“Locationlocationlocation”

Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great location to SEA-TAC. Quiet, well appointed BUT the restaurant was very expensive and the food soso. The staff were very helpful. Public trans to downtown Seattle was right across the street very and cheep. The free shuttle to SEA-TAC was a great plus.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The location was so great --one block and a sky bridge away from airport and light rail. So convenient to get downtown Seattle and a very nice hotel! Plus affordable when compared to downtown. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I booked the hotel as I was landing at midnight (3 Am East Coast time). I was hoping to walk in and go right to bed, I was wrong. I had to wait almost 20 minutes for the shuttle bus to arrive. I assumed the bus stops would be by baggage claim. They are actually on the 3rd floor parking garage. If you call the hotel it gives you a message that it runs every 20 minutes. The front desk repeated the same message and would not send a shuttle.
When I got to the hotel the receptionist was OK. I asked her about the rail line to downtown that is right across the street from the hotel. I told her where I was needed to be in the morning and she told me it would be a 15 minute walk from the rail line. It didn't appear that way on the map but I trusted a local. She recommended i call a car service and that they would be at the hotel in 10 minutes after the call.
I went to my room which faced the street on the first floor. It was right across from the rail stop and had bright lights and you could hear kids yelling when they got out of the station. I immediately trekked all the way back to reception to request to be moved. The receptionist gave me another room facing the garden. She warned it might be noisy. I went all the way back only to find the key didn't work. So I hd to drag my bag and myself back to the receptionist, She really was curt at this point and called security saying that a guest cant get in the room and to come help them. She activated the key and the room opened without any problem. Security never came. Unfortunately by this time 45 minutes had transpired and I was exhausted. This is not a way to treat an Hilton Honors elite member.
The room was very quiet. It was clean and appeared fine, nothing fancy. The bed was comfortable. The electrical outlets on the desk did not work. Luckily I had checked my phone or all my electrical devices would have been dead in the morning. The faucets in the bathroom were loose, but I was able to get hot water and get the water to stop by turning it multiple times.
After showering in the AM I called the concierge to get a car service. He assured me the car would be there in 10-15 minutes. I was at the concierge desk in 12 minutes and waited another 25 minutes. I was getting upset at that point that I would miss the meeting I flew in to attend. I spoke to the staff and they only response they had was he will be here soon. When I arrived at my meeting i found out the meeting was one block form the rail station. The fare difference between the light rail and the car service was 37.00 not including tip. I wonder how much kick back the front desk gets.
The room was OK, except for working on fixtures and outlets. It is right next to the airport and the rail line. But would not recommend to anyone

Room Tip: ask for a garden room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
DoubleTreeSeattle, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2015

Dear Hilton Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the area. As a Hilton Honors member we strive to make your experience the best possible and we apologize that we have failed to meet your expectations. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we have taken your comments into consideration as we work to improve our on-property experience. The light rail station is by far the most affordable and popular option that our guests use to go downtown. We apologize for the confusion and the trouble we caused. We hope you will give us another try so we may demonstrate our commitment to your loyalty to the Hilton Brand.

Kind Regards,

Kayten Porter
Director of Guest Satisfaction

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This Hilton property offers a "day rate" option that was perfect for us, providing an opportunity to shower and change clothes before flying overseas from Sea-Tac. The location of the hotel (across the street from the terminal) and low day-rate, combine to provide an excellent value.

Check-in was fast, and while the walk to the room seemed to take forever (exercise never hurts) the walk was worth it as the room was spacious, clean, and large enough to make our short stay enjoyable.

The lobby offers a number of computers with reasonably fast internet access. Parking can be a bit difficult if the hotel is hosting a conference (the day we arrived the garage in the rear was full and so we had to pay $13 for valet parking for the afternoon - actually not a bad deal considering the convenience.

For travelers transiting from/to Sea-Tac, this Hilton met all of our needs and we recommend it to you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Perfect beds, so comfortable. Great room service menu, pizzas and paninis at night and crab benedict for breakfast! Only thing wrong was that I had requested a handicapped room because I was told it had a larger tub. Turned out it was same size tub, just had rails on it. Not a problem. Mini frig and coffeemaker in room. Big screen tv. Marble counters in bath. Not bothered by planes, stayed in room facing courtyard. Would happily return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Let me preface this by saying that I flew up to Seattle for an overnight stay only as I was up here for a movie date with a friend.

Pick up at the airport by the shuttle was prompt, courteous and without incident. Check-in by the staff, even though I was early, was accomplished and my room assigned without a problem. The two folks manning the front desk were efficient, courteous and polite and made it a breeze.

I was immediately assigned to a room on the first floor with a view of the courtyard. The room appointments were standard. The one thing that I found puzzling were the electrical outlets located on the lamp fixture. My AC adapters were all very loose fitting and I'm not sure if that was just due to the years of usage or deliberately by design. No matter, just an observation and not a knock against the hotel or the furnishings.

Bathroom was of a decent size. It seems that they standardize the bathroom accessories across their chain. Same brand shampoo and conditioner no matter whether you're in Ireland, London or in the US. Not bad at all.

The sleeping experience was phenomenal. Let me repeat that: It was phenomenal. I'm not sure what to attribute it too, but I wish the Hilton hotels abroad would use the same bed as they did in the particular Hilton. It appears to have had a nice soft mattress and down pillows/comforter, which led to a marvelous sleeping experience. I've never slept so well when I'm traveling and aside from my movie date it was the second best part about my stay up in Seattle. If you need to choose a hotel to stay in near SeaTac, if the Hilton doesn't break your budget, you MUST choose this hotel just for the sound sleep you will have. Noise from airplanes flying in and out of SeaTac was non-existent. Either that or there just aren't that many flights overheard when I was in the room.

The buffet breakfast I had this morning was on part with what I've experienced abroad. The in-room Internet connectivity, while not as blazing fast as it was in Paris (a whopping 4 Mbps download speed AND they've contacted me regarding the charge for Internet access), offered good options for getting connected and to work.

I did not get a chance to make use, if they existed, of a business center, executive lounge, spa, pool or gym.

The in-room environment controls did a particular good job of keeping me comfortable. The thermostat was set at 70 and not once did I need to adjust it either. No problems regarding noise at all in the hotel with the exception of some folks getting back to their rooms late last night, but I was online watching a show on MaxGo so it wasn't like they were disturbing my sleep. Had I been asleep in the marvelous bed, I highly doubt I would have heard them even.

Very close proximity to the airport. In fact, I remarked to the shuttle driver that it is a stone's throw away from it.

I highly recommend this Hilton property for your stay if in the area and you need to be by the airport.

Room Tip: I'm not sure what to offer up as a tip. You won't find any surprises with the quality of foo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Usually when a hotel says they accept pets they mean they will "tolerate" them. Hilton made us feel like our dog was a member of the family. They gave us a room right on the courtyard so we could easily take him out for breaks. They even had treats for him. It was really nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family