“Place to rest my head”

Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed May 5, 2010

The Quality Inn at Sea-Tac caters to budget travelers staying only a night at a time. The hotel is sparse but the beds are comfortable and rooms are quiet. The front desk attendant was very helpful. There is no elevator so that is a pain with several pieces of luggage. Luckily the attendant acted as a bellhop for me and carried my suitcases. I was exhausted and happy to fall asleep in a clean room.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed February 17, 2010

The staff at the front desk were top notch. Everthing was nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom in the non smoking room did smell of smoke. We turned on the fan and kept the door closed. There was a refrigerator and microwave. We caught the free shuttle at 5 am and it was too early for breakfast, so they gave us a lunch to go with a yorgurt and danish. There was fresh coffee in the lobby and a free USA Today. It took 7 minutes to get to our gate at the airport. There is a casino and 2 restaurants across the street. This was a great value and I will stay here anytime I have an early flight.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2010

Stay away from this one. Booked it through hotels-rates.com was not a clean place. I found it not to be what it looked like on the web site. Changed rooms and still didn't like it. The rooms were smoking rooms, even though I was told they were non-smoking as per smell, light bulds were burned out. I chose another hotel and called for a shuttle to pick me up. Turned my key inat the desk and when asked for a refund I was told I didn't check out properly. Have contacted Choice Hotels to no avail yet and contacted Hotels-rates.com also to no avail. Beware--- if it is cheap $ wise it will not be a place you want to stay

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank JBMASON
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I stayed here for two nights, and found it comfortable and reasonably-priced A full buffet breakfast was included, with waffles. The room was quite pleasant, even during a spell of very cold temperatures. It was less than a five-minute drive to the car rental location at the airport, and is in easy reach of I-5 and an alternative route to downtown Seattle and Tacoma. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is an old three-floor, Quality Inn, basement level, ground level and upstairs level. We stayed here two nights on our way to Vancouver for an Alaskan cruisetour. Pluses include good location-very close to Airport, adequate breakfast, inexpensive price, OK rooms with nice front desk staff. However, they do not have an elevator and it was a pain dragging our luggage up & down the stairs. Rooms are basic, staff are nice - it's an old facility, which is fine if you only need a place to sleep with basic amenities.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank AvisArt
Reviewed October 7, 2009

My experience with the Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport began with the airport shuttle that arrived within minutes of my getting out of the terminal. The driver helped with loading and unloading my bags. Check-in was a breeze, and in no time I was relaxing in a moderate-sized room with a queen bed, cable TV, aircon/heater, microwave, refrigerator, safe, and a clean bathroom. The next morning I had a sumptuous breakfast at the dining room, which was cozy and well-kept amidst the steady flow of guests. The kitchen crew did an excellent job of checking to make sure there was a steady supply of food (scrambled eggs, sausages, breads, bagels, waffles) and drinks (OJ, apple juice, decaf or regular coffee, hot and cold water). One of them was even going around topping off coffee cups! I didn't have a car, so it helped a lot that the hotel was located very near a bus stop. The front desk staff was very helpful in letting me know which bus to take and where to transfer. They were pleasant and always greeted me upon arrival at the lobby. On my last day (I stayed 3 days) the front desk staff offered for me to stay an extra hour in my room past the check-out time to wait for my tour bus to arrive, and let me store my bags in the dining room (which isn't used the rest of the day after breakfast). On my departure, I got to the lobby just as the airport shuttle was leaving, and the front desk staff paged the driver to stop, turn around, and get me! What an excellent way to conclude my visit to this Quality Inn.
Only two negative things about my stay: One was that I could hear the footsteps of the person/s in the room above me, but that was only for awhile. Besides, I was gone from my hotel room most of the day. Second, the treadmill in the fitness center was not working smoothly, and I wish there was more equipment such as free weights.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Joe_Martin516
Reviewed October 5, 2009

The first thing I noticed about the Quality Inn at Seatac Airport was that the door from the outside of the building to the first floor hallway was wide open, allowing anyone from the street and MANY mosquitoes to enter at will. When I tried to shower in the morning, I had no hot water. When I went to turn off the air conditioning unit, I found a half-smoked marijuana joint sticking out of the vents.

I called the front desk to inform them about the lack of hot water and to ask that someone come down and remove their previos guest's drugs from my air conditioner. When I got back to the room that night, I had been locked out and was met at the door by the desk clerk and a note from the hotel manager. Apparently because I had the nerve to complain about no hot water and DRUGS left in my room, I had to leave the hotel immediately or the police would be called and I would be charged with trespassing.

Enjoy your stay, just make sure you like mosquitoes and don't DARE complain unless you want to face possible arrest.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank travelermanUsa
gm_wa153, General Manager at Quality Inn Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2009

Hotel Manager response to travelermanUsa.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. We accommodate many guests with the principle goal of providing dependable service at a reasonable price. I take serious the concerns of every guest. It tells us what’s right, what we're doing wrong and how to improve ourselves. As Manager I firmly believe every one of my guests are entitled to express freely an opinion of the hotel experience even when I do not personally agree with the review. We would like the reader to know that after careful investigation and verification of the events; in order to protect all our hotel guests and our property I exercised our Right to Refuse Service to travelermanUsa under threat of Criminal Trespass.
travelermanUsa incurred no room or misc. charges during their stay, in light of the fact that the hotel had every legal right to do so. The hotel offered to assist in relocating to a different hotel within a reasonable distance from our location which travelermanUsa declined. It is not my policy nor that of this hotel to refuse service to any guest under grounds of reasonable satisfaction resulting in a complaint that is outside the scope of Act of God or Government Action as alleged by travelermanUsa. I truly regret that this action and reply was necessary regarding this issue. Management hopes the reader will weigh carefully all that is claimed in travelermaUsa review and be open minded.