“Not a bad place to stay near the airport” 4 of 5 stars

STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seminole, Florida
“Not a bad place to stay near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed here 2 nights recently when I couldn't find a place downtown Seattle. The staff was good and the room was clean. I had to catch the shuttle from the airport over to the hotel. Runs every 20 minutes. I didn't know I could have walked although it would have been a hike. You can catch the light rail right out the back door. Takes about an hour to get into downtown. Nice ride really. The property is laid out crazy. Had to walk a long way from the front desk to the room. That was strange. Otherwise, no real complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank altrego
HiltonSeattleAirport, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Hilton Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. Our goal is to provide each guest with an enjoyable stay, and we appreciate you taking your time to write a review, as well as sharing with us areas that may need improvements. We are continuously striving to provide the best service to our guests as well as making adjustments to enhance our overall guest experience. We hope you return and provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Jessica Harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Korean first
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed in this hotel prior to and upon returning from a cruise and took advantage of the room and shuttle to cruise terminal offer. Our flight into Seattle arrived before check in time, but when we got to the hotel we were able to check in and freshen up in our room. The reception staff were friendly and helpful.

There is a free shuttle bus to a local shopping mall (you just need to contact the concierge and they will arrange for it to come to the hotel) that we used to fill in the afternoon and we ate in one of the restaurants at the mall rather than the hotel.

The room was large and very comfortable. I had been a little concerned about having to walk a distance to our room, but it was not too far from the lobby.

In the morning the shuttle came as arranged and took us to the cruise terminal and upon return from the cruise the pre-arranged shuttle was waiting to take us back to the hotel. On arrival back from the cruise, again we got to the hotel early and this time they tried to charge us $25 for an early check in. This time we had to wait for 2 hours before our room was ready.

We had an early morning flight the next day and had to leave the hotel at 3:30am and used the hotel airport shuttle bus. Again the concierge and shuttle bus staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HiltonSeattleAirport, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Hilton Guest,
Thank you for the great 5 star review! We are thrilled to receive your wonderful feedback and delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your kind comments about the friendliness of our staff and will be sure to share your words with our team members. We hope to see you again soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our room was fine, but getting to the parking deck required a map, plenty of patience and quite the walk. The layout of this hotel mixed with the conference rooms was really odd. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Use the valet and don't mess with the parking deck.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AlisonMelissa
Dear Hilton Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are disappointed to receive your feedback and regret that you were not satisfied. We apologize for any confusion you experienced and hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We found the hotel very nice. During our business trip we were to stay at another hotel on the strip but were over booked so our admin moved us to the Hilton. What a nice hotel! This place is considered a 4 star hotel. The room were roomy and comfortable, the bed was very soft and the pillows were almost like home...almost. The staff was very nice and helpful when asking for direction. The Hilton was very close the airport station train that takes you into downtown Seattle and for $10 (for 2 people) you can get a day pass. Since this was a business trip I enjoyed staying here, but for a vacation stay its a little pricey for for my budget. Almost forgot, the hotel restaurant was very expensive. We ate the buffet which was very good but the cost was $21 each! Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Hilton!

Happy traveling!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Hilton Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and felt at home during your time here. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the Link Light Rail and explore downtown Seattle. Hope to see you back again soon!
Ketchikan, AK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here simply because it is very close to the airport and there was a room available. The lobby is huge and gorgeous, but the room was just adequate.For the price, I would have expected the rooms to be much more upscale, but it wasn't as nice as the room we stayed in at another chain the night before, which cost $50 less! The free wifi in our room only worked sporadically; most of the time when I tried to log in using my room number and last name like it asked for, it said it couldn't verify who I was.
The restaurant serves good food but it is VERY expensive and because it also is a bar it was much more noisy and bar-like than I would have expected such a classy-looking place to be. My husband and I spent our meal nearly having to shout across the table to each other because of a couple of very loud groups seated close to us.
The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet which is a plus at a hotel so close to a big airport.
Parking is $21 per day, again much pricier than I would have expected. I assume the lot was secure but for that price it should be under armed guard!
All in all, this was a very average stay at a high-priced hotel and next time we will stay at one of the number of other hotels in this area. There was no way the room, parking, and one meal were worth the $300 we paid for a single night.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Cnbgardiner
Dear Hilton Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are disappointed to learn of the frustrations you experienced during your stay and apologize that you were left unsatisfied. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continue to work to improve. We hope that the next time you return to the area, you will stay with us again and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.
Margate, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stayed twice in early July 2014, the first night was in the old section (not yet renovated). it was very dated and dirty, the bathroom tile was very dirty and there was a stain/spill down the wall behind the nightstand. I asked for a cleaner room (in the "tower") for my next stay and was told it was a higher price than what was originally booked. ($149 plus fees)

my second stay I did get the tower room at the original quoted price, however it wasn't really much better, just bigger, and updated with nicer furniture. the tile grout was as bad as the first, the paint was peeling off the metal shield on the ceiling, the overall fit and finish was clearly done by the lowest bid contractor.(and poorly maintained with peeling paint, badly patched grout, poorly patched evidence of water seepage in the ceiling and the toilet paper holder falling off the wall).(room 320)
the tower entrance is behind the building and looks like a service entry, there is no service for your bags and no carts for self service to your room, so be prepared to carry everything yourself.

the gate for parking never worked and was a hassle to use (especially for the $26 parking fee)

I'm understanding now why it was so much cheaper based on the lower quality of the location.

I had MUCH higher expectations of this brand and was expecting more for the price. for that money I normally get a Marriott or Holiday Inn express. (whose rooms are much nicer than these) and they include breakfast.

breakfast was decent (a little bit better than the free slop at the other chains I mentioned), but not worth the $40 price tag for two people. IF you stay here, take a walk across the street and eat at Denny's and save the difference.(the breakfast is about the same).

given the same choice to make I'd stay at a Marriott or Holiday Inn for the same money, and get a cleaner/nicer room (where I can at least get a cart to move my bags to my room)
this hotel is clearly below the standard of your average Marriott or Holiday Inn and NOT worth the same price for a room.
overall it was a grungy room with nicer furniture. the nicer fixtures aren't worth the additional cost over the other hotels in the area.

stay anywhere else for the price.

Room Tip: if you must stay here, ask for the tower, at least the rooms are better renovated (although poorly d...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank steven f
HiltonSeattleAirport, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Hilton Guest,
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest room, and I am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this and the inconvenience you experience at the parking gate. I assure you that we will make this right as we ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Thank you again, and I hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.
Anchorage, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel really is easy to stay at. The Seattle Airport location makes is so easy for a quick overnight stay before the next flight. I fly from Anchorage and use this hotel as a resting spot before my next flight across country or overseas. I always have great service and I've never had a complaint after 10 to 12 stays. My only frustration is the Spencer's restaurant overall has very lackluster service and the food is fair. But the hotel and location, and Hilton staff have always been top notch. I hope the hotel keeps up on the room updates to keep it fresh and clean for years to come, because nothing is worse than an old or unclean feel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Hilton Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We always enjoy receiving feedback and especially from those who have stayed with us multiple times as it ensures we are providing a consistently great experience for our guests. We are happy to hear that our property meets your needs and look forward to you returning again!