“Fine stay....restaurant less so”

Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, WA
“Fine stay....restaurant less so”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Our SeaTac hotel of choice. Always treated cordially and acknowledged as a repeat client. The room was large and comfortable. A bit stuffy and difficult to find a good sleeping temperature. The only disappointment was the restaurant. Spencer's steak house use to be a destination restaurant serving first rate steaks and sides. The service friendly and efficient. I believe it is now part of the Hilton hotel chain and the service and the food have suffered. Attention to detail was lacking and the food was really no better then an average hotel restaurant. We use to stay at this location because a meal at Spencer's was a treat...the restaurant is no longer " the" draw.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank dnl55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Korean first
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way back from Alaska in order to avoid a redeye flight. Having been in Seattle previously, we elected simply to stay a hotel at the airport. The Hilton was top quality all the way.

The convenience of simply walking out of the airport, over the sky bridge, and into the hotel was simply marvelous. Check-in was swift and professional. We only had our carry-on luggage due to a misunderstanding with Continental (they had retained our checked bags in the belief that we weren't leaving the airport between our flights) and we were cheerfully provided with everything we needed. Our Garden View-King room was comfortable and clean; we appreciated the tranquil interior garden which belied the busy airport just outside. The bathrooms were particularly nice, with top quality amenities.

There is a Spencer's right in the hotel, which is a real plus. We weren't up for a lot of food, though, and ordered in the bar instead. Food was great, but our cocktail waitress was even better. Witty and efficient, she turned what was just going to be a throwaway meal into a memorable experience. Our waitress at breakfast was equally good -- we were running a little short on time and she expedited our order with ease.

We had an excellent room rate due to prepaying. I'm sometimes reluctant to prepay on a location I've never seen, but the Hilton Seattle Airport exceeded our expectations and was a unexpectedly pleasant end to a very long vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank EricH61
Dallas
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The hotel is directly located across the street from the SEA-TAC Airport. Got a great deal for the room and loved the comfort of the beds. However, compared to the other hotels on the same strip, the parking costs are outrageous. North of $20 daily for self parking (but you get in/out privileges). It is a quite a generous walk from the self parking garage, though the long meeting room hallways, past the restaurant/bar, through the main lobby, past the front desk, and down another hall to the elevators. They really want to encourage the more expensive valet option (how much you ask? well beyond the self parking daily charge). When I asked if there was anything that could be done to help lower the self parking charges since the competition sitting next door only charged half the Hilton's price, they suggested the airport parking. I would strongly suggest seeking a different hotel in the local vicinity since the Hilton is one of the more expensive properties on the strip facing the airport. Parking costs are the one thing that didn't make the stay worth it for me.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rosamum
hk
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed at the Hilton in early December 2011. Booked a "Garden View" room and not realizing that it took over 5 minutes to walk from Lobby to the room itself. The hotel is only about 4 storeys high, and the numbering of the rooms basically reads "1" + "floor" + "room number (on that floor)". If you have a lot of luggage with you, I highly suggest that you emphasize on getting a room closer to the entrance. I had 5 pieces of luggage as I checked in, and the receptionist handling the check-in assigned one of the furthest rooms possible which took me over 7 minutes to push the luggage trolley all the way to my room. After getting all my luggage into the room, which I'd expected to be a larger size considering I was supposed to be paying for a "deluxe garden view" (the room is smaller than what you would find in a Hampton Inn), I headed out to get food as their restaurant was closed. Along the way I asked the receptionist why I was given a room so far away when I had all that luggage. The girl just frowned and said the hotel was fully booked and that I should have made the request earlier. When I told her that I had requested - as I booked on-line - that the room not be far from the elevator, she then said "can I send someone to help you then?"

Being a Hilton Gold VIP member, I am entitled to either a free upgrade (where available), or breakfast, or a 1000 points HHonors bonus. I had an early flight out so I skipped breakfast. Upon check-out I asked if she would note on the bill that I should get the 1000 points, and the girl (a different undertrained person) looks at me and smiles as she recites, "oh, just tell the Hilton Hhonors people that you didn't have breakfast and they should give you the miles."

What Hilton Hhonors people? It was unfortunate that I didn't have time to speak to her more, but perhaps that's a blessing as I don't think it would have helped me, but possibly only help her learn that I don't work for Hilton, nor are there Hilton Hhonors people standing around me to hear a plea about me not having breakfast at one of their lesser properties so they award me with 1000 miles.

Being a Gold VIP member, and having to deal with this kind of lack of service, I don't recommend staying at this hotel unless you're travelling with over 400 other people and all of you want to stay in the same property. While the hotel is very near the airport, and that right out the back-door of the property is the lightrail stop, downtown Seattle is not 15 minutes a ride away as their website claims. The best thing I have to say about this hotel would be the shuttle bus drivers as they were the most helpful of the lot.

Room Tip: request for a room near the lobby. Forget about the garden view rooms as they are very far from the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank daijobu
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Great hotel close to the airport. Extremely clean with very comfortable bed and bedding. Staff friendly and helpful. Restaurants close by. We tried 13 Coins, a 24 hour restaurant with an extensive menu and had a very good meal.
You can walk to the airport easily.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank waterlogged23
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Room was great. Nice linens and bath products. Shuttle runs 24/7 and on time. We ate fresh salmon with arugala pesto in their restaurant which was cooked to perfection. Lobby area has a nice fireplace to sit by. Light rail is across street which will take you into town.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank MsRumphius
Dallas
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My experiance with this property will send me to Marriott. I am a Dimond member and live a majority of my life in Hilton hotels. I've stayed here on several occasions and they continue to disapoint. They placed me in an accessible room the size of a small football field and stated my reservation requested this type of room. Never again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business