub wasn't - all foamy and the water wasn't clear. We told the front desk about it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family